It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google loses $70 BILLION due in part to censoring "conspiracy" theories.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: scojak
I have no problem with them going after fake news,

So who determines what is and what is not "fake news"? Sounds like censorship to me.

The United States Conglomerate of Fact Checkers.

A conspiracy theory presents facts and offers an opinion.

Fake news lies about facts and pushes an opinion.

Real news just presents facts without opinion.

I have no problem with any self-proclaimed news source being shut down if they have a history of presenting "facts" that aren't actually true.
edit on 5/3/2019 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: gladtobehere

GOOD, they should lose billions more.

They haven't lost anything. Their revenue grew by 17% to $36.3bn.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I had forgotten that Google's parent company is "Alphabet", which is funny...and obvious.

The CIA's greatest weapon.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: FatherLukeDuke

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

GOOD, they should lose billions more.

They haven't lost anything. Their revenue grew by 17% to $36.3bn.

That's revenue. Market Cap is the value of the corporation based on stock price.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Oh noz say it aint soz not google.

But hey that is what happens when you let government run you business, goverment being just whatever big business interest is interested in controlling the narratives out there and whatever alphabeticals they hired to do the job, they must have pulled there pennies together to buy out the companies.

The news corporations are slowly going out of business. There practically killing themselfs because they still yet to have figured out that if you dont do your job of reporting news just drone propaganda 24/7, people are going to start looking else were for there news, not about what Trump used to today to cut his toenails with, and what the Obama and lefties think of it.

Or at least those who are aware of the obvious that is.

I mean who the hell watches fox news or any of that. I see only the older generations, and when they die, which will be in a few years now, old foggies have a tendency to kick the bucket, it is known.

We can put that on there headstones, lived there lives according to the owners of FOX, who are the same owners of CNN. It would be the crown achievement of there lives for many of them.

And? Well the newer generations of kids or people who grew up on Youtube and Google and what not. How will they know whats important in there lives or what to do?

It would be interesting to see were this whole thing goes, money well spent. In entertainment, and if google starts spouting non stop political and geo economic rhetoric none stop. Well there are other search engines out there, though I suppose the ultimate plan is to buy them all out so as to control the flow of information, with pewdiepie being the new priest of whats up instead of the ones on the cables.

The church of pewdiepie, brought to you every morning by? The Alphbeticals should just buy him outright so that way his ad revenues is just supplemental income and they can become his main sponsor, after all if they can afford to buy google they can afford that. Hes already likely making more then the most news casters on CNN or what not, and has as big of a following if not more, or at least when the older generations begins to kick the bucket. Who will they look for.

Though I don't see whats the point in censoring conspiracy theories. All that needs to be said has been said, and that years and years ago, those who got it got it, those who didnt? Well one day they will read about it in a text book or something. But ya! The internet, its going to be one gut busting rollercoaster ride of lolz, in the coming years, possibly more so then it has been already. I am starting to think that like the news, I should just grab my popcorn and just enjoy the ride. The few hours I spend online as it is anyways.

edit on 12pmFridaypm032019f5pmFri, 03 May 2019 12:58:16 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: spellings, if it takes longer then a few minutes who botthers with that #.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Get woke, go broke!

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
it's ok google will get our tax money via government grants

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Another reason their ad revenue dropped is people left YouTube for its constant ads that interrupt videos and a lot of people stopped using their android devices as much when they realized they were listening to their every word. I was telling a friend of mine last year we needed to get her new daughter a little tykes swing and we both saw ads pop up in our inbox and on Facebook for that same Damn swing with in a few minutes. Later on closer to christmas I was asking another friend if she wanted to get her teenage son a tablet for Christmas and she responded no she wanted to take his Nintendo d's fixed my tablet was on table top in sleep mode when I picked it back up an hour later my Facebook was fool of adds for where I could get a d's fixed and for places that had Nintendo d's for sale.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
My sons average home for our area 1/4 acre apx 3 bed two bath 1100 - 1200 square feet again apx
paved drive No carport .
110,000 $
Could not find a 1972 price but here is a 1969 which is 3 years earlier .
www.answers.com...
16,000 $ 4 bed which means it probably had more square footage .
which means it was a higher end house then my sons .
A house like that assuming in side matches what a 4 bed would .
Would be over 200 k in this area .
so it went from 16 k to 200 k ( i was 4 in 1969 lol ) in my lifetime the cost x 9 .

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
cost of a Mustang 1972 www.hagerty.com... right at 3000
And man I would love to have one .
cost of a mustang now 2019 www.kbb.com...
26.000 again almost 9 times as much .
and could not care less about the new ones lol
food cost well 25 cents beard vers 100 $ beard only 4 times most food follows .
clothing lower end 4 times .
gas well lets just forget that lol 1979 would have been 40 cents vers 300 per gallon

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'd be surprised if google/facebook survive the next ten years in the same shape as they are now.

Lot's of calls on all sides to break them up. We'll see hw this all shakes out

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33

Another reason their ad revenue dropped

It didn't drop, it grew. Does nobody actually read the articles before commenting?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join