It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I just see what I saw?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Was sitting here, like most mornings, checking out simulations that ran overnight, shaking cobwebs loose from the old neural cluster, figuring out what goals I have set for today while letting Fox drone on in the background. Yeah, I heard about the Bill Barr hearings... watched a little of them yesterday. Boring. Just more stoopid people screaming stoopid stuff at someone doing their job for doing their job in some kind of stoopid attempt to justify their existence. OK, so what else is new in the District of Confusion?

I also heard the crying over Barr refusing to play masochist again to a bunch of people who have no right to question him. OK, good, someone else has a pair. Barr won't show up for the hearing to have staff members interrogate him. He doesn't have to. No one elected staff members.

But now, I am watching live coverage of a House Judiciary Committee assembled to question someone who isn't there, and the members, from both parties, are apparently just fine with questioning an empty chair. Anyone get that? They are going ahead with the hearing to question someone who is not there.

Forget age restrictions, citizenship restrictions, and all that jazz... can we just have a simple medical exam for potential Congress members to see if they have a functioning brain before they get on the ballot?

OK, update... Nadler suddenly realized that he was trying to question an empty chair, and apparently the empty chair was not being very forthcoming... so now they're going to adjourn and hold a press conference, I assume to let everyone know what they learned form questioning an empty chair. Will someone please stop the planet? I'd like to get off now, please.

TheRedneck

+2 more 
posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Clint Eastwood became a national laughingstock in the press for this. What do you want to bet the press finds this all outrageous and shameful that the House was impugned in such a manner and had to go to such lengths?

+6 more 
posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

It's now a Constitutional crisis according to Sheila Jackson Lee.

+24 more 
posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I'm just now watching the hearing and it was priceless to see Barr literally laugh in their faces.

Democrats are a disgrace right now to your country.

+7 more 
posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If they hold Barr in contempt, he'll just be keeping company with Holder.

Of course, they were going to question him over a document none of them bothered to read.
edit on 2-5-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

It was unbelievable! Thank you for opening this thread. I had posted my reaction in another, but it will more apt here.

Just watched the Live stream of Nadlers House judiciary committee where Barr did not appear. It was a travesty! What the heck are the Dems thinking? They are behaving and sounding like fascists dictators. It is disgraceful that the House does not even recognize the minority members in their own House! They even cut the mic on one member asking to be recognized and just stood up and left.

Where and what has happened to equal democracy in the House? The house majority still refuses to read the Mueller report. Egad. I sure hope more Americans watch these live streams and realize this is really wrong.

Edit add: Minority Collins was accurate in how shameful yesterday was too. I caught a brief capture where members were seeking to speak and completely ignored. Nadler is a disgrace as a leader of the House Committee!
edit on 5 2 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It was disappointing, I was so looking forward to Hank (Guam will capsize) Johnson questioning the AG.

Dammit!

+13 more 
posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The press has already found this all outrageous... as DB points out right below your post, Sheila Jackson Lee just told them to. I guess the empty chair said something that she found untrue. It's truly shameful when chairs do that! The house should impeach that chair to show it who's boss.

I have now read the US Constitution 5 times end to end this morning... and I still can't find where it says anything about Congress having the right to badger people. It has to be in there somewhere... probably next to the part about the Congressional duty to question empty chairs.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

You want to know what happened to it?

THEY HAVE THE POWER!

Isn't this what the American public voted for?

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Oh, it's in the umbras and emanations bits. Those parts don't have words. You have to have the mystical powers of a judge in Hawaii to scry through the aether for them.

+26 more 
posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

This is all a desperate attempt to smear barr because they know what is coming. They fear he will actually investigate their side and how they colluded with Russians to spread dirt from the kremlin to hurt trump, and how obamas admin illegally spied on his opponent.

And so they need to hurt his credibility. Thats why we see there partners in the press attacking Barr. And for what, because he released the conclusions three weeks before the full report?

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

We can hope. I'll believe they get bit when it actually happens. We've known there were dirty games for a long time now and nothing has happened one way or the other.

+3 more 
posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

What's really funny is that trump already showed everyone how to use an empty chair. Remember the meeting he had where Pelosi and Schumer skipped it, and the media had to show pictures of their empty chairs? The man demonstrated how to make someone look like a fool when they don't show up! But apparently, Congress forgot one thing: when Trump did it, he had other people in the meeting so there was still a meeting. There was no one else this morning to question!

I mean, really, if you set up a meeting and no one shows up, you don't proceed with the meeting on national live TV... you cancel it and move on.

How brain-dead does one have to be to not even be able to copycat the guy they're trying to destroy?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

We can hope. I'll believe they get bit when it actually happens. We've known there were dirty games for a long time now and nothing has happened one way or the other.

Oh I agree, I am pessimistic any justice will be served.

But that's what the dems and the media fear; and so they need to attack Barr in the off shot he would actually pursue justice

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

This is all a desperate attempt to smear barr because they know what is coming.

No, I don't think so. I think it is more likely that this is an attempt to set up an insanity defense.

Not guilty by reason of insanity.

We have proof, your Honor: my client was seen on national TV questioning an empty chair about the Mueller report.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Well they have to tape their grand speech they had prepared for the hearing. You can't waste good TV time.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

It is beginning to be quite obvious. Even Pelosi says they are not looking at beginning impeachment of Trump. They are desperately trying to smear anyone who refuses to talk and walk their way.

I do so hope justice prevails and blinders removed from so many that what I seen today is NOT what our forefathers had set about in the Constitution. What I seen today is exactly what we left behind and established a better government to represent all Americans and especially to allow the minority opinion to be heard.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh, it's in the umbras and emanations bits. Those parts don't have words. You have to have the mystical powers of a judge in Hawaii to scry through the aether for them.

You owe me a keyboard.

TheRedneck

+19 more 
posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I'm going to do something I have not done in 30 years, a prediction.

I predict that around the end of May, begining of June, the Democrats will start calling for "unity to heal America".

No more division, rancor and accusations. "Lets put this period of history behind us and move forward"

this of course is predicated on the FISA warrents investigation. the second it comes to light the left lied, they will ask for unity and forgivenes. "We must come together to heal America and it's people"

anyone want to bet?

(no I do not want reconcilation, I want REVENGE, I want the Democratic party destroyed as an organization, for all the division and "indentity" politics)

[I'm a libertarian]

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I think we all know that things like this are political theatre anyways. They do not want answers. They want to put on a show trial.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join