It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Bread is Back Thanks to Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 2 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Yeah, the white bread is back to school thanks to Trump. Face it, kids hate brown bread so it was a waste of money. Regardless that, I love to see every single dumb thing Obama did dismantled.

After complaints of gritty macaroni and cardboard pizza crusts, the Trump administration rolled back a rule that required foods like pasta and bread be made with whole grains. The cafeteria directors who lobbied for the change say they just want greater flexibility to serve foods like white bread — which are more processed and have less fiber — when whole grains don’t work.

Sorry Michelle but.....

...operators said the rule was unrealistic, and that many students are used to the refined grains they eat at home. They said costs were higher, cooking was more difficult and that students were throwing away more food.

www.pbs.org...

+1 more 
posted on May, 2 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

About Damn time kids are able to keep their choices if they like their choices !! 😎😄

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

My White Bread Only Turns Dark If I Choose to Toast it . Enough ! .............)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Racist bread

White Flour!!!

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

#WhiteBreadMatters!

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

Ever Notice Everything in Heaven is White ? ....Hmm.......

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Perfect.
No more Democrat mind control food.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

It should be up to parents not government.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

It should be up to parents not government.

True, but we're talking school lunches served by schools here, not Mommy packing your lunch. When I went to school if it was Tuesday and they served Wiener Winks (one piece of white bread folded over a hot dog and secured with a toothpick), that's what you got. When you get a school lunch served by the school, you're already letting the government decide. That's why this is important. It is at least getting the Federal government out of the business of dictating school lunch menus to all the school districts in the country. It's a step in the right direction away from Federal control.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

only in your world I guess.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

White bread is oppressive to BOC. Breads of color.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

only in your world I guess.

Yeah , Only If you BELIEVE In Christmas I Guess ,,,,,,)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I would like to see equal footing for the Rye Bread Foundation (Swirled Rye as well) as well as the United Pumpernickel Awareness Group. The Sourdough Conglomerate would like to make a motion to remain on the breakfast menu. The Stone Ground Wheat Committee will be filing suit against all groups as they are not certified organic.
edit on 2-5-2019 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

More fascism from the vile racist nazi trickster

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Ummm. . . . .

So all bread matters?

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Ummm. . . . .

So all bread matters?

No, just white bread....really. Naughty Naughty. We only pretend to care in order to make everyone think all bread matters. oooooooooooooo....gut shot.

The above is for satirical reasons only and should not be construed as bread hate speech.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Too late.

Antyeasta will be protesting you shortly.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
In order to fit the budget allotted to the school lunches in most districts, even the so-called healthy options are going to be highly processed crap rather than truly healthy.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

There are A Lot of White People on this Earth . DEAL With it , We are Not Going Away ..........)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
And for the record, there is nothing wrong with high quality whole grain products. Our 8-year-old is just fine with them, but I rather doubt the stuff they'd be feeding him at school is the same sort of stuff he's getting at home. We use local artisan quality whole grain bread loaded with 8 types of whole seeds, and we do use whole grain pasta. That takes some getting used to, but he's not known anything else.

But it costs more to make sure you are getting quality, and most schools have to provide quality.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join