It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I called it. Now they are trying to Remove Washington.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I heard you can fight fire with fire.

What offends you?

Just bitch loud enough

What isn't offensive about a smirking George Washington?

/ NPC mode

edit on 3-5-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I heard a good line on designated survivor in a plot like this. A sjw white chick wanted a Confederate statue removed and an older black guy was like "I'm not gonna be here forever to remind you of your past but that will"

That was deep

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I’m all for not hiding history but c’mon the message is Washington literally pointing the way forward for those men, and the path he points them to is literally over dead native Americans. They’re still around to care about that, you realize?

I doubt you’d be so casual about a statue at Pearl Harbor depicting a Japanese bomber blowing up the Arizona and the men trapped inside drowning. Yet it’s history. It’s not just because Washington and a vague acceptance of our history of slavery etc. it’s the literal depiction of native slaughter and it’s in poor taste.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Hmmm, interesting - I wonder if they're also planning on doing an ISIS job on Mount Rushmore too?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Tear it down. Just dont get mad when God hits California with a FireQuake.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Ironically, according to NYT, the murals were created in to 30’s by a New Deal Communist under FDR, and like Howard Zinn the Communist history revisionist, he attempted to depict Washington and the colonies in a bad light. Still, it seems that radical Democrats hate anything Washington and our Founding Fathers. They also hate all things Trump ( because orange man bad )....
Sheesh this stuff is really getting nuts 🥜

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Now there's a song you don't hear every day, hey?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CajunMetal

The mural should be replaced with a better one of Washington. After having seen the mural I agree, the Democrat who did it many years ago was ahead of his time in hating America and Washington.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO

I heard a good line on designated survivor in a plot like this. A sjw white chick wanted a Confederate statue removed and an older black guy was like "I'm not gonna be here forever to remind you of your past but that will"

That was deep

It leaves me to wonder, who will remind the older black guy that it was his own kind that originally enslaved themselves. There's no statues for that.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Change it to Christopher Columbus.

Shouldn't we go back to Mohammed since he started the Sex Slave trade and the Pirates practice of enslaving people on the High Seas? His style was anyone not Muslim was a slave or paid a tribute to not be officially a slave.

Spain and Italy had to fight off the Slave trading Islamist to be able to eat and raise their family's as they see fit from the 7th century on. Lets go back to that if we want to address "wrongs".

Right?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: odzeandennz

I still have no clue what your talking about.
Can you clarify?

Given that you said "why is that" initially, and now pretending to be oblivious, I'd say you know.

I digress.

Back to the op.

Ok the rest of us want to know now!

Comon Man throw us a bone!

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: shooterbrody
What material is plentiful enough for that?

The earth's mantle.

Touche'!!

Quick thinking pays off.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
Ironically, according to NYT, the murals were created in to 30’s by a New Deal Communist under FDR, and like Howard Zinn the Communist history revisionist, he attempted to depict Washington and the colonies in a bad light. Still, it seems that radical Democrats hate anything Washington and our Founding Fathers. They also hate all things Trump ( because orange man bad )....
Sheesh this stuff is really getting nuts 🥜

So true.

That Mural should've only showed GW Fighting the Brit's and various things that grew this great Nation. One that did something never before on Earth when it allows ANYONE to be a FREE person because that is ALL the ever mattered, Peoples Freedom from tyranny.

We can't allow this bull snip anymore. To hell with the revisionist and the their Progressive hate of all things good. Good is now bad and bad is now good.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Dude.
First, I would not take them down and do not support ''hiding'' history.
However, if we look at the murals there are 11 scenes, two of which are said to be causing offense due to the depiction of native American in a ''less than'' adaptation. I can understand, to a degree, this ''working groups dissatisfaction with those scenes.

Have you ever been in a volunteer working group? Their purpose is to seek change, to offer opinions on things. IF someone voluinteered to be in a working group, likely there would be no reason for them to do so if they wanted to keep things the same or even then didn't give a shzt. The members are tasked to work together to form their observations. Finding fault with only two of the 11panels was likely a compromise. However the school admin is taking it all under advisement and most likely wiser heads will prevail.

Please get back to us if and when those ''wiser heads'' succumb to the ravening hordes of sjws and indeed to remove that mural, then we call all get upset.

I really wish I lived in the world you assume to occupy. A world where SJW's have common sense and don't try to destroy uncomfortable history. Unfortunately, I don't reside there. I bet the sunsets are nice.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Maybe not traumatized...

But they should be, dammit!!!

How dare they not be, George was evil. I mean, orange man bad, therefore all Presidents are. Is that Progressive think??

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Eloquent.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I really wish I lived in the world you assume to occupy. A world where SJW's have common sense and don't try to destroy uncomfortable history. Unfortunately, I don't reside there. I bet the sunsets are nice.

I have no desire to live in the world you assume to occupy. A world where the thoughts and actions of a few can so easily be cast as examples of a a much larger group you assume them to be part of.

I offered to converse with you on this topic yet all I got back was that snide remark. Great job dude.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: Fallingdown

Hmmmm ?

I guess I better do a thread on him .

Done

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If history offends you, or being reminded of it, you are a special type of snowflake, and your life will not be easy.

Pathetic

edit on 3-5-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: CajunMetal

The mural should be replaced with a better one of Washington. After having seen the mural I agree, the Democrat who did it many years ago was ahead of his time in hating America and Washington.

I agree, why not just a better mural of Washington? Let people debate the merits of Washington after that.

I think the OP is misleading, and people are being intentionally tone deaf when it comes to this issue as a whole, though. Removing a depiction of white settlers literally walking over dead Native Americans, with Washington pointing the way, is NOT the same thing as removing a mural JUST BECAUSE it has Washington in it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join