It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Olmsted, Ohio: Key fobs and garage openers not working

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
So, I live not too far from this location, and this hasn't affected me, but thought I would put it out there, to see what others thought.

People are having issues with locking their cars with keyfobs, and garage door openers aren't working.

There's been multiple theories, from the radar at Cleveland Hopkins, to NASA Glenn.

Cleve land.Com

NORTH OLMSTED, Ohio -- Corinne Branchick tried to lock her car door three weeks ago with a remote key fob. It didn’t work then, and it hasn’t worked since.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: shaolin_dragon

I know this area very well.
NASA (Lewis) is my bet. The airport HAS expanded well into that area for years...but this issue appears to be a new one.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: shaolin_dragon

this is interesting as a Middleburg Hts alum. Nasa Glenn Lewis (edit due to brain fart) is very close, usually just wind tunnel stuff, but I have a friend who works there. I'll pass this on to him, and rightfully blame NASA without evidence, as I usually do.

edit on 2-5-2019 by network dude because: fixed error

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I do not know your location, but I had a similar experience recently:

Couldn't open my car (was on a building site with my private car, don't sue me, all company cars were occupied), was astonished as I had just exchanged the old battery in the beeper a couple of weeks earlier for a fresh one.

Was getting frustrated and ready to endure the alarm-honking of my car if I open it with the manual key after shutting it via remote.

Looked around, saw a crane operator with his remote standing close (about 15-20m distance) and smirking.

His remote to control the crane was far, far more powerful than my tiny remote-beeper, and it seemed to utilize the same range of frequencies, so he could *squelch* my signals easily.

He took pity on me and stopped playing around, I think he even had to shut his remote down entirely via main switch. But I could open my car in peace with the remote.

tl;dr: your remote-thing is a very very tiny transmitter and has to shut up if there is a real big bad guy in the vicinity.
edit on 2 5 2019 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Well, not sure whats causing the problem, but some of you might want to check out a very interesting Veratasium video about hacking garage doors. And how they work.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Maybe they all bought crappy Chinese batteries at the same store.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Someone could be running a scrambler too. It could even be a private individual who decided they wanted to cause chaos. It could be a frequency pattern emitted from some sort of equipment too that is messing with signals.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Had an office there (Aerospace Parkway/formerly Ruple)...VIP/Government planes approach airport directly over this area. Used to have Secret Service land in helicopters to monitor the area when the Prez came to town.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Pretty sure there was a similar thread about this happening awhile back. I want to say it was concentrated in a plaza/grocery store/ area.

new topics

top topics

join