It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is very mad at Firefighters

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishtruckie83

Are you or any of the guys you work with part of a union?

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
So another TDS twist the facts thread that's gone down a sh*th*le!!
edit on 2-5-2019 by manuelram16 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I'm a member of 2 unions, SAG/AFTRA and IATSE. Most of the members see trump as a pathetic clown.

Trump is also a member of SAG/AFTRA...

www.hollywoodreporter.com...

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Well duh.

Screen Actors Guild‐American Federation of Television and Radio Artists is an American labor union representing approximately 160,000 film and television actors, journalists, radio personalities, recording artists, singers, voice actors, and other media professionals worldwide.

The only thing is a large percentage of America thinks the members of that union are clowns.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

yes, I'm not sure how many are not in the union right now but its usually only a few that are not. we have around 400 people in our department right now.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
This is my biggest problem with unions.
They are supposed to fight for the workers but always get involved in politics that have nothing to do with their causes.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Well duh.

Screen Actors Guild‐American Federation of Television and Radio Artists is an American labor union representing approximately 160,000 film and television actors, journalists, radio personalities, recording artists, singers, voice actors, and other media professionals worldwide.

The only thing is a large percentage of America thinks the members of that union are clowns.

Then they should throw their TVs out in the yard. But remember the average american watches 5 hrs of TV a day and as long as that's the case, my future looks solid and profitable from either SAG or IATSE. People are now watching movies on their damn cell phones. Capitalism rocks!! We have rooms full of producers and bean counters studying media trends. Do you honestly think we work in a vacuum?
btw...we know exactly how America thinks, what they want to watch and we give it to em. Well Duh! indeed....

Union proud, Union Strong!
edit on 2-5-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

thats the problem :

. Just because a union head endorses Biden, that doesn't mean he speaks for members, as a whole.

too many union executives use thier office for political posturing withut a mandate from thier membership

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Then they should throw their TVs out in the yard.

If we're using that line of thinking, then you should move out of the US because you think the President is a clown.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Then they should throw their TVs out in the yard.

If we're using that line of thinking, then you should move out of the US because you think the President is a clown.

The next time you turn on and watch TV or listen to the radio or go to the movies; Think of old olaru12, working his ass off, paying taxes, taking care of his elderly parents and family, and praising GOD for the blessings of being able to live in a country where Capitalism, free enterprise, and the Constitution still operate in this great land....I'm not leaving!

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

So I guess you don't understand sarcasm? I was showing you how ridiculous your argument was.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

So I guess you don't understand sarcasm? I was showing you how ridiculous your argument was.

That wasn't sarcasm. That was a mean spirited personal attack on someone that disagrees with you politically... This isn't the mudpit....

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

In a way he is elevating his opponent by bringing light to the story.

So he might have brought ol Hair sniffer Biden up a notch.

That still puts him at notch one.

Unions have to toe the political line, which this particular one seems to be doing as well. I really doubt any individual firefighters who voted for Trump the first time are gonna change their vote because Unions told them to.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
a reply to: JAGStorm

In a way he is elevating his opponent by bringing light to the story.

So he might have brought ol Hair sniffer Biden up a notch.

That still puts him at notch one.

Unions have to toe the political line, which this particular one seems to be doing as well. I really doubt any individual firefighters who voted for Trump the first time are gonna change their vote because Unions told them to.

I doubt they will do it because the Unions told them to, but there are other reasons.
thinkprogress.org...

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

This is my biggest problem with unions. They are supposed to fight for the workers but always get involved in politics that have nothing to do with their causes.

How do you or would you fight for workers rights without getting into politics?

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Union proud, Union Strong!

Right on brother... Sheet metal Workers Union local 7... A bit over 30 years now. Retire in 15 months at 55.

(post by W0LF3 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Oh geez, grow some thicker skin. You said I should throw my TV out the window because I don't support your union. I sarcastically replied you should move out of the US since you don't support the President. I'll try and not hurt your feelings again, which by the way seems impossible considering this conversation. So I guess I won't address your posts anymore.

Oh and you should report my offensive post, so you can prevent any more emotional moments.
edit on 2-5-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join