It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I called it. Now they are trying to Remove Washington.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: rickymouse

I think the confederate statues are a different story as many were resserected by racists. Also, how is removal of a statue from a park or publuc square destroying history?

By removing those statues and getting away with it you set precedence. If you remove statues of white people, then common sense says that statues of Martin Luthor King should be removed too. All statues of leaders in this country should be banned and all textbooks discussing the subject should also be banned so our young can make the same stupid mistakes again.

We have pictures of a KKk rally in our library here in the town from long ago, the kids from the school commented on them recently and they wanted them taken down. The librarians said no way...they are staying to show people of the bad that happened here years ago, they are going to remain so people will not let it happen again. People tend to think the kkk problems were all down south, they had a parade here trying to rally support many years ago. Sometimes history can have an opposite effect, those statues of the confederate generals also kept the black people from forgetting to keep up the fight for equality.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The American Constitution should be discarded because its writers were slaveholders..."its coming"
We are not allowed to criticize contemporary racism and slavery in Africa, the Middle East, and the equivalents in South Asia.
Its obvious that the custodians of Western culture have lost their belief in Western culture.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
History can be a very dangerous thing when you don't know it. People who seek to remove it do not understand the harm it will bring about.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa
The American Constitution should be discarded because its writers were slaveholders..."its coming"
We are not allowed to criticize contemporary racism and slavery in Africa, the Middle East, and the equivalents in South Asia.
Its obvious that the custodians of Western culture have lost their belief in Western culture.

It’s unlikely the constitution will be abandoned. Society has progressed beyond the scope of the document, so it really doesn’t need to be retired.

It was flawed from the beginning, though. The three-fifths compromise was a disgusting affront to human dignity, and the document’s condoning of slavery placed a stain on the otherwise remarkable ideas in the pages. We are still trying to escape the grasp of America’s original sin. It was part of the founding; the south would not have been prosperous without chattel slavery. This is not a minor issue.

The constitution also serves the whims of the Supreme Court majority. Textualism and originalism are postmodern ideas, and only exist so monied interests are satisfied. It is quite funny how conservatives moan and cry about the scourge of cultural Marxism, because the philosophy of textualism branches from ideas from the Frankfurt school. Corporations are people? That’s no where to be found, yet the Supreme Court strengthens the notion each chance it gets.

So the constitution won’t be discarded unless the republic falls, though elements of it continue to be a millstone around America’s neck.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
Founding Fathers ?

Don't you mean Tax Dodgers ?

Tax Dodgers?

Don't you mean people who believe that what is theirs is theirs, and no one else has a legitimate right to anything they own, regardless of how many thugs get together to 'vote' themselves into someone else's pocketbook?

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: derfreebie

originally posted by: GreenGunther
They are acting like the victors - removing history so they can repeat it.

I usually don't post toward the author of a post that brief unless it were
so sadly true. May the stars almost blind you for it. I WILL ARCHIVE THIS

Thank you.
Please archive.

I believe it’ll only be relevant in 70+ years.
But if I live that long I’ll be around to say ‘ha! Told ya so’ or something to that effect.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

I honestly think that's the real problem: Boredom.

We have life so easy now, in the age of supermarkets and the internet. There is no real fear of hunger, minus some actually homeless people - but even most of them are fed from their 3 for 1$ churros from Arby's and then the rest they're looking for is money for whatever else, and they'll often not eat food given to them. (I could be bias, but I had some homeless friends when I worked in a major downtown area and I talked to them quite extensively about hussling and food and the lot.)

There's no threat to fight against, so it's almost like a threat is being created. We have this weird inner tendency it seems... the need to defend or to conquer or to charter into unknown lands. So much is known now, and it is creating anxiety, depression, and anger... People think it's a problem with politics, when in reality it may just be our nature is fighting against how simple life is at the moment.

So now we have people modifying their bodies/minds/history/ and whatever else due to this fruitful age (at least in the societies with these problems.)

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
www.thecollegefix.com...

A Northern California public school district may remove a mural of George Washington from the halls of George Washington High School due to concerns that it’s offensive and demeaning to Native Americans and African-Americans. The controversy comes after a working group determined the mural, made up of several panels, “traumatizes students and community members.” But advocates for keeping the 83-year-old mural say that removing it ignores the intent of the artist and represents an attempt to erase history.

I would like to hear from someone who honestly believes that removing art depicting our history will somehow make things better. I really want to understand what about removing the visual reference is desirable. Nothing you remove will change the fact that we had slaves. White slaves, brown slaves, red haired slaves. We no longer do that. "we" being the entire world as a whole. But removing the visual reference doesn't change any of that. Will hiding this from future generations make things better? Will we stop teaching about this, outlaw the movie Roots?

Unless I get a solid answer, I'm left with the feeling that these SJW's are nuts. Weak little idiots who can't handle reality.

Basically, the murals do not speak to the values of the school, that being social justice. If it were an art school I would bet that the murals would not be removed. It is all a matter of values and perspective, so choose your corner.

Sure, nothing to see here folks...westward ho!

It identified two panels as especially offensive. One shows Washington pointing westward next to the body of a dead Native American. The other depicts slaves working in the fields of Mount Vernon.

theconversation.com...
edit on 15CDT01America/Chicago03610131 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join