It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Claims Cheap Dog Deworming Medicine Cured His Terminal Cancer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   
This is one heck of a story if "TRUE" !

The problem with cures for cancers are all the snake oil salesmen who for some money will claim if you take their product you might get lucky like others who have taken their stuff. I include the hospitals for profit in that category too. I like this story because they cure is available already and the Vet who said it might work was not repackaging and selling each pill for $100 or more..

The guy in the article had 3 months to live according to his doctors.. Three months later he was cancer free.. all for the cost of $5 for some dog medicine.. If it really does work we should all buy some now before they outlaw it or take it off the market !! I joke not !!

An Oklahoma man who was once diagnosed with small-cell lung cancer and told hat he only had three months live claims he is now tumor-free thanks to a $5 deworming drug usually meant for dogs.

Joe Tippens was diagnosed with small-cell lung cancer in 2016. Despite undergoing treatment for the disease, by January of 2017, the cancer had spread to other organs, including his stomach, neck, pancreas and even his bones. The cancer was everywhere and doctors advised him to go home and say his goodbyes because he only had three months to live. When small-cell cancer spreads as wide as it had in his case, the chances of survival are around one percent. Tippens thought he was going to die, and with nothing left to lose, he was willing to try anything in hopes of a miracle, even a dog dewormer called fenbendazole.

The desperate cancer sufferer stumbled upon the bizarre treatment while browsing a forum of his alma mater, Oklahoma State University. The post that caught his eye read “If you have cancer or know someone who does, give me a shout”.

Three months later after taking fenbendazole the new cat scan indicated:

In September 2017, Joe went for yet another scan which again showed he was cancer-free. This time he told his doctor about the fenbendazole, but there was no way to prove that the deworming drug had cured him. He had also been taking vitamin E supplements, CBD and bioavailable curcumin, plus there was also the clinical trial the doctors suggested. The funny thing about that experimental drug was that out of the 1,100 patients on that clinical trial, Joe was the only one cleared of cancer.

Clinical trails invite you to be a lab rat and usually show (in my experience) there is not statistical advantage to those who are in the trail versus those who are not.

www.odditycentral.com...

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

so he was taking 4 different " self perscribed " " medications " AND an unspecified clinical trial ??????

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   

This could be a case of "correlation does not prove causation."

What possibly could the mechanism be between fenbendazole and the cancel cells? I imagine it could be easier demonstrated with mice having a similar cancer to see if there's any truth to it. But I imagine most scientists would dismiss this as too far-fetched to even try.

The more interesting question is if he tried fenbendazole, maybe there were 20 other things he tried also. How far down the list of things can you try before you get to fenbendazole??????

edit on 3-5-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   
My mom has small cell lung cancer. If I recall correctly it's the worst form of lung cancer. There are only two stages before it spreads and after it spreads. Once it spreads your a goner. My mom had a 9 mm tumor and it didn't spread. She went through chemo and radiation and now she's cancer free. But from what I've heard of small cell once you get it it will come back. 99% of people that have had it don't survive past 5 years. Most people don't survive past 2 years. I went to the doctor recently and they found 3 small tumors in my lungs 4 mm. I'm worried I might have the early stages of small cell. I have to see a pulmonary expert soon. I'm only 42 years old.

Honestly I think the story is BS. I wouldn't have the nerve to try it.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
My mom has small cell lung cancer. If I recall correctly it's the worst form of lung cancer. There are only two stages before it spreads and after it spreads. Once it spreads your a goner. My mom had a 9 mm tumor and it didn't spread. She went through chemo and radiation and now she's cancer free. But from what I've heard of small cell once you get it it will come back. 99% of people that have had it don't survive past 5 years. Most people don't survive past 2 years. I went to the doctor recently and they found 3 small tumors in my lungs 4 mm. I'm worried I might have the early stages of small cell. I have to see a pulmonary expert soon. I'm only 42 years old.

Honestly I think the story is BS. I wouldn't have the nerve to try it.

I understand and hope everything works out for you, sincerely..

If I thought I only had 3 months to live, not to mention the pain involved with cancer I would not hesitate to take these pills before I ever went under chemo and radiation. I doubt the pills could do anymore harm than what is already being done to one's body; certain kills the worms or makes them crawl away in dogs... But... I am old and have seen people spend every last dime they have at the hospitals and still die.. There are some good stories about people beating cancer for a few years before it comes back and others that are still cancer free after chemo and radiation.. For me, they and the AMA can take the chemo and shove it where the sun don't shine... My body my choice.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Well if the story has any validity this $5 dog drug will get a new name and cost $55k.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Complete BS. There's no reason an anthelmintic would have any effect on cancer.
edit on 5/3/2019 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I just watched a story that is somewhat the opposite.

It was about people that lived on the banks of the Amazon. They have a ton of parasites, and surprisingly eat a lot of carbs. They have zero heart disease.

On a side note, I truly believe that humans have a lot more parasites than we realize and they do cause a host of medical issues that might be blamed on other things.

One of the reasons they think people go nutty during a full moon is that the parasites in the body are acting up based on the moons gravitational pull. Kinda creepy to think about.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I believe in alternative medicine for cancer. If one works for you go for it or choose a different route as there are many to investigate and follow. The pH and Bi carbonated soda + vitamin C overdose worked for me. I also heard about de-worming medicine and that it has a positive effect in curing cancer, if true I do not know

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I think that this was on ATS in 2017. I remember reading about this already.

www.npr.org...

Here's also a NIH paper. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

It looks like it may help in stopping cancer from spreading. But may or may not help cure it completely.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

There is an ATS member whose name I cannot remember who claimed that he cured his cancer using Mebendazole which is chemically almost identical to the drug mentioned in the OP except the Sulphur atom is replaced by Oxygen. There may be something to this story. (I am not a medical professional!)

ETA The thread I mentioned is this one.
edit on 3/5/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Your dismissive post is a complete lie. Purge the parasite, and you clear cancer.

www.cancer.org...

Certain parasitic worms that can live inside the human body can also raise the risk of developing some kinds of cancer.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Parasitic worms cause cancer -- and could help cure it

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

This story about dog deworming medicine and cancer has been going around for years. If I had it, I'd try it, but I have something else as well I patented a while back that works pretty well on most people.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Very interesting about the effects of the moon on parasites...I had to look it up and it appears that there is some basis to that.

Toxoplasma gondii parasite linked to generalized anxiety disorder
www.psypost.org...

Common Parasite Linked To Suicide Risk
www.medicalnewstoday.com...

consciousreminder.com...

But parasites are more likely to be the real thing driving you crazy or causing suffering during a full moon.

The gravitational pull on water balance in the kidneys causes a shift of movement or an “awakening,” making these little buggers more active during the full moon cycle, which then wreaks havoc on your intestinal health, digestion, and hormone balance. An overgrowth of gut bacteria and/or yeast such as Candida can also have similar effects during a full moon.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Actually he is spot on. While killing worms BEFORE they cause cancer could be effective, once the cancer has started an anthelmintic would have no effect.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Smoking also causes cancer. If someone with smoking caused lung cancer stops smoking, does that cure their cancer?

The reason cancer has been so hard to cure is because it is the body attacking itself.

Drugs like the one mentioned in the OP target outside invaders. There is absolutely no mechanism in these drugs that would cure cancer.

Maybe you could make the argument that they can be used as a preventative treatment. But as an actual cure? No.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Well I'm not going to argue what you define as "when the cancers started", or what you mean by "cancer" in the 1st place to begin with.

Suffice to say - if you purge the parasite and further eggs hatching surely that will eliminate "further" cancer

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

May we know what that something else is you patented?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Clinical Trials Using Mebendazole
www.cancer.gov...

The reason cancer has been so hard to cure is because it is the body attacking itself.

The reason getting rid of the infectious parasite whose protective layer is dissolved by isopropyl alcohol - leading to the explosive growth of "cancer" - is that there is no money in it.

Surely by now you know the medical professions aren't able to use the word "cure".

www.rainbow.coop...

In this study, the goal was to determine how many oocysts** of C. parvum would be needed to infect a mouse and cause cancer. Some mice were given only 1 oocyst; others were given from 10 to 100,000 oocysts. All mice developed parasitic infections followed by adenocarcinoma. Even mice which received 1 oocyst developed cancer within 45 days in the stomach or the intestine. The cancers were seen only in animals with evidence for parasitic infection.

CONCLUSION: The study confirmed the severe infectivity of C. parvum and the relationship between parasites and cancer. The authors point out that this relationship in mice could also exist in humans, when they are severely immune-compromised.

NOTE: *Dr. Hulda Clark, Canadian naturopath, wrote “The Cure for All Cancers,” about the relationship between parasites and cancer in 1993. Her books have been treated with a great deal of skepticism by the medical community. But, eventually, she has been shown to be correct in some of her ideas. She believed that the abundant isopropyl alcohol in our environments and bodies enables the dissolving of the tough capsule of the oocyst.

There has long been documentation of the relationship between cancer and parasites. There has, also, been a close relationship between liver flukes and liver cancer. There have been documented cases of parasites being found in the middle of breast tumors.

**Oocyst is a highly protected stage of the life cycle of a parasite, and is the form which is introduced into the human gastrointestinal tract. The organism is surrounded by a protective capsule that must be dissolved for the parasite to infect the host.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Cryptosporidium parvum infection in SCID mice infected with only one oocyst: qPCR assessment of parasite replication in tissues and development of digestive cancer.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

You display a high level of ignorance on the subject. The MOA of an anthelmintic can not cure cancer. Purging the parasite surely will not eliminate further cancer. So what is the evidence this man even had worms to begin with? If he had worms why was he not prescribed a human anthelmintic?

The answer he did not have them, and thus your reasoning is flawed.

Despite undergoing treatment for the disease, by January of 2017, the cancer had spread to other organs, including his stomach, neck, pancreas and even his bones.

An anthelmintic killing parasites can not possibly explain that, especially since fenbendazole is poorly absorbed from the alimentary canal.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join