It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Governor & Illegal Aliens & A Snapshot of Homelessness in California

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Keep in mind that both Donald Trump, and Ronald were once Democrats. I remember when Oprah was trying to talk Don into running for President. Ive been told that Hillary stated some time back that Trump should run, because he couldn't be bought, and was a very good person. My how times change...

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: Blue Shift

Keep in mind that both Donald Trump, and Ronald were once Democrats. I remember when Oprah was trying to talk Don into running for President. Ive been told that Hillary stated some time back that Trump should run, because he couldn't be bought, and was a very good person. My how times change...

At some point it doesn't have to do with being a liberal or conservative, it has to do with public safety, which I think pretty much everybody agrees with. (Except maybe the Libertarians, whose answer would be to essentially arm yourself and move into the woods.) A viewpoint is not a solution.

So without bringing politics into it, what can reasonably be done? And what I mean by "reasonably" is something that doesn't involve ignoring them (we know that doesn't work), locking everybody up, or just going around and burning them out like a zombie infestation? Keep in mind that providing somebody with a clean, safe place to sleep is not "rewarding" somebody for their bad behavior. It's protecting the rest of us from the economic, social, and environmental damage these guys are doing.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
Hey Governor, we have so many homeless here, are you going to do something about it?
Governor: No not now, I've got more illegal immigrants to financially support, while hating Trump.

FTFY.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: rickymouse
Gee, you mean everyone living in California isn't a delusional Democrat?

California is a remarkably conservative state, and not just in places like Orange County. It is at its core a mostly agricultural state, and California farmers are like farmers anywhere else.

That being said, California still suffers from the time when conservative Ronald Reagan gutted the mental health system and forced thousands of people who needed real help out onto the streets to fend for themselves.

Mental health. Drug treatment. Minimal safety and health care. It's like the weather. Everybody talks about it but nobody does anything about it. Yeah, it costs money. But is it more expensive than everybody having to put security systems on their homes or keep these people revolving in and out of overstressed government programs?

We're slowly chipping away at that insanely expensive and wrongheaded War on Drugs. Now take some of that money and either cure these folks or at least get them into a place (not a prison) where they can do drugs until they die (or get better) and not continue to be a dangerous burden to ordinary citizens.

Oh...that explains where they got the people from with mental health issues to run for congress in California. Thanks for clarifying that.

A few major cities in California seem to run the state, that is a major problem. Those cities are mostly Democrat supporters. Because the people know that Democrats will get them more money for their projects.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Yikes

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

A few major cities in California seem to run the state, that is a major problem. Those cities are mostly Democrat supporters. Because the people know that Democrats will get them more money for their projects.

Well, rather than blame somebody (which only seems like a solution), what specifically do you think should be done? If you were put in charge tomorrow, what would you do? What can you do to reduce the public health and safety threat in the most efficient and economical way possible?

And don't just say, "beat them up and put them on a bus to Oklahoma," because how they got here in the first place. What would be a decent, reasonable solution to the problem? Take that finger you're pointing at the Democrats and put it to your chin and start thinking.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Well, rather than blame somebody (which only seems like a solution), what specifically do you think should be done? If you were put in charge tomorrow, what would you do? What can you do to reduce the public health and safety threat in the most efficient and economical way possible?

And don't just say, "beat them up and put them on a bus to Oklahoma," because how they got here in the first place. What would be a decent, reasonable solution to the problem? Take that finger you're pointing at the Democrats and put it to your chin and start thinking.

Well, they could split California into two states and then each State would have representation. That way the people up north who get little benefit from the use of the taxes will be able to lower their cost of living.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Well, they could split California into two states and then each State would have representation. That way the people up north who get little benefit from the use of the taxes will be able to lower their cost of living.

Now you're thinking! That's innovative, although I'm not sure the federal government would go for it. I don't know about the northern half of California not benefiting proportionately from the tax situation, though. Southern California gets a lot of the benefits, but then again that's where most of the taxpayers are.

So what you're really suggesting is that there is an imbalance between the north and south, and it needs to be addressed somehow. But suppose you got the money. What exactly would you want to do with it? Just funnel more money into existing programs that don't quite work, or maybe try something else that might have a little more impact?

I think it needs to start with gathering more data, and in order to get that data we need to know just what these people are doing, where they are, and how they're interacting with each other and the rest of society. And to do that, I think we need to track them. Tag them and follow them as much as possible without interfering with their basic Civil Rights and human rights. (Might be a tough one.) Once we get a bead on just exactly what these folks are up to, then we can more accurately determine what we can possibly do to address their needs and the needs of the rest of the people in the community.

Maybe simply tracking them, making sure that they understand that their locations and actions are being monitored, would be enough to discourage them from continuing their most anti-social behavior.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
April 15, 2020

GO WEST ILLEGALS....GO WEST!!

California sets up a $125 million dollar Covid-19 cash fund for Illegal Aliens in the state.

www.foxnews.com...

But homeless Americans in California get zilch.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join