It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebooks censorship purge

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

a reply to: Fallingdown

They're turning social media platforms into an echo chamber, which may sound nice, but once they step away from their keyboards they might be in for an unpleasant surprise.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

How did Donald Trump win? I don't know one single person who voted for him!

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

We are living in the look at me generation, sponsored by years and years of leftist control of social and academical programming.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Liquesence

Lie.

ATS has a ban on some words.

But I have never seen a post / quote of Farrakhan banned.

Try again.

You said

what is violent and hateful

ATS has conditions against violent or hateful content. Period.

Try again.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

They're turning social media platforms into an echo chamber

Like this?

You rail against others, but are ok with that which gives you your own platform as an echo chamber?

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   
So, instead of spineless Liberals running popular social media sites, which ban conservative content, why don't conservatives launch their own social media platform?

Oh blimey, lookie here:

Moving from the overwhelmingly liberal techie capital in California – where Google, Apple and Facebook have a stranglehold on politics – to a more conservative venue in Texas, USA.Life Founder and CEO Steven Andrew wanted to get out of the stifling atmosphere that smothers and silences those who are “right-“ minded – and he started his new network to do the same for other conservatives who want to enjoy an unrestricted social media presence, as well.

It was also recently announced that Life.USA is also working on an alternative to Google, which also does a painstaking job of silencing and shutting down those with conservative viewpoints through its search engine algorithms. 1776Free.com is the name of Andrew’s new search engine – an option for those who are tired of Google leading them to liberal sources while filtering out conservative ones. Andrew claims that “America’s new search engine” – as he calls it – will give users superior results than what Google provides during searches … primarily because it is devoid of liberal bias.

onenewsnow.com...

Link to USA.Life

link   

Actually, I'm defending people I don't agree with.

But call it whatever you want.

link   
a reply to: CrazyFox

I feel your Pain Man . Your # in Law Needs a Serious Attitude Adjustment then . He /She/ It Needs to be Reminded of Americans Constitutional Rights or have He/She/ or It's Ahass Ignored from Now On . To Thy Own Self Be True , Ignore Everyone Else . Word to the Wise ..........)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

" Actually, I'm defending people I don't agree with. "

You should Take Up Law then Bill . I would Hire you in a Heartbeat the Next time I am Pulled Over by my Local Yokel Cops on a BS Charge .........)
edit on 2-5-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Actually, I'm defending people I don't agree with.

But call it whatever you want.

You usually do, yes, and that is commendable. You stand up for speech.

But your premise was a private organization exercising its right, singling out Facebook while being on ATS which also does the same, without criticizing it.

Why is one worse than the other?

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

If I said #### on ATS and they banned me, yet you said #### on ATS and they allowed it, then ATS would be Facebook.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

63 Million People Voted for Donald J. Trump in 2016 . It's a FACT in Canada by the way ....)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

ATS Warnings Have No Teeth . Kinda Like my Late Grandpa when he Threatened My Grandma when She Didn't Agree with his " Tall Tales " ......)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Please post link and how they define it please.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Right now they might be out over their skis . Facebook is a public entity now and enjoy the protection of immunity .

But they’ve started editing content which could change their status and cause them to asume liability for what is posted .

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

Well, as you can see on this forum, on this site, people are actually supporting Facebook's decision.

So even on a conspiracy site, people are rooting for the leftist Big Brother.

*shrugs*

"Alas Babylon"

It all had to end sometime.

~shrug~

Hope they know that it ends them too later down the road, but since they are showing they can't think ahead about this then they too get what they deserve.

Progressives first took over the education system so we would have generations of people who didn't learn from actual history.

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.

Martin Niemöller

Again, let's see where it goes... in this particular part of American history I am... somewhat optimistic.

edit on 2-5-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

www.cnn.com...
Bold is mine.

So Facebook gets to decide what is violent and hateful.

Not us.

Yes, exactly right. They do get to decide.

I am all for freedom of speech and for our constitutional rights. I also believe that since the government does NOT have the right to regulate what private companies do, it is up to those private companies to regulate themselves and any venue open to public discourse that they may provide. It is their right and their duty.

But here's the kicker. The reason this works is because you have a choice of doing business with that private company or not, and if you choose not to it will make very minimal, if any impact on your life, in the grand scheme of things. On the other hand, you can't ignore an oppressive government, it controls every aspect of your life whether you agree with that notion or not.

You don't like a company, don't use their product. You think you can do better? It's a free market, go out and do it.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

It would be nice if it was consistent. I agree that banning some and not banning others for the same behavior is hypocritical.

However if we hold our right to associate with who we wish as a right. Then we must respect facebooks right to associate with whoever they wish and not associate with whoever they wish. Even if we do not agree.

And if you disagree with facebook it's your right to use another platform as well. If Alex Jones was smart he'd move onto a blockchain platform such as Steemit where your posts on the blockchain are "immutable".

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Plenty of evidence of Antifa being violent yet, there they are all over facebook.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
Plenty of evidence of Antifa being violent yet, there they are all over facebook.

Apparently it's okay to be hypocritical and to defend hypocritical companies because words or something.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join