It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MasterCard planning to blacklist users over political views

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Complain with your wallets. That's what I just did. Now I no longer have any stock in the Mastercard company. Also sent them a complaint telling them why I chose to do what I did. It may be "white supremacists" now, but eventually, it will be like Facebook, Twitter, Paypal and Patreon banning everyone that isn't a liberal. Slippery slope comes to mind and did anyone else notice how they won't be banning people pushing anti-semitism. That's my 2 cents.

I completely agree. I'm actually in the process of moving my bank accounts to another institution that doesn't use Mastercard for their debit cards. I've been wanting to do this ever since my bank switched from Visa to MC, just never had time. Then I heard MC was selling all of their customers purchase history to places like Google which didn't make things any better. When my bank asks why I left, I'll tell them the truth, it's because of MC. I can only hope others follow suit.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: trollz

It makes perfect sense now that corporations ARE the government.

So why does the left keep claiming they aren't censoring speach? You always claim the conservative media has all the power

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
MasterCard, Google, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Amazon.. Oh and late night shows, Hollywood, CNN, college campuses, MSNBC, NPR, libraries, public schools..

Should I go on? Yeah. It's pretty clear what's going on here.

And the liberals call the right facists. The left is creating a 1939 Germany one thing at a time.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

The beast system is almost here. Repent, the time is at hand!

The 'mark' of the beast could very well be Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Oh, but muh free market and private business and voluntary interactions derp derp derp.

Did I sum up the Republican/Libertarian argument on that one?

Keep singing about "but it's a private business and you have choices" until everyone follows suit, and then what? Seriously, I'm all about liberty and choice, but don't be stupid about things like this, people.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: thedigirati

Maybe some loaves of white bread on the shelves will bring in more customers.

thats Breadist, what about whole wheat (non-gluten free)

Or maybe it was liberals running the company?

(I only buy glutens, real butter and whole milk, but I was a Marine too)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Mastercard could be sued in civil court if they do this and anyone suffers financial losses.

Obviously their CEO and board of directors are taking huge business risks because of their political leanings.

This same kind of thing happened in China during the cultural revolution, and it's starting to ramp back up in China again.

Looks like Mastercard wants to try it too.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

It makes perfect sense now that corporations ARE the government.

Yup, and it will also make sense that the next revolution will entail armed patriots swarming corporate HQ's as much as fighting gov forces.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

Oh, but muh free market and private business and voluntary interactions derp derp derp. Did I sum up the Republican/Libertarian argument on that one?

No.

It's the antithesis of a free market. The left has created a monopoly of thought, and speech.

Something they are suppose to be against.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel
The thedigirati is right. There's a reason that drug stores are no longer pure drug stores. It started back in the 80's with the invention of HMO's. A pure drug store would go out of business.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

MasterCard, Google, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Amazon.. Oh and late night shows, Hollywood, CNN, college campuses, MSNBC, NPR, libraries, public schools..

What's clear is there is a giant, organized, committed force only a step away from clamping down on everyone and everything and they will do it with very few hiccups. It's what we all have collectively asked for. The archetype of the warrior and hero are long gone as far as the masses are concerned. Go back to your daily routine and pick up some KY on the way home today for your butt cause you'll/we'll need it.
edit on 3-5-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Step 1 was the introduction of the term "hate speech." From there it was a short skip to "hate crime." Now it's blowing up in our faces just as planned, and people are running around in circles wringing their hands and wailing about what could have gone wrong.

What went wrong is that we as a society decided we love security more than liberty... and we neither deserve nor will receive either. In a few generations, someone will rise up and take their freedom back, at the cost of millions of lives, and all will be well again. Until the exact same thing happens to them that has happened to us. Then some people will try to warn society that they are taking a path that has always led to servitude, and will be ignored... just like I am.

And the real irony/tragedy? We did much of it "for the children"... so it will be our children and grandchildren who will be the ones to pay the high price of their freedom. Of course, no one will realize this, even after I spelled it out above, until all freedom is lost.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It is obvious that since the left can't win policy arguments with facts and logic that they are going for full on censorship and making it hard to be a right thinking person socially and financially.

I've mentioned this before, they hide their true intent by labeling those they disagree with as racist, homophobic, etc in an attempt to make it seem like they aren't censoring people. After all, no one is against censoring Hitler!

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork

What's clear is there is a giant, organized, committed force only a step away from clamping down on everyone and everything and they will do it with very few hiccups. It's what we all have collectively asked for. The archetype of the warrior and hero are long gone as far as the masses are concerned. Go back to your daily routine and pick up some KY on the way home today for your butt cause you'll/we'll need it.

I agree completely.

I also think that even the few thinkers here are slurping up the diversionary tactics of the right and left.

There is no right or left.

Just a corrupt group of people controlling everything.

It's grifting 101. An openly horrible option put forward, or a crap option.

It makes your crap option seem ok.

...if it goes the other way, good for them. Right removal, higher taxes etc...

People need to wake tf up from the r/l/r/d diversion.

Nothing matters but kicking the can down the road to these people, yet it's stupid r/d sport politics in here with most, like good little programmed sheep.

Who screwed who? Who spied? Who lied?

I say "Who cares? Quit stealing my gd money!"

It's about time for a citizen shutdown, this relationship has gotten manipulative and abusive on a cosmic level.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Except that there is a "side" in the sense that those of us who see this coming get labeled so that they know we're the target. You can't hate something unless you know you should. Therefore, we have to be labeled. Why else do you think the plethora of ists and isms exist today? You have to name it in order to fight it whether that name is accurate or not.

Hence, we do have a "side" whether or not we want one. They put us in the box.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
The beast system is almost here. Repent, the time is at hand!

How weird, Wookiep just gave a list of the beasts bitches back on page one - tis epic level irony that those same whores are also the most anti christian too.

Coincidence? I think not....

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Good thing my only mastercard switched to a visa. *crossing fingers visa doesn't become 'progressive'*

This is ridiculous. I feel guilty for using gmail but it has so much space and ease of use. I figure anything they would wanna know about me they know already anyway. Whoever they are.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

When your god is the state which is really the human system, then no, it's not a coincidence at all.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

It seems simple to me, if your going to give money too white supremacy organizations don't use MasterCard.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
Oh, but muh free market and private business and voluntary interactions derp derp derp.

Did I sum up the Republican/Libertarian argument on that one?

Keep singing about "but it's a private business and you have choices" until everyone follows suit, and then what? Seriously, I'm all about liberty and choice, but don't be stupid about things like this, people.

Exactamundo.. Glad someone said it, I was going to.

They might feel differently when for whatever reason, they are blocked from using their credit cards.. Then they'll smell the coffee..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join