It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Is The UN?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

To make them impotent when they're really needed is a "feature" to you?

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

In this situation sure seem to be.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The UN has no value other than a self assumed moral authority, and a clearing house for "aid" contributed by member nations.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

One would like to think they are also interested in preventing WW3.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I see the satire flew right over your head.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

One would like to think they are also interested in preventing WW3.

They are interested in what their member nations are interested in. I suspect that is profiting off both sides of a war.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

It did, thanks for the clarification.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

THAT'S the part I was missing!! I kept getting an empty reply on the second box.

Thanks to both of you!

P.S. But I still wonder though, there must be another way because I see people respond to 6 -
7 people in one reply. Open multiple tabs then?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

That and skimming whatever they can from the flow of funds that passes through their hands. Can't let money go by without siphoning some off, now can we?

You are quite welcome

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Same process no matter how many replies.

Reply to first post, copy everything in reply box, refresh.

Paste copied first reply into box then reply to second post, copy new response which includes original post into second reply box, refresh.

Post copied responses from other posts into third reply box, reply to third post, copy all responses, refresh, etc.

Multiple tabs work too, but that's a lot of switching back and forth. I find that post, copy, refresh, paste, new post, copy, refresh, paste (for as many posts as is necessary) works just fine.

Of course, you have to make sure your spacing is correct and the proper reply to the proper poster is typed under the correct header, but once you've done it a couple of times it's remarkable how easy it becomes.
edit on 3-5-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: clarification

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: DISRAELI

But Russia, the US and China are the foreign influences involved. They get to vote on their own case?

Now you understand the fatal flaw of the UN. A global entity comprised of individuals representing all the nations, with a vested self-interest. Its just there to make people feel like they've done something good even when nothing gets done at all.

Or put another more cynical way: The UN Assembly is just a pencil pushers battle field.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I won't say that Maduro is good because idk who could side with China or Russia but...today on FB I saw a guy from Caracas. I asked him how's he doing in Venezuela. All he said is that life is good and it's a beautiful country. Now I'm not sure if people over there are really suffering as much as we are being told.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

Suffering or not, the people from each side have begun to shoot at each other at the Colombian border. # a crystal ball, this is exactly how I wrote this would go down last year. The Colombians may go across to ensure the peace of the border crossing, and well, assist with drug trafficking interdiction of course, which you know, may require some helicopters and tactical commando types ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join