It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Bread is Back Thanks to Trump

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Probably this stuff with brown colored fat/salt liquid glop on top that they call gravy.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: wdkirk

Ever Notice Everything in Heaven is White ? ....Hmm.......

No actually, I have not noticed. Its been awhile, something like right before birth, and for some reason I cannot remember any of it. How does it look nowadays?? I sure hope its not all white, so boring.

I would like to see some brights like orange and yellow maybe a shade of red, and it should be warm.
Hmm... that sounds familiar ...

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ya, that is insane, I'm glad we are more free here in Canada.

Is this some kind of national/federal policy?
edit on 4-5-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Not the lunch checks.

There are some places that decided not to allow kids to bring their own lunch, like some districts in Chicago, and there were stories in the press about some schools who would check lunches brought from home to see if they complied and reject them if they didn't.

That part is not federal.

The federal part was a series of rules that strictly regulated what could be fed or not and the amounts in terms of calories.

The reasons given were to reduce childhood obesity and promote healthy eating.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The federal part was a series of rules that strictly regulated what could be fed or not and the amounts in terms of calories. The reasons given were to reduce childhood obesity and promote healthy eating.

On the surface it doesn't sound like a terrible idea.

As for not being able to send a lunch to some schools, that is a bad policy to me..even if it's well meaning.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

The problem I had with it is the implementation.

First Ladies in the US traditionally take up a cause, and this was Michelle Obama's cause. Generally speaking though, they are advocates, not policy makers because they are not on any ballot and no one gets to vote for them in any real way. However, in the tradition of Hillary Clinton who stepped out of advocacy and attempted to move into making policy when she took on health care by championing a legal policy that quickly became called Hillary Care, Michelle also worked with policy.

Her cause was the childhood obesity epidemic. She championed the idea of Let's Move, and then moved on to school lunches. But instead of simply campaigning for healthier foods and better food choices, she worked to create regulations that have the force of law.

Remember, no one elected her in any capacity.

Now, I don't have an issue with her cause. Too many kids are taught poor dietary habits in their homes. What I took issue with is the regulatory blanket approach when no one asked her or voted for her, and the calorie restrictions. Young kids are growing and developing. Generally, if they're getting the right level of activity and eating healthy food, they don't need calorie restrictions as if on a diet except in special cases, but all kids, across the board, had calorie restrictions imposed on them through these regulations.

So someone like my own son, who is extremely active -- plays outside often and competitive in tae kwon do --, is being fed on the same restricted calorie diet as young Percy who does nothing except sit in front of his TV munching Cheetos and playing Fortnight all day. My son loses and ends up underfed at school. Percy may not need the extra fuel, but my kid sure does. So I either end up paying for the lunch program through my taxes and then sending him lunch out of my own pocket on top of it, or he ends up underfed now despite the food supposedly being healthy as it's not enough.

No. The real problem is that all too many schools are cutting active PE and cutting free play recess. Kids don't get nearly enough activity in their day between school and a home life in front of their screen. Then mom feeds them some kind of frozen or boxed convenience food.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I'm Also fond of Your Jewish Rye Humor Professor .

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Joe Biden says President Trump is bringing back Jim Crow.

www.cbsnews.com...

I had to look it up. President Trump is not bringing back segregation.

Biden is stupid.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: wdkirk

Ever Notice Everything in Heaven is White ? ....Hmm.......

No actually, I have not noticed. Its been awhile, something like right before birth, and for some reason I cannot remember any of it. How does it look nowadays?? I sure hope its not all white, so boring.

I would like to see some brights like orange and yellow maybe a shade of red, and it should be warm.
Hmm... that sounds familiar ...

No , Last time I Talked to my Deceased Grandma , she said it's Still All White .......

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: odzeandennz

Fruit juice is almost as bad as soda. Sugar is sugar no matter its source. If we're giving kids sugar, they need to have it in whole fruit so they at least are getting the benefits of the fiber which helps moderate the sugar. Not only that, but most fruit juices actually have sugar added to them to make them sweeter.

Though you say 'almost' and 'most' to make an argument that soda is as good as fruit juices, people still agree. Because the internet is bizzaro world

Bring back coal and child obesity from 2013-2015 range.!!

Maga!
Be best.
things is, the poster you quoted isnt wrong. Try doing a search for it sometime, I bet itll shock you what is put in "fruit juice". The truly health juices, the ones made from real fruit, with no additives and no extra sugar (I know sugar is an additive, but we both know someone will comment on it if I dont specifically mention it) cost a but ton more than the schools are willing to pay.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Yes, White Bread how nice but then he's also bringing back poison in your water supply... Heil Trump aye

Mining Waste to be dumped in Waterways

Oh and "getting out of those foreign wars" how's that going

What a truly fantastic man of his word
you must be proud

edit on 5-5-2019 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   

edit on 5-5-2019 by BoscoMoney because: oops

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Kids hate anything they haven't been conditioned to accept. Behavioral change takes time.

But lets give em white bread with bromate.....stuff up their thyroid.

Keep Drs. treating them & MakeBigPharmaGreatAgain for the term of their natural life. Yeah.......

wiki

The use of potassium bromate as an additive to commercial breads and baked goods has been a huge contributor to bromide overload in Western cultures. Bromated flour is "enriched" with potassium bromate. Commercial baking companies claim it makes the dough more elastic and better able to stand up to bread hooks

www.huffpost.com...

Bromines are common endocrine disruptors, and are part of the halide family, a group of elements that includes fluorine, chlorine and iodine. What makes it so dangerous is that it competes for the same receptors that are used to capture iodine.

If you are exposed to a lot of bromine, your body will not hold on to the iodine that it needs. And iodine affects every tissue in your body -- not just your thyroid.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   
What I find curious is for 8 years school students didn't eat bread?

Yeah right. They starved.

When they have their growth spurts they'll eat even the cardboard food containers metaphorically speaking,

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join