It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Bread is Back Thanks to Trump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It still is. It always was.
Every parent has the option of making their childs lunch.
My youngest got an italian sub a piece of fruit and a snapple from 711 every morning when I drove him to middle school.
He liked those lunchables when he was in elementary school.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   
This thread is sad.

White bread is bad - Mmkay?
Brown bread is bad - Mmkay?
Enriched vitamins bread is bad - Mmkay?

This is not a black or white debate, its about health - research - Leaky Gut Syndrome.

All wheat is bad, and Monsanto has made it worse.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Wisdom from a black co worker many years ago who would eat a whole loaf of white bread every day right out of the bag while she worked.

"It makes your butt bigger"

Just throwing that out there because it's something you can't forget.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Oh my how awful.
I always got school lunches and we had two or three choices every day.
The worst was that Chow Mein out of a can over over cooked white rice. Oh yum... not

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

That post actually made me sad.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Wisdom from a black co worker many years ago who would eat a whole loaf of white bread every day right out of the bag while she worked.

"It makes your butt bigger"

Just throwing that out there because it's something you can't forget.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!

White bread is just carbs, it's converted to sugar when consumed, sugar in abundance makes people dumb, as is evidenced in this thread.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

here here... that swirl is made with cocoa added to the dough.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

sucks doesnt it?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Actually the white race is going away...
And most people on the planet are a version of tan or brown.
And the trend is increasing.
www.brookings.edu...

The largest ethnic group on the planet is Chinese.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Ever try that Daves Killer twelve grain with seeds? Toasted it's a great treat.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So she was right... It makes your butt bigger.
Its true.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Which is a shame. Unlike Democrats where diversity means non white, I cherish actual diversity, and the idea of white people, black people, or brown people disappearing brings me sorrow.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Studies show the importance is not in what you put in your body, but in how you think of that in which you put in your body...
I always said but boogers make me strong mama, turns out German Scientists proved they strengthen the immune system.
If you believe white bread makes ya but bigger then it will, statistics in various psychological studies on placebo/nocebo and self fulfilling prophecies show upwards of 80% probability, that it's how you think that shapes your future, literally!!

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks

Studies show the importance is not in what you put in your body, but in how you think of that in which you put in your body...
I always said but boogers make me strong mama, turns out German Scientists proved they strengthen the immune system.
If you believe white bread makes ya but bigger then it will, statistics in various psychological studies on placebo/nocebo and self fulfilling prophecies show upwards of 80% probability, that it's how you think that shapes your future, literally!!

Please provide a link - " I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky"

Hang on, nothings happening?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks

Although irrelevant to this thread I like your way of thinking because yes to a point that's accurate. The placebo nocebo factors in all decisions we make, however with these things deep down we know what is fundamentally right and wrong so I guess we are our own worst enemy.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie2018

Sugar does makes your butt big, you need a link for that?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Jamie2018

Sugar does makes your butt big, you need a link for that?

YES

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

If you are talking about dieting and losing weight which was one of the main selling points of Michelle Obama's rules -- our kids are too fat, so we need to impose healthy choices and calorie restrictions on them at school -- then yes, sugar is sugar. One of the most successful ways to drop weight is to cut out sugars and processed carbs. That does mean cutting all forms of sugar except what you get in whole fruit and even limiting that if necessary, especially at the beginning.

A lot of people are addicted to sugar, no matter what kind we're talking about, and the blood sugar spike that a sugar causes is detrimental to appetite control. So if the aim was to curb the obesity epidemic, putting fruit juices into the schools was counterproductive. Kids should have been drinking water or whole milk or non-dairy substitutes with no added sugar, and not fruit juice. The sugar from fruit should have come from whole fruits.

After all, there is no reason to add whole grains unless you're worried about the blood sugar spike caused by the unrefined stuff which causes the spike in appetite. If you're serious about losing weight, even the whole grain stuff can be a bad bet.

So I guess we're left with what the stated goal of the Obama rules were. I thought they were aimed at curbing obesity through healthy food and calorie restrictions.

**EDIT**

The other problem with any sugar, no matter what kind we're talking about from refined to honey to natural sugars from fruit, is that it's basically empty calories. The only thing it can provide is energy. There is no nutritional value to it, which is why it should be offered in a natural, whole food form like the whole fruit it came in instead of the juiced form which is closer to a refined form.
edit on 3-5-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Isn't the whole premise of the school food program actually having children eat something?

Healthy food would be the best approach. If anyone reads the op it shows that the kids are actually not eating the food and the amount of wastage is increasing. Is this what should be continued. How is that helping children with having something to eat?

Anyone who has kids that don't like certain foods knows that they coax and prod their children to eat the food. Who is going to be doing this in the 30 mins that kids get to eat their lunch? Again, more food not eaten and thrown away.

The way this is being talked about, you must be assuming that the only choice the kids will be getting is white bread..and maybe some water to go with it. Sounds like what prison used to joke about...bread and water for you...says the food nazi.

Wouldn't it be better to have the kids actually eat something and not go hungry because they don't like the food? Force feed them healthy foods - this should go over well?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Ever try that Daves Killer twelve grain with seeds? Toasted it's a great treat.

No, I haven't. We're lucky enough that we have Farm to Market operating in our city. We usually get Grains Galore or sometimes the 8 Grain. And when they say it's loaded with those seeds, it is. The bread crunches with every bite, but it's good. I think they've changed the formula to put pumpkin seeds in there too on occasion.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join