It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebooks censorship purge

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
www.cnn.com...

New York (CNN Business)Facebook announced Thursday afternoon that it had designated some high-profile people, including Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, who's notorious for using anti-Semitic language, and right-wing conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, as "dangerous" and said it will be purging them from its platforms.

Jones and his media outlet InfoWars had previously been banned from Facebook (FB) in August 2018, but had maintained a presence on Instagram, which is owned by Facebook. On Thursday, Jones and InfoWars will be barred from Instagram as well.

Other people banned on Thursday included Paul Nehlen, an anti-Semite who unsuccessfully ran for Congress in 2016 and 2018, and fringe right-wing media personalities Laura Loomer, Milo Yiannopoulos and Paul Joseph Watson.

"We've always banned individuals or organizations that promote or engage in violence and hate, regardless of ideology," a Facebook spokesperson said in a statement provided to CNN Business. "The process for evaluating potential violators is extensive and it is what led us to our decision to remove these accounts today."

Bold is mine.

So Facebook gets to decide what is violent and hateful.

Not us.

Facebook has become Big Brother.

They are no different from the owner of any social forum. The people have no power.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Zuckerbot.fascism.engage();
[

If conservative=true;
banHammer.h)

]

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
What America needs is a Minister of Truth to sanction all news outlets and social media. This free speech nonsense needs to stop. Capitalism and free enterprise media needs to be controlled for the good of the people.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

They’ve been playing the long game for control of education.

They have control of the media outlets .

They have established a internal threat.

Created a enforcement arm.

They set up a internal surveillance operation . ( that’s being tore down as we speak )

Attack people that oppose you

Target political opponents

Opposition equals treason

All they need now are reeducation camps

And suspension of the constitution

Those steps are straight out of the fascist playbook

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Paul Joseph Watson just got Banned from Facebook and Instagram . Like that is Supposed to Impress People ? Eff Them !

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Yep.

PJW is one of the good guys.

This is only the beginning. The excuse of "it's a private corporation" from leftists is laughable as the social media giants are enormous information filters that are literally controlling political discourse.

And they call themselves antifascist..lol

What was it that Mussolini said about the merger of corporate and state power? Hmm...

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
]

originally posted by: DBCowboy
www.cnn.com...

New York (CNN Business)Facebook announced Thursday afternoon that it had designated some high-profile people, including Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, who's notorious for using anti-Semitic language, and right-wing conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, as "dangerous" and said it will be purging them from its platforms.

Jones and his media outlet InfoWars had previously been banned from Facebook (FB) in August 2018, but had maintained a presence on Instagram, which is owned by Facebook. On Thursday, Jones and InfoWars will be barred from Instagram as well.

Other people banned on Thursday included Paul Nehlen, an anti-Semite who unsuccessfully ran for Congress in 2016 and 2018, and fringe right-wing media personalities Laura Loomer, Milo Yiannopoulos and Paul Joseph Watson.

"We've always banned individuals or organizations that promote or engage in violence and hate, regardless of ideology," a Facebook spokesperson said in a statement provided to CNN Business. "The process for evaluating potential violators is extensive and it is what led us to our decision to remove these accounts today."

Bold is mine.

So Facebook gets to decide what is violent and hateful.

Not us.

Facebook has become Big Brother.

Ya, it's their platform, like it or not, so..you know the rest..right, wrong or indifferent.

Do you want the government to tell them what to do?

So Facebook gets to decide what is violent and hateful. Not us.

But you do, by using or not using it..if you don't like their platform, don't use it..I have made that decision!

edit on 2-5-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Fingers in ears
Eyes tightly closed
“La la la la I don’t ever want to see or hear opposing viewpoints”

Moronic

“Right wing” absolutely does NOT mean “bad” or “hateful” but according to the low iq masses, anything remotely right of extreme-far-left, is hateful.

No wonder EVERY leftist government and political party on the entire planet is plummeting.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

fb is really going to be a thing of the past
the chinese co. tenent will dominate the world

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
How many of you that love to hate facebook will stop using ats?

You people that feel entitled to use someone else's platform amuse me.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Facebook is not government-run, ergo Facebook can micromanage their users for all I care and it;s not legit impingement of free speech as the Constitution lays it out. The thing people refuse to understand is that THAT only applies to the government not being able to silence people legally, not private businesses.

For example, I can start a social media site and run it in exactly the same manner. I could ban every group & mention of every group on the SPLC's list, it's my prerogative. Nyiah's Denizens dot com would be well within its legal rights as the operating business. You, as the patron, would have no room to argue because you agreed to the Terms and Conditions upon sign-up.

Sorry DB, but that's just how it works. The thing is, we've already had the "What The Right To Free Speech Actually Is" discussion on here umpteen times in umpteen threads, and you've participated in those threads umpteen times. It's not that you don't understand the legal confines as laid out BY the Constitution, it's that you refuse to.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

He doesn't even live with her anymore but I politely declined his invite to stay there for his daughters graduation. I have little to no contact with him (before and after this happened as I left the frozen tundra long ago.) I always say whatever I want and everyone who knows me knows better that to talk politics with me as I easily destroy their illusions of whichever branch of the war party they are bw by.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

They're just agents of leftist power in the US.

Fascism played out before our eyes being defended by people who accuse those being targeted of being fascists.

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.
edit on 3 5 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Fascism played out before our eyes being defended by people who accuse those being targeted of being fascists.

Believe what you will, but it still says nowhere in the Constitution that Business A HAS to allow a speech free-for-all or else.
Nowhere.
That is not what that amendment is for, period. It is to ensure that Business A or Person C cannot be hulksmashed a la the Chinese disappearing act style by the government for speaking in the first place.
edit on 5/3/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
How many of you that love to hate facebook will stop using ats?

You people that feel entitled to use someone else's platform amuse me.

LMFAO, of course, how could money come through otherwise

I don't even understand why some people here think they are part of some kind of untouchable group, when mostly all of them are the most gullible of all out there in the internet

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

You're not required to use it so basically you lie to yourself with this point

Any company including ATS does the same, you just don't know it yet but it's clear. If this is a leftist thing, but Trump is in power, how can it happen at all if he has any actual power?

Happening in his face and nothing he can do about it? Why don't you ask him why he hasn't stopped it yet

Partisan excuses are the worst when you can't figure out reality for what it is. Facebook sucks yeah, demand for it to be fixed with your party, not just blame the other one and sit down waiting for likes

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   

So they get to influence opinion for millions of people on their platforms, stacking the decks against one side in a propaganda war, all while stealing our data and selling it to anyone who will pay for it, is totally cool because you are using their platform, yes?

You understand that this is fascism right?

Why do you support fascism?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:31 AM
link   

So they get to influence opinion for millions of people on their platforms, stacking the decks against one side in a propaganda war, all while stealing our data and selling it to anyone who will pay for it, is totally cool because you are using their platform, yes?

You understand that this is fascism right?

Why do you support fascism?

Oh for Christ's sake.

You know how to solve the problem you think you see? DON'T USE THE PRODUCT. I don't have a Fakebook account, this is not hard to do without.

Secondly, that's what ATS does --influence CT views versus mainstream views. That fascism, too? Want to try rewording that?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Malisa

ATS does not censor opinion based on political bias. ATS has some flaws, but they moderate pretty fairly and have been throughout this particularly dark time in free speech on the internet.

The targeting of conservatives for deplatforming is and should be concerning when it is tied to efforts from government officials through corporate/political backchannels.

Corporations have entirely too much power. Enough that they can effectively nullify a right that is much more than a law written on paper. It is the basis for who we are as Americans.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   

DON'T USE THE PRODUCT. I don't have a Fakebook account, this is not hard to do without.

I do not have a facebook account either.

I don't think you understand the problem at all.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join