It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebooks censorship purge

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

What are points worth..lol

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Hazardous1408

My friend, when a company has over 2.3 billion users, and can arbitrarily ban whomever they choose on a whim without any consistency, it should be cause for alarm because it is them who is shaping a narrative we have yet to see.

I wonder if facebook can be sued for the information on the account if they ban someone?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I Think , therefore I am ALWAYS Relevant ! This Concept is Self Evident Unless you are a Dead from the Neck Up Idiot . YOU Do MATTER in this Life . Please Do Not Let ANYONE Tell You Otherwise . I Feel Your Pain People , but Pain Makes Life Worth Living Sometimes . Who dosen't Like a Challenge ?.........
edit on 3-5-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

That’s a blatant lie. Facebook is a 100% free service.

Personal profiles, public and private groups, as well as promotional pages are all free.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Nice to see you back by the way.

It's not often I find a worthy opponent to argue with.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

My friend, when a company has over 2.3 billion users, and can arbitrarily ban whomever they choose on a whim without any consistency, it should be cause for alarm because it is them who is shaping a narrative we have yet to see.

I wonder if facebook can be sued for the information on the account if they ban someone?

Facebook cannot be sued.

They are actually immune from libel/slander suits.

Courtesy of the US government.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Hey Look ! Mr. Irrelevant is Still here . FREE SPEECH Will NEVER Be Squelched in the Good Ole U.S. Freakin ' A . The Constitution Still RULES Contrary to Might you have Heard ............

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Nice to see you back by the way.

It's not often I find a worthy opponent to argue with.

Thank you, pal. Wish I had the time to pop in more often.
Miss it a lot. Great to see you’re still going strong.

Hope all is well for you and yours outside of here too.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

That’s a blatant lie. Facebook is a 100% free service.

Yes. They are making billions a year because it's free. lol.

Personal profiles, public and private groups, as well as promotional pages are all free.

Free, and free to join are two very different things my friend. You pay with your info.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Facebook cannot be sued.

They are actually immune from libel/slander suits.

Courtesy of the US government.

Hmmmm. I wonder what that cost them? Private information.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
hot wow
how damn whiny can you guys even BE?
every other day you can barely contain the boasts that you're too independent or whatever to have a facebook
feel like every second thread has some random completely irrelevantly strutting about it
but now all of a sudden it's
NUU MY INALIENABLE RIGHT TO BEAR FACEBOOKS
how little do y'all have going on in your lives??

and like honestly where this really gets me is that you should be STOKED
this should be news that makes the hardest core of conspiracy freaks grin into their bin racoon beards
cus look at it this way;
the more people get booted off facebook [for whatever reason]
the more people there will be off facebook [for whatever reason]
so logically the more people will be doing their own thing, creating their own small networks, might we finally be seeing a glimmer of hope for an ending to the Walled Garden and a return to the beautiful chaotic 90's style net?

nooooo let's not think of that let's be pissy that this one site gets cagey when you scream perpetually about major global disasters being faked for no reason

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

It's not surprising that the leftists would be applauding censorship, but I will always defend the rights of free expression for people I don't even agree with.

And that's what differentiates people like you from me.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Facebook only get the info we choose to share voluntarily.

But if you’re not talking monetarily, then that’s another conversation tbh.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Facebook only get the info we choose to share voluntarily.

But if you’re not talking monetarily, then that’s another conversation tbh.

Facebook sales your info to other companies. They also get your connections to other people, they get to know what you like so that they can help people sell things to you. They get your money one way to another.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
What needs to happen is conservatives need to set up there OWN social media companies.

I believe a conservative social media company would make even more money then facebook and could be fully controled by
conservatives.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

No.

What's to stop United Airlines from using Facebook to determine who gets to fly on their airplanes?

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

There’s been a few successful lawsuits against section 230 .

www.minclaw.com...

If anybody takes it to court. It’s probably going to come down to the word “ editing “ . While they’re not editing the users words. They are editing the users choice. Such as conservative news being restricted and liberal news pushed or the Proud boys being banned and ANTIFA not.

Just to throw something out there. If they commit a crime they also lose immunity.

I wonder if there’s a civil rights violation for anything they’re doing ?

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Facebook is immune from prosecution though.

Facebook has 2.3 billion members. They can tell every airline that if they don't start banning conservatives from flying, Facebook will stop advertising to all 2.3mbillion members.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Personally, I think political discrimination should be treated as any other form of discrimination. But that's the whole idea here. They will never allow that to be a "thing" because there is an agenda here to push.

Then of course, when you make it seem as though one political party are "white supremacists" based on political affiliation alone, that doesn't help.

There may be genuine legal grounds for a lawsuit, but I highly doubt anything will ever come of it. I'm honestly thinking we all better just accept that the new bizzaro world we live in is just going to get worse. It sucks horribly, but we gotta hunker down. If we're not going to fight it, then we all deserve what's coming.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   

a reply to: continuousThunder

It's not surprising that the leftists would be applauding censorship, but I will always defend the rights of free expression for people I don't even agree with.

And that's what differentiates people like you from me.

odd, it's the way you can make sweeping judgements about someone you don't know from a bar of soap and whose life you have zero understanding of, and somehow come out feeling like you're In The Right that i feel is what truly differentiates "people like you from me"
you're the one drawing the lines, buddy

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join