It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I called it. Now they are trying to Remove Washington.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on May, 3 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   
www.thecollegefix.com...

A Northern California public school district may remove a mural of George Washington from the halls of George Washington High School due to concerns that it’s offensive and demeaning to Native Americans and African-Americans. The controversy comes after a working group determined the mural, made up of several panels, “traumatizes students and community members.” But advocates for keeping the 83-year-old mural say that removing it ignores the intent of the artist and represents an attempt to erase history.

I would like to hear from someone who honestly believes that removing art depicting our history will somehow make things better. I really want to understand what about removing the visual reference is desirable. Nothing you remove will change the fact that we had slaves. White slaves, brown slaves, red haired slaves. We no longer do that. "we" being the entire world as a whole. But removing the visual reference doesn't change any of that. Will hiding this from future generations make things better? Will we stop teaching about this, outlaw the movie Roots?

Unless I get a solid answer, I'm left with the feeling that these SJW's are nuts. Weak little idiots who can't handle reality.

+23 more 
posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

IDK anymore man. I cant stand living in and around this madness. After a while, it takes its toll. They want it, they can have it. Destroy everything. Then another generation of mindless self absorbed morons and their selfish ideologies can come along and destroy that and round and round it goes. Bored with the world? Destroy everything in it and remake it how I WANT IT, and I want it NOW! I've either died and this is my hell or after my Son died I slipped into some alternate reality. Either way I want off this ride.

+21 more 
posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Just walk into or along the streets of SF and you will see the cesspool of the "new america".

+24 more 
posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   

What cracks me up is I'd bet most of the kids haven't even seen the mural as they walk by because they are too busy with their stupid phones to pay attention. Heck, probably don't know who GW was anyway.

+14 more 
posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Do they realize that the school is named George Washington?

Maybe they should replace his mural with one of the people that sold their ancestors in the first place.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Really, is those in power really retarded these days?

+1 more 
posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Should somebody point out that most of the states of the United States were named by slave-holders, or at least by slave-holding communities? "California" is certainly on that list (originally named by the Spanish rulers of Mexico). This means that the name of California ought to be removed from the map as well.

edit on 3-5-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
This is something we actually agree on. Hiding from history doesn't help anyone, or anything.

This new world of sjw commandos demolishing everything in their path, must be stopped.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Change it to Christopher Columbus.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

thats racist.

why is it ok to "culturally appropriate" WASP's?

Should not people from Africa speak african

people from south America should speak mizo american (not spannish or portugese)

(see how this works?)

electricity is a white mans evil, so stay away from electrical devices

[think we can get progs to buy it?)

+21 more 
posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   

When you are attempting to take over a culture and change it to something new one of the things you have to do is erase its history.

Progressives understand that.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

What cracks me up is I'd bet most of the kids haven't even seen the mural as they walk by because they are too busy with their stupid phones to pay attention. Heck, probably don't know who GW was anyway.

Don't be silly, history is far more enjoyable and addictive than fortnight will ever be... Shheesh.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

People only get upset when the situation suits them.
If we want to get to the root of cultural appropriation then Africans should be using planes trains and automobiles.
No medications either unless they ground up some bark.
But by god dread locks are theirs!

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Don't worry, I agree with you. My suggestion was the old "reductio ad absurdam" tactic- discrecit an idea by showing how far it takes you.

+6 more 
posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I would like to hear from someone who honestly believes that removing art depicting our history will somehow make things better.

Because stupid people are easier to herd than smart ones.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

this is beyond disheartening. Washington is one of my heroes... next they will be burning books and disassembling exhibits in museums with historical artifacts

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

History is mean and I don't like it.

We shouldn't teach kids about things that may make our feelz factories produce more output. Also, we should give trophies to kids for learning PC history.

Maybe we can all come together and create characters for History Revised ™ so that we can help history conform with the current values we are told we must have. In this history the first president was a woman named Pat who identifies as a man but is still a lesbian... Should kids question that part, they don't get their history trophy.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Wasn't some dude hired to build the White House and he used slaves to do it? How long before they tear ot down?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

People only get upset when the situation suits them.
If we want to get to the root of cultural appropriation then Africans should be using planes trains and automobiles.
No medications either unless they ground up some bark.
But by god dread locks are theirs!

Wasn't expecting this from you..

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Whys that?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join