It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi accuses Barr of lying to congress.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
www.politico.com...

Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Thursday accused Attorney General William Barr of committing a crime by lying to Congress, blasting him in a closed-door meeting and later at a news conference. “We saw [Barr] commit a crime when he answered your question,” Pelosi told Rep. Charlie Crist (D-Fla.) during a private caucus meeting Thursday morning, according to two sources present for the gathering. “He lied to Congress. He lied to Congress,” Pelosi said soon after at a news conference. “And if anybody else did that, it would be considered a crime. Nobody is above the law. Not the president of the United States, and not the attorney general.“

I'm not sure you can just do this. Accuse someone of lying, but offer no proof. The letter Nancy and the other dims are on about wasn't about Barr's characterization of the report, but rather how the Media spin wasn't showing the clear story. He wanted more pages released to show that they had looked into obstruction, but didn't find enough to charge. Rather than do that, Barr released the entire report a couple weeks later, including the pages Mueller wanted.

I hope charges are filed and Pelosi is set up for impeachment papers. Lying about someone lying is a bad thing.

+7 more 
posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I demand Pelosi takes a breathalyzer before speaking in public again!

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

at least she could put the gin and tonic down for a minute.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
She sure loves a cameras attention lol.

Loves2blather

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
She sure loves a cameras attention lol.

Loves2blather

I think there is more to it than that.

Uptown girl
She's been living in her uptown world
I bet she's never had a backstreet guy
I bet her mama never told her why

She's been living in her white bread world
As long as anyone with hot blood can
And now she's looking for a downtown man

edit on 2-5-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Why is this not clear to you:

"Pelosi’s comments were an apparent reference to Barr’s response to Crist last month during a House Appropriations Committee hearing, when the attorney general said he was not aware of any concerns that Mueller’s investigators might have expressed about his four-page summary of Mueller’s findings.

Barr’s response appeared to contradict the revelation earlier this week that Mueller himself wrote to the attorney general saying he was worried that Barr’s summary “threatens to undermine ... public confidence” in the Russia probe. Mueller also said Barr’s memo “did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance” of the investigation."

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
Posting work written by others
edit on Thu May 2 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: www.politico.com...

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Theirs no Tonic in that Gin, straight webble wooble juice

+11 more 
posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

That's because Barr followed up the letter with a phone call directly to Mueller. Mueller then stated the summary from Barr was accurate. All was stated yesterday in the Senate hearing. Just because you decided to ignore it like the Democrats at the hearing doesn't mean it wasn't addressed.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

So impeachment tomorrow or nah.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

That's because Barr followed up the letter with a phone call directly to Mueller. Mueller then stated the summary from Barr was accurate. All was stated yesterday in the Senate hearing. Just because you decided to ignore it like the Democrats at the hearing doesn't mean it wasn't addressed.

Exactly, and Barr stated that he had made that phone call via a speaker phone with Rosenstein and other staff present. Mueller told them that he did not disagree with Barr's 4 page condensed summary.

Mueller had thought that his 19 page summary would cause less confusion with the press. Those 19 pages were in need of being redacted as well, so Barr just included them all in the 448 page report and submitted it completely ASAP for full transparency.

Edit add: why is the media and congress not hounding Mueller directly to try and get an actual response from him? Simple question: do you agree with Barr's 4 page conclusions? Where is Mueller and why is he hiding?
edit on 5 2 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Strange, because it would appear the Eric Holder was above the law.
Maybe she meant no-one is above the law except me and my buddies.

+3 more 
posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Why is this not clear to you:

"Pelosi’s comments were an apparent reference to Barr’s response to Crist last month during a House Appropriations Committee hearing, when the attorney general said he was not aware of any concerns that Mueller’s investigators might have expressed about his four-page summary of Mueller’s findings.

Barr’s response appeared to contradict the revelation earlier this week that Mueller himself wrote to the attorney general saying he was worried that Barr’s summary “threatens to undermine ... public confidence” in the Russia probe. Mueller also said Barr’s memo “did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance” of the investigation."

Lol, you lefties seem to be having a hard time dealing with your losses. I've lost count of the number of REEEEEEEEEE's.

Barr explained his answer clearly. He did not have any knowledge of Muellers team disagreeing with the findings he published.
One, because no one disgarees with the findings.
Two, because he never heard from Mueller's team - only from Mueller.

On to your next REEEEEE.
edit on 2/5/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Exactly!

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
That is a knee slapper.

Pelosi calling someone else a liar.

She should already have been sent out to pasture.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Why do you follow this crap?

Its not even news; its Soap Opera of Stupid. The House of Rpresentin' is starting to remind me of Green Acres. Its like the Barr, Mueller thing................all histrionics, smoke and mirrors, flying accusations..............a giant compilation of BS and no, there's no pony in that pile of manure.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Democrats are even calling her an overstepping sensationalist today.
edit on 5/2/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

All hail
You are a master!

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
A rare milestone for any president was achieved today.

President Trump's 100th judicial nominee with just confirmed by the United States Senate.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

So impeachment tomorrow or nah.

Some have been waiting for ohhh ohhh ohhh

For the longest time.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Thank you, thank you, you're far too kind.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join