It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebooks censorship purge

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Malisa

ATS does not censor opinion based on political bias. ATS has some flaws, but they moderate pretty fairly and have been throughout this particularly dark time in free speech on the internet.

The targeting of conservatives for deplatforming is and should be concerning when it is tied to efforts from government officials through corporate/political backchannels.

Corporations have entirely too much power. Enough that they can effectively nullify a right that is much more than a law written on paper. It is the basis for who we are as Americans.

Doesn't it? Are you sure? If it was removed, how would you know? Maybe it got removed because someone did not like what the OP said but you did not see it so you can't make a judgment on that. People are people and they have feelings and ideals so who knows

Facebook is a private company and they can do whatever they want, like twitter and others. Facebook it's a sh*ty one for sure, i don't use it since like 3 or so years ago.

Why you care, let it be and share the message with other's but do it in a way that doesn't make you look angry or harmed, so that people will listen to you

I don't even care about parties, i find both ridiculous because they openly lie in the air and lately they even tell people "we are lying" and people still follow them. I don't want to be retarded like that so no parties for me

Corporations have too much power since ever, not just now. The way to deal with it is to force it to change, right, aren't we supposed to have that power, to change and move things forward and such? Otherwise there is no real democracy and we're just playing pretend

edit on 3-5-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   

ATS does not censor opinion based on political bias. ATS has some flaws, but they moderate pretty fairly and have been throughout this particularly dark time in free speech on the internet.

The targeting of conservatives for deplatforming is and should be concerning when it is tied to efforts from government officials through corporate/political backchannels.

Corporations have entirely too much power. Enough that they can effectively nullify a right that is much more than a law written on paper. It is the basis for who we are as Americans.

No one is targeting conservatives. If you want to be a bigot on the internet and spread hate you are free to build your own platform.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

No one is targeting conservatives. If you want to be a bigot on the internet and spread hate you are free to build your own platform.

This is demonstrably false.

You say this as the left tries to influence the likes of Mastercard to economically deplatform conservative groups and individuals.

Keep cheering on fascism.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

You’re lying

‘Conservatism’ is NOT “hate”

Opposing Islam is NOT hate
opposing leftist fascism is NOT hate
Opposing globalisation is NOT hate

Also, you’re lying. Conservatives are absolutely being targeted. By fascists.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   

a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

This is demonstrably false.

You say this as the left tries to influence the likes of Mastercard to economically deplatform conservative groups and individuals.

Keep cheering on fascism.

I patiently await your source that Mastercard has refused service from someone simply for being conservative.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

You’re lying

You're so precious. Keep fighting the good fight, on ATS - where they are sending data back to facebook via it's API.

Conservatives are being targeted, yet here you are, on a site, consuming facebook's services. Ya know, the same site that 'targets' conservatives?

This site leans way right, yet....look, **gasp** oauth from your enemy!

Why you still here bro?

Can't make this # up.
edit on 3-5-2019 by AScrubWhoDied because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So a privately owned business has no right to run its business how it wants to, according to you at least. How about my house,my private home, should you get to decide how I run my household too?

edit on 3-5-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   
“Conservative speech is hate speech”

What a moronic standpoint

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Nah hate speech is hate speech.

You identify with that? Deal with it.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Nah hate speech is hate speech.

You identify with that? Deal with it.

“Deal with it”, yeah ok. Not sure what that means.

Can a conservative decide if something is “hate”?? Or is up to leftist fascists to decide?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Yes absolutely that's moronic, but that's not what's going on here.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I’d really like to think you were right.
A lot of people think that’s exactly what’s going on though.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 02:30 AM
link   

I’d really like to think you were right.
A lot of people think that’s exactly what’s going on though.

Facebook is banning hate speech ,at least what they consider hate speech and the people that are being banned are not exclusively conservative, some are lefties.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   

You’re lying

You're so precious. Keep fighting the good fight, on ATS - where they are sending data back to facebook via it's API.

Conservatives are being targeted, yet here you are, on a site, consuming facebook's services. Ya know, the same site that 'targets' conservatives?

This site leans way right, yet....look, **gasp** oauth from your enemy!

Why you still here bro?

Can't make this # up.

You said 'oauth" so about 80% of the people are now lost in the technology Parc del Laberint. Oh nooooo

But yeah for sure, mostly nobody gets how deep they are in the mud so whatever

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   

the people that are being banned are not exclusively conservative, some are lefties.

Funny the way I looked at what you wrote.

Funny the way I've seen the way the Progressive Movement taking shape.

The 'truth' has been stated multiple time in this thread: This (censorship) is what fascists do. What do all of the banned personalities have in common? They're able to lock down their narratives. No one can knock the speaker of a narrative off-track. They always come back and re-spout whatever it was they were talking about to begin with. It's an individual's choice to listen (or not).

I'm wondering who 'they' will go after next once the echoes of the voices they've silenced fade.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

Seriously all you said applies to the morons on both sides! How can you not see that man? Really!

No one can knock the speaker of a narrative off-track. They always come back and re-spout whatever it was they were talking about to begin with. It's an individual's choice to listen (or not).

I'm wondering who 'they' will go after next once the echoes of the voices they've silenced fade.

On this thread, very honestly, can you tell us who's on the right and who's on the left, once the entire premise of the thread turned out to be dog waste?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, working with sharp minds, can we attempt to figure out if the left or the right has the correct world view, and after seeing both of them equally turning into doggy misuse, can we just drop them both and figure out a better world?

Can we lean to one way or another with respect or should we just spit before we try to understand other person's opinion and talk to them like normal adult humans? Are you happy yet to be played like an 80's Play Mobile set?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   

What you consider to be truth i see as bias, perhaps your perception leans so far to one side you are blind to it .

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   

What you consider to be truth i see as bias, perhaps your perception leans so far to one side you are blind to it .

Step back and just (simply) look at the dialog which has passed between the two of us. Who is accusing who? Who started accusing?

Fascists censor. It's what they do. Are you denying this?

Did you take the time to listen to one of the guys who was banned? Hint: A video is posted to page two of this thread. That guy (who's a Lot smarter than me) says this whole thing is political. He's a LOT smarter than me. He's probably right.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   

You’re lying

That's the main crux here. These morons actually believe anything beyond their thinking is "hate". This is brought on by our awesome extreme lefty educators in America. They have been teaching this # to children. The kids are growing up now and they are following the BS in great numbers.
edit on 3-5-2019 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   

I have no doubt the guy that was banned feels he was wronged, no different to a drunk being kicked out of the pub for being to drunk feels he was wronged, or all those innocent criminals in jail for that matter.

No I didn't listen to the crybaby Bull#, I have better things to do than listen to adult children complaining about their lot in life, I have my own problems to deal with.

As far as your claim of accusation goes I'm not following, perhaps you could explain or show us why you feel that an accusation has been made.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join