It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebooks censorship purge

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Just like with this website you agree to Terms & Conditions when you join. If you break whatever T&C the website sets forth you can be banned.

Facebook has Community Standards. www.facebook.com...

Here are the standards for Hate Speech. www.facebook.com...

So yes, on their website, they get to decide. Just like this website decides certain things and regularly bans people. And every other business in this country has the freedom to decide what goes on in their store or website.
edit on 2-5-2019 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Wait what? They will ban muslim? That's pretty good to hear considering how high they elevated them. To the point that FB will be probably called islamophobic for such move. Well you gotta eat what you cooked.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
At least they threw us a bone when they added Farrakhan .

But this crap is out of hand.

The one that sticks in my crawl the most was when they banned the proud boys for violence .

The proud boys were founded in 2016. But didn’t get involved in violence till mid 2017 . The reason they did was because the cops weren’t going to do anything to stop ANTIFA. Somebody had to .

Facebook claim their decision was on hateful rhetoric .

ANTIFA has been rioting,beating people up, breaking # and burning things since 2016 . Go to their page today and you’ll read and see violent, hateful, images and text. But it’s all over looked.

It’s a shame conservatives won’t organize or we might be able to do something about them.

The proud boys bad reputation is mostly do to the Joseph Goebbels style tactics of the Southern poverty Law Center .

I hope Gavin McInnes and Center for immigration studies bankrupt them.

Maybe they’ll turn the ashes over to Alex Jones ? That would teach them . Lol

edit on 2-5-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

So their arbitrary banning of some people and not others who espouse violence is okay with you.

Fair enough.

I guess the overall consensus is that Facebook should be allowed to ban whomever they want with whatever made up reasons they want.

*shrugs*

It's just a good thing that THIS SITE allows me to voice my suspicion about the dichotomy of this move.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Don't know DBC...

I disagree w censorship in general...but understand "freedoms"...and how not all membership can see, say, view, do...what and how they want we're they live...

Cya DB...

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Facebook doesn't see Antifa or ISIS as hateful or violent.

So According to many here, it's cool.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

The Dude that Runs that Show is an Evil Alien . Everybody Knows that but still...............
edit on 2-5-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: odzeandennz

So you're okay with a private company determining for you what is violent and unworthy of reading.

Ummm. . . 'kay.

Don't get your tighty-whiteys in a snit then when you get censored.

No one is determining what's violent and unworthy.

I. Can find Alex Jones just fine, just not on Facebook anymore.

Facebook isn't silencing Jones or farrakhan, their not letting them use their free services anymore. That's all

It's not ideal.
Between Facebook, Google and Twitter more than half of public opinion on the internet can be controlled. If those three companies (potentially all cia owned) agree on a censorship platform, we the little people have lost control of the narrative.
The other half was lost when the "free press" was bought at market price and allowed to be controlled for private corporations.

I agree that these companies are allowed to do what they want, but there's a line in the sand somewhere.
When a company comes up to compete with, say, Twitter- on the grounds that they don't censor (or use censorship differently)
Google and Twitter can step in and make it so most people who might be interested in that new platform never hear of it.
ISPs can be easily involved. It won't be long before entire DNS severs start delaying replies entirely for records owned by companies with different political views.
The outcome is an internet entirely owned ava operated by private corporations, just like American TV.

Freedom of speech is for people, not corporations.

Corporations interested in controlling the narrative shouldn't be controlling the biggest source of the people's voice ever conceived by humanity.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
ps...I dont use Fakebook, Instacrap, Snap-crap or Tweaker...so it doesn't bother me what or if any of them censor or not, nor how much

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

If you Come in my House , You Can Say Anything you Want . Even Diss my Ahass if you Want to . Know Why ? It's STILL a Free Country . Don't let these A Holes Eff that Up OK People ? KEEP What You Got ! FREEDOM ![/quote

Well your house is more welcoming than my brothers. After my # in law goaded me into discussing politics he threatend to kick me out for calling the demonrats corrupt, he had no problem when I was talking about how terrible the reprickigans were but when I started pointing out the corruption of both sides he got pissy. This was after he invited me to stay there while I was up for my grandma's funeral.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

They have the right to ban anyone for any reason. It's their business and they have the freedom to run that business any way they choose.

In the same way that the bakers refused to bake a wedding cake for a gay wedding. That is their right to make that decision. No one should force them to do something that they do not agree with.

Now if that business dies because of that decision. That's on them.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Facebook announced that it had designated some people as "dangerous"

Deplorable and Dangerous ....

edit on 2-5-2019 by Infoshill because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

They have the right to ban anyone for any reason. It's their business and they have the freedom to run that business any way they choose.

In the same way that the bakers refused to bake a wedding cake for a gay wedding. That is their right to make that decision. No one should force them to do something that they do not agree with.

Now if that business dies because of that decision. That's on them.

But you don't see a problem if they ban one group for being violent and allow another group that is violent.

You tacitly accept that they can arbitrarily ban who they want for whatever reason that doesn't even need to be consistent.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Hey Alex , SNL and Val Kilmer just Called , Your Dangerous Man !

P.S. Oh Yeah , and I Wear a Red MAGA Hat ,Any of you Out there Maybe Got a Problem with Dat ? ....Hmm........

edit on 2-5-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Facebook has become Big Brother.

Only if you give them access to your personal information, names of family members and friends, private conversations via their I.M. software, and your exact location.

Other than that what's the problem?

exactly. I deleted my account at bookface a long time ago......we starve them of our data, and they will disappear quickly

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Fallingdown

Facebook doesn't see Antifa or ISIS as hateful or violent.

So According to many here, it's cool.

So basically you are saying what they are doing isn't fair by any measure available.

I agree.

However, the left does not play fair.

History has already established this... and that is how they gain power.

You can't fight them on their own turf... social media and the media in general anymore.

That's why we have a crisis right now... we are at a tipping point in this society.

I have no answer for you on how to fix it but I more than understand your conundrum.

I do think right now for the first time in a long time that at least they are getting exposed for it.

And we will see where that goes.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Well, as you can see on this forum, on this site, people are actually supporting Facebook's decision.

So even on a conspiracy site, people are rooting for the leftist Big Brother.

*shrugs*

"Alas Babylon"

link   

To be honest the way they’re acting is terrifying.

Social media is like crack the more the addicts get the more they want and the Liberals are holding the pipe .

link   

It seems all social media is going this direction... Heck, i was just permanently banned on Twitter (which doesn't bother me) because I asked AOC "please dont take this the wrong way, but are you mentally retarded?"... apparently that was hate speech they told me. I still believe the question was legitimate.. but oh well..
edit on 2-5-2019 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I hope that was sarcasm.

Sheldon?
Yes. It was sarcasm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join