It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I just see what I saw?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skada
a reply to: xuenchen

It is just damage from drinking on the taxpayer's dime. She will claim insanity too.

ETA: I could not even watch the whole clip, not only does it sound like projection, the incoherent stuttering, is quite astounding. It makes me think that the only way she could be elected is if she committed voter fraud.

Well her District is San Francisco after all.

And half of it is already under water 😆😆😆

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: TheRedneck

Well, for the icing on the cake I offer Pelosi's post-event comments, what a trainwreck the Democrats are, truly an embarrassment for Americans and an absolute waste of taxpayers time and dime......

[LIVE]

This should have been the ending to Pelosi's babbling...

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Nadler should know that courts view congressional investigations differently than criminal investigations. The D.C. Circuit refused to direct the White House to turn over to a Senate committee the same Nixon tapes that the Supreme Court had ordered be produced to the Watergate special prosecutor as evidence in the criminal case. After transcripts of the Nixon tapes had been released, the Senate Select Committee on Presidential Campaign Activities pursued the release of the entire tapes, sans redactions and in audio, claiming the committee needed to discern any conflicts in testimony and to hear inflections in tone. The court found a “clear difference between congressional legislative tasks and a grand jury … .” It held that the committee needed to show that the “subpoenaed evidence is demonstrably critical to the responsible fulfillment of the committee’s functions.” Reforming the electoral system did not pass the test.

In an unprecedented decision, President Trump did not assert executive privilege for any document or testimony throughout the special counsel’s investigation. Thus, McGahn was allowed to be interviewed for more than 30 hours, exposing all the rants and frustrations of a man falsely accused of a crime he did not commit. One has to wonder what rantings President Clinton, who asserted executive privilege a record 14 times, expressed during the Monica Lewinsky investigation. Unlike Trump, Clinton did not release any of his lawyers to be interviewed.

A member of Nadler’s Judiciary Committee, Rep. David Cicilline (D-R.I.), has claimed Congress has an “inherent right” to enforce subpoenas by whatever means at its disposal. That must mean going to court. If the Democrats read the case law, they will learn they will lose.

Source Link

Nadler obviously knows these facts so I can only guess this is simply another scripted delaying tactic while they try to make America lose faith in our new Attorney General's / FBIs 12 other investigations.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Pelosi speaking now, she's literally shaking and stumbling in his own words.

Some of what I heard amid the stuttering:
  • Barr not showing up today is denial of Global Warming.
  • Orange man is working with us well, but he's still bad.
  • McConnell isn't doing what we want him to.
  • AOC is going to get her ban on cow farts.
  • McConnell is the Grim Reaper.
  • Republicans are bad!
  • Why does the AG work for the President?
  • Jerry Nadler is mad.
  • I can't think of what I'm supposed to say.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Forget age restrictions, citizenship restrictions, and all that jazz... can we just have a simple medical exam for potential Congress members to see if they have a functioning brain before they get on the ballot?

TheRedneck

If that happened, Trump would never have been able to run and a lot of Republican politicians would never have been elected to office.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I love how Lindsey Graham was able to insult Trump under the guise of reading texts between two other people, sneaky bastard LMAO.

By the way those insults are just what the majority of America think of Trump.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I watched that part of that farce this morning with Jerry Nadler trying to act like a congressmen. He looked, acted, and sounded pathetic. He has a lot of hostility in his soul and it shows.

The Dems are losers. They are corrupt to the core and it pisses them off that they lost power in Nov. 2016. Their plans to de-develop America and line their pockets with foreign perks and money fell through with that election. (If you're interested, look up Obama's science czar, John Holdren, and see just what their true philosophy is about.)

Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden can barely speak coherently. Maxine Waters, Sheila Jackson Lee, Jerry Nadler, Adam Schiff, "Miss Daisy" DiFi and her spy chauffer, Spartacus Booker.....I could go on and on.

Their kind of anger is beyond sour grapes. It is demented and psycho.

(post by underpass61 removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Most politicians are not all there. Who in their right mind would even want a job in todays politics in DC?

The majority of congressmen are in their jobs to gain prestige, not to help the citizens of this country. The major abusers seem to be the Democrats at the time, it has swung back and forth over the decades, but it has never been this bad since I can remember.

I guess the new way to judge how well a president is these days is to see if the opposition tries to impeach them. That tells you the president is actually trying something, not sitting on their butt and doing nothing to help the people. Obama did try to help the people, but he kept messing up, especially with designing Obamacare. They talked about impeaching him but it never got anywhere. Yes, they need to run psychological testing every two years for congressmen and congresswomen. Are we supposed to call a congressman or woman a congressthem or congressthey now?
edit on 2-5-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Wait, they haven’t even read the Mueller Report yet? WTF are they doing then?

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe

They are boycotting the redacted version. They are interviewing Barr and have not even read the report, it is evident that the Democratic congressmen and women are delusional. How can they even interview him if they refuse to read the evidence they are supposed to have read?

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

chub Nadler is actually a lawyer too 😎

ironic 😎

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Pelosi also said Barr's attitude is contributing to the takedown of ObamaCare and stripping insurance from people with pre-existing conditions !!

She's totally nuts 😎

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe

Nadler stated that today himself. He asked that no one in the house read it until they can all see the complete unredacted copy including the secret grand jury stuff. Nadler refuses to go and look at the report that is available to him with only grand jury stuff redacted.

My guess is that they know it is against the law to release grand jury testimony, since Dems made the law back during the Clinton administration in the first place. My bet is most of the senior dems voted for that law to be enacted back then too.
edit on 5 2 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: W0LF3

If you didn't make such dumb statements, you wouldn't have to keep creating different accounts to save the embarrassment.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Not up to speed on this case other than the Dems are playing political theatre instead of holding the government to account but 'Empty Chairing' has happened in politics for 100s of years in cases when a pubic official has failed to turn up to hearings, press interviews, committees and similar.

It usually has a strong political motive but the aim is to send a powerful visual message that they're neglecting their democratic duty to have an informed public.

--
If you've paid any attention to the last day of the Republican National Convention, you've no doubt heard about Clint Eastwood's strange performance in which he laid into President Obama, whom he pretended was sitting in an empty chair.

wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu...

--
MPs ‘empty chaired’ Facebook chief Mark Zuckerberg, after he refused to answer questions about fake news in front of a panel of parliamentarians from across the globe.

www.mirror.co.uk...

Tony Blair faces the humiliating prospect of being represented by an empty chair as ITV prepares to go ahead with a televised debate involving the leaders of the three main political parties.

www.theguardian.com...
--

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

In all honesty, I think they're just lazy af. They depend on their staff to do all that heavy lifting and then pass them the notes to read from.

That's why they wanted staff to ask questions of Barr. The congresswampers haven't read it, don't do the reasearch, and totally depend on their interns and other staff.

They don't have time. By the time they meet for breakfast with fellow besties, go to the Capitol gym or massage facility, meet with big donors for lunch, take a power nap in their office, make a couple of statements for camera optics....whew!...they're beat!

edit on 2-5-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: ausername
Nadler said they will make one more good faith attempt to negotiate get the access to the report they need, and then if they don't get that they will hold AG in contempt and go from there. Moments ago, press conference.

They have already refused to view the unredacted report right?

Can this #show get any more ridiculous??

They want the report completely unredacted. The grand jury info cannot be released, by law. Around the time of Bill Clinton's impeachment, the Dems wrote and passed the law that says the AG can't release any grand jury info so that Bill would have cover. They want Barr to break the law that they wrote so they can see who is under investigation. Barr told them to stuff it and they are angry that they don't actually have the power that they have assumed. Tweedle-Dum Nadler is frothing at the jowls and running in circles and knows he can't do anything. He will continue to shoot blanks to make noise and attract attention but they will just be blanks.

I have an idea. Negotiate to release the Grand Jury deliberations from the Russian Hoax after we see Clinton's Grand Jury deliberations. Have to start with the oldest 1st so Lady Justice gets her day in court.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Congress is there to create legislative law. The department of Justice is there to enforce the laws that Congress enacts. So, yes, this is a circus. If they want to see the grand jury redactions then they need to repeal the federal grand jury act that was enacted during the Clinton administration.

Thus all reports redacted presently and in the past may be released for full transparency.
Simple, yes.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Apologies to the USA, but these Democrats are a total embarrassment to your country.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join