It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
1.Cinnamon can prevent mold growth. Scientists have created cinnamon-based packaging that can prevent mold in bread in other baked goods.
2.Labeling terms like “multi-grain,” “rye,” or “7 grain” do not mean that a bread contains whole grains. Take a few extra moments in the bread aisle to look at the ingredient label on the back of the package. The first ingredient should include the word “whole.” A first ingredient that includes the term “enriched” is not the same as a whole grain; instead, the term indicates that some, but not all, of the vitamins were added back into the grain after the refining process.
3. Nearly all the bread clips, those flat, U-shaped pieces of plastic are produced by one family-owned company in Yakima, Washington. The first one was carved from a credit card, the company exports billions a year, and the Kwik Lok Corporation has an almost complete monopoly.
4. Most of the bread marketed in the U.S. as “wheat” is actually white bread dyed brown with caramel food coloring.
5. According to the American Diabetes Association the line between a healthy fasting blood sugar and a pre-diabetic fasting blood sugar is set at 100 mg/dl (pronounced 100 milligrams per deci-liter). A fasting blood sugar of between 100 mg/dl and 125 mg/dl earns a diagnosis of pre-diabetes, and a fasting blood sugar of over 125 mg/dl is diabetic. - proteinpower.com...
6. Hawaiian sweet bread was brought to Hawaii by Portuguese immigrants.
7. The first meal consumed on the moon was bread and wine. Buzz Aldrin brought with him communion bread and wine, along with a small silver chalice, and held communion during a requested radio blackout shortly after landing. (white bread reached the Moon first, now we know.)
8. Ancient Egyptians used mouldy bread as a treatment for infected burn wounds, possibly already utilizing the antibiotic effects of molds accidentally discovered by Alexander Fleming.
9. Before the Eraser was invented people used soft bread crumbs to erase pencil marks.
10. Sliced bread was only invented in 1928 and was referred to as the best thing since bagged bread.
11. Feeding bread to ducks actually causes many health problems for them. (and for humans, it's called wheat belly.)
12. The yeast we use to make bread is an organism floating around in the air we breathe. Anyone can capture it easily.
originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
Actually the white race is going away...
originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Wookiep
How about make your own kids lunch!..a really simple solution..right!