It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is very mad at Firefighters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This is going to be a VERY entertaining 550 days (yes that's how many days until election time)

It appears the International Firefighters Union has endorsed Biden, and our President isn't too happy about it.
Here is his tweet:

I’ve done more for Firefighters than this dues sucking union will ever do, and I get paid ZERO!

Here's the weird thing. If Trump would actually be quiet sometimes I think some of these stories would go away. In
a way he is elevating his opponent by bringing light to the story. He sure did sound mad in his tweets.
He sure thinks he did a lot for firefighters, apparently some of them don't think so.

I'm curious here if there are any firefighters and their opinions.

edit on Thu May 2 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: NO SOURCE IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
This is going to be a VERY entertaining 550 days (yes that's how many days until election time)

It appears the International Firefighters Union has endorsed Biden, and our President isn't too happy about it.
Here is his tweet:

I’ve done more for Firefighters than this dues sucking union will ever do, and I get paid ZERO!

Here's the weird thing. If Trump would actually be quiet sometimes I think some of these stories would go away. In
a way he is elevating his opponent by bringing light to the story. He sure did sound mad in his tweets.
He sure thinks he did a lot for firefighters, apparently some of them don't think so.

I'm curious here if there are any firefighters and their opinions.

Union management does not always align with union members politically... Correct me if I am wrong, but last election union reps were still on the Democrat train, but trump won largely by getting blue collar white males in WI, MI, and PA. The demographic that Hillary totally ignored and largely union.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

He is definitely his own worst enemy, if he just STFU sometimes, it would go much smoother for him.

Anyway, firefighters are individuals and get to vote how they want.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Union management does not always align with union members politically... Correct me if I am wrong, but last election union reps were still on the Democrat train, but trump won largely by getting blue collar white males in WI, MI, and PA. The demographic that Hillary totally ignored and largely union.

True Trump won those state, but how do they look now is the question... not in his favor I'd say.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The title is misleading. He's upset with the Firefighter union, not the actual firefighters. I guess we will see if the union leader still has a job after his next election.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

He is definitely his own worst enemy, if he just STFU sometimes, it would go much smoother for him.

I agree, sometimes he crosses the line, but on the other hand, the fact that he refuses to succumb to the PC bullcrap, and calls it as he sees it, is one reason he won in the first place.

As far as ticking off firefighters, I disagree that that is the case. Just because a union head endorses Biden, that doesn't mean he speaks for members, as a whole.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Working two jobs for free , what a guy.
I'm sure he puts out more fires than he starts.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Well, to be fair, thanks to Trump's appointee at the FCC, firefighters did get #ed over while fighting wildfires last year.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Myself, and about 98% of my department wants trump. The union leadership of the international doesnt speak for us. They''ve always gone democrat. They even wanted the gullium for florida.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishtruckie83
Myself, and about 98% of my department wants trump. The union leadership of the international doesnt speak for us. They''ve always gone democrat. They even wanted the gullium for florida.

I'd sooner listen to a firefighter than the guys that shave the money off their paychecks.
Thanks for speaking up.
And putting out fires.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Let's display some facts about unions.

Nearly fifty years after John F. Kennedy first condemned corrupt leadership in the American labor movement, it is still plagued by rampant corruption, embezzlement, racketeering and influence from numerous organized crime organizations. From penny-ante theft to multi-million dollar embezzlement schemes, labor leaders continue to violate the trust of the members they claim to represent.

The labor movement is nothing but the sum of its many parts—millions of working Americans who’ve entrusted union leaders to spend a portion of their hard earned salary for the benefit of the collective good. Financially speaking, the sum of the movement’s parts totals more than $10 billion dollars annually in mandatory dues and controls another $400 billion in financial assets in strike funds, pension plans, and health care benefits.

In fact, in just the last five years, hundreds (maybe thousands) of labor leaders at all levels of the movement have been convicted of embezzlement, corruption, racketeering, or engaging in organized crime. The problem is rampant, getting worse, and yet the unions seemingly refuse to address it.

Link

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
There's a lot of rank and file firefighters on the Trump train. It's the dues-sucking union leaders that are against him. They take hundreds of thousands of ff's union dues and donate to the Demwit party. Our POTUS loves the rank and file.
edit on 2-5-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This is my biggest problem with unions.
They are supposed to fight for the workers but always get involved in politics that have nothing to do with their causes.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

That's always been his personality and his worst flaw. Most of us wanted a anti-establishment president, but in rushing in to elect him we ignored many flaws which have all been coming out.

He's very impulsive and that's his personality. He'll he probably decided to run for president after that time obama made fun of him.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm This isn't a firefighter issue. It's a union issue. There's a big difference between those who do the work and those that profit off their efforts.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: StreetGlide

Exactly right, here is a link to the Fire Fighter Union salaries.

Link

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Yes.. lie down and let idiots stomp all over you.

That's the ticket.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet most of the fire fighters would not give up being part of a union and loss the negotiation power it holds.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Doesn't seem like trump is giving any details on how he helped them.

On the other hand bidan is campaigning with them and speaking to them directly.

I'm not surprised they chose the guy taking action over the guy giving lip service.

We should listen to the firefighters. Their voice is important.

As a patriot I trust what the firefighters have to say.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Trump supporters are ant-union?

Don't a lot of his voters chose to be in unions?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join