It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Bread is Back Thanks to Trump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Know your bread

Bread www.kickassfacts.com... Frederick Rohwedder invented the first slice-and-wrap bread machine in 1928. He sold his pre-sliced, wrapped bread in a bakery at Battle Creek, Michigan. By 1933 80% of all bread sold in the US was sliced and wrapped and the phrase ‘the best thing since sliced bread’ was coined. Sliced bread was first introduced into the UK in the 1930s.

1.Cinnamon can prevent mold growth. Scientists have created cinnamon-based packaging that can prevent mold in bread in other baked goods.

2.Labeling terms like “multi-grain,” “rye,” or “7 grain” do not mean that a bread contains whole grains. Take a few extra moments in the bread aisle to look at the ingredient label on the back of the package. The first ingredient should include the word “whole.” A first ingredient that includes the term “enriched” is not the same as a whole grain; instead, the term indicates that some, but not all, of the vitamins were added back into the grain after the refining process.

3. Nearly all the bread clips, those flat, U-shaped pieces of plastic are produced by one family-owned company in Yakima, Washington. The first one was carved from a credit card, the company exports billions a year, and the Kwik Lok Corporation has an almost complete monopoly.

4. Most of the bread marketed in the U.S. as “wheat” is actually white bread dyed brown with caramel food coloring.

5. According to the American Diabetes Association the line between a healthy fasting blood sugar and a pre-diabetic fasting blood sugar is set at 100 mg/dl (pronounced 100 milligrams per deci-liter). A fasting blood sugar of between 100 mg/dl and 125 mg/dl earns a diagnosis of pre-diabetes, and a fasting blood sugar of over 125 mg/dl is diabetic. - proteinpower.com...

6. Hawaiian sweet bread was brought to Hawaii by Portuguese immigrants.

7. The first meal consumed on the moon was bread and wine. Buzz Aldrin brought with him communion bread and wine, along with a small silver chalice, and held communion during a requested radio blackout shortly after landing. (white bread reached the Moon first, now we know.)

8. Ancient Egyptians used mouldy bread as a treatment for infected burn wounds, possibly already utilizing the antibiotic effects of molds accidentally discovered by Alexander Fleming.

9. Before the Eraser was invented people used soft bread crumbs to erase pencil marks.

10. Sliced bread was only invented in 1928 and was referred to as the best thing since bagged bread.

11. Feeding bread to ducks actually causes many health problems for them. (and for humans, it's called wheat belly.)

12. The yeast we use to make bread is an organism floating around in the air we breathe. Anyone can capture it easily.

U should read other 365 on link.
edit on 3-5-2019 by Artemis12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Actually the white race is going away...

Don't worry, the white gods the Natives talked about are coming back, will be here in the drop of a hat. And then you won't have to worry your silly little head about white people ever again my favorite angry user.
edit on 3-5-2019 by Artemis12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
this bread I mean thread should go in LOL, not because its lies, but my oh my did I laugh out loud at the need to praise trump with this saving the children policy from the evil Obamma policy

Can I confirm bread means a flour based product, something most of us eat regardless.

The children are safe now thanks to mighty white bread, I will sleep easier

How have you coped during the last few years of being served brown bread, can i set up a gofundme page to raise money for anybody whose life was devastated by brown bread.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

The most evil thing about the Obama policy was the calorie restrictions.

Children are growing and developing, and while obese children can sometimes need dietary intervention in the form of calorie restrictions, that should be done under the close supervision of parents, doctors and dietitians, not the blanket tyranny of a school lunch program. Most children will not need that form of intervention.

What was really needed was truly healthy food and a super dose of active living (you know recess with free play and highly active gym class -- two things more and more schools are cutting from their programs).

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

lol,lmao

'The most evil thing about the Obama policy was the calorie restrictions', evil I mean come on, free meals = evil, parents can always feed their cherubs at home after school or did Obama restrict that.

'blanket tyranny of school lunch program', this has some of you really wound up, never heard such strong words strung together in a sentence for bread

We will have to agree to disagree, I have no issue with schools providing free meals, the child is not forced to eat anyhting they do not want, or that is how it is in the UK, a meal is provided free of charge and the child has a free choice to eat it or leave it, the meals will have to be provided by the school/state and obviously have to be funded by the taxpayer, I mean we could feed them caviar if we paid more taxes.

Anyway I want to thank trump for my toast this morning as the headline is 'white bread is back thanks to trump', dam thats going to make me giggle all day long and maybe even into the night.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

No it's the fact that people are celebrating this as a win. Disagree with Michelle's program all you want, but celebrating failure and the return of less healthy food simply b/c you think it's a win for trump is idiocracy.

BTW.. The gov. Isnt forcing the kids to eat those lunches. You could still bring your own lunch. Many poor kids rely on free school subsidized lunches. What benifit is it to celebrate the return of less healthy school lunches.

Public schools aren't private and therefore are greatly affected by the government. Saying that the government has no say in public school lunches is just nonsense. Send your kid to private school if you hate gov. Influence.

Secondly, regulations are there for a reason. From my understanding, michelle obama was trying to create a regulation to prevent schools from buying cheap crappy food that isn't healthy. People disagreed with how michelle's program worked with alot of concerns coming from kids not eating the food.

Instead of proposing a solution into solving that issue, the program is teared down and replaced with nothing. Then people like OP cheer because it's a win for trump and loss for obama in their eyes.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

kids hate brown bread so it was a waste of money.

Giving them the wrong brown bread then , softgrain wholemeal bread is far tastier than white bread.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Trueman

kids hate brown bread so it was a waste of money.

Giving them the wrong brown bread then , softgrain wholemeal bread is far tastier than white bread.

Who told you that?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Ahh i agree then. Smoothies can be very healthy if they are the fresh veggie / fruit ones. Although id never expect schools to serve those.

Remembering back on my school days ----- pizza, chips, bosco sticks, sloopy joes, sugary fruit drinks / soda, bologna cheese sandwiches, spagetti ..

Im thinking if you just remove that stuff and replace it with heathier stuff it might do good. The way of using "whole grains" and obama's other strategies might not have been good. I just disagree with people who cheer on less healthy schools b/c its got obamas name.

I don't think it's about calorie restriction, adding a fruit, or putting a whole grain in there in terms of solutions. A veggie and protein is all that's needed really.

It's our society's reliance on these crappy foods that should be curbed and it definitely starts with the kids. No one can stop parents from giving their kids bad diet, but they can at least try to reinforce health in school. Obama, trump, government or local government. It doesn't matter to me.

What is annoying are these anti-solution win-at-all costs pro-trumpers.. I was against the hardcore zealot obama supporters too.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie2018

More wasn't built in a day.
Link, su re

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Considering a growing body does not need calorie restrictions as if it's obese, but they put all the kids on a calorie restriction?

Yeah, that's evil.

Most teens need at least 2,000 calories/day *if* they're sedentary because their bodies are growing and developing and run a high metabolism. If you are looking at kids who are possibly not getting fed at home to kids who are sometimes very active (athletes), you cannot impose 850 across the board and consider it satisfactory. Some kids will be fine and others will need more.

You don't know which ones are being fed right at home and which ones are eating breakfast and which ones are needing more than the so-called standard 2,000. But hey, you can be sure they're getting cut off at the knees on the one meal they could count on.

Not only that, but there were studies that show no link between junk in schools and obesity. In other words, fat kids are fat because they learn bad habits and food preferences at home, not because they learned it at school. Presence or absence of bad food has little to do with whether or not they become little porkers. It has everything to do with what mom and dad feed them.
edit on 3-5-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Basically, the best bet is to let schools do it local and create their own in-house program with food made on-site.

The small private school we sent our son to for two years did this. They made a lot of the typical lunchroom staples, but the versions made were real-food in the sense they were cooked right there with non-processed, whole ingredients rather than mass-produced frozen versions loaded with carbs and chemical filler.

We've been considering another private school after two years of public, and it's lunch program is the same.

We cook most of our meals at home too, so it's what he's used to eating. We don't use convenience food very much if at all.

Then you need to have a robust physical education program coupled with plenty of recess for the physical activity. Between the two, you'd maybe see some improvement in kids' weight and health. But even so, you aren't going to counteract the influence of a mom who relies on frozen convenience meals and box suppers.

And it was never that I disagreed with the aim of what Obama was trying to do, I disagreed with the blanket implementation and method. You catch more flies with honey.
edit on 3-5-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

How about make your own kids lunch!..a really simple solution..right!

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

How about make your own kids lunch!..a really simple solution..right!

It is until you have the places where they go through the sack lunch and decide if what you pack is acceptable or not, and some places just decide not to allow lunch from home period because some moms don't pack healthy lunches. So because little Bobby's mother packs him five sacks of Doritos, you can't pack your kid a ham and cheese on rye with an apple and some mixed cut veggies and maybe a cheese stick because the school has just decided it's better for all the kids to have their in-house processed crap.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

WTF is This ? Rye Humor ? You Da Mon ketsuko ................

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

What? You don't remember those stories about places with the lunch police?

There are schools in the Chicago public school system that don't allow lunch from home, and there was at least one instance where a mom packed an otherwise healthy lunch for her daughter that was checked and confiscated because she didn't pack a serving of a vegetable. Her reason was that she knew her daughter wouldn't eat it if packed, so she saved the vegetables for supper where she could oversea them and make sure they were eaten.

But it wasn't enough for the school who took away the sack lunch and gave her daughter what all the other kids were eating -- the processed convenience meal of the day.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Perfect.
No more Democrat mind control food.

TIL whole grains are a Democrat plot at mind control.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Did " Big Mike " have Anything to do about that 3 Years ago ? ...) ....Hmm.....

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   

" the processed convenience meal of the day. "

Hmm... Could it be Saulsbury Steak Horse Meat maybe ?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I'm fond of Jewish Rye... My wife makes my kids lunches, so it doesn't really bother me. If parents cared so much they would do the same, but ya... Obama in his "we will force people to eat as we think they should eat" ideal is off. Well unless you are a person thinking about universal healthcare and then it is a world of total control to force people to live as the establishment thinks they should live in every way including your bread. Not something I want...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join