It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN poll suggests narrative is failing

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

originally posted by: InTheLight

a reply to: InTheLight

Have you read the 448 pages you already have?

I don't see the point, at this point. If I am still confused after Mueller's testimony then I'll read it for more clarification. Right now, I want to keep an open mind.

Don't let it fall out!

Why not? Another perspective may be in order.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Actually this was one of the first reports I have ever read that wasn't page after page of redactions. Especially was amazed there were absolutely no executive privilege redactions.
The 2nd Volume which covered the obstruction charge is nearly complete, even less than volume 1 (the criminal part).

You should read it or even just peruse the pages. I think you might get angry at being lied to by Dems and media too. All of the redactions are coded so you know why it was redacted.

I would like to read the unredacted report in its entirety so as to make a more, hopefully, informed decision, just like these folks.

The move by the journalists’ group is just the latest attempt to try to force disclosure of a broader portion or the entirety of Mueller’s report, notwithstanding Barr’s indication of the need for redactions. On the same day Mueller sent his report to Barr, a Washington-based watchdog group — the Electronic Privacy Information Center — filed a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit demanding access to the document.

www.politico.com...

You do realize that the Dems themselves are the ones who enacted the federal grand jury secrecy act back during the Clinton Administration, right? Nadler and 11 other leaders of the intelligence committees are able to actually view the complete report with this one exception, the grand jury testimony.

The other redactions are mostly involving those 12 other investigations that currently ongoing and are apparently not evidence needed to reach final conclusion regarding obstruction nor collusion. Which is what this special counsel investigation was about.

At least that is what those who have actually read that more detailed report have stated. That is why the Dems are refusing to read it. They can continue on with their delusions, opinions, and yes, slander without any repercussions. For if they read it, they will then possibly be actually liable and responsible for what they say.

Edit add: Barr cannot release grand jury testimony because it is against the law. Congress wants to see it, then they will have to repeal the law that they put in place. That is their job. Congress makes laws, the executive dept enforces those laws.
edit on 5 2 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Have you read the 448 pages you already have?

I don't see the point, at this point. If I am still confused after Mueller's testimony then I'll read it for more clarification. Right now, I want to keep an open mind.

Don't let it fall out!

Why not? Another perspective may be in order.

Well, it's hard to say Barr was misleading when you can read the Mueller report (including the executive summaries, Mueller suggested to release), minus Grand Jury information.

Misleading would be parroting empty talking points by saying you don't have the report, you only have Barr's four page letter about the conclusions, while admitting you haven't read any of the report that is available.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I don't see the point, at this point.

had I known that I would not have bothered to respond
there is a cure for ignorance on this issue
perhaps you should do a bit of research prior to popping off?

link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

A rare milestone for any president was achieved today.

President Trump's 100th judicial nominee with just confirmed by the United States Senate.

mobile.twitter.com...

link   

Misleading would be parroting empty talking points by saying you don't have the report, you only have Barr's four page letter about the conclusions, while admitting you haven't read any of the report that is available.

ain't that the truth!!!

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

In two years how many people have looked for something, hell anything, on Trump? The hunt for "something" began even before the election...yet, nothing of substance has been found.

Oh, but this next investigation will find it, for sure. That's the thinking, isn't it??

Tax returns? Why? He's under no obligation to reveal them to anyone, outside of the IRS. Given how the IRS was used during the Obama administration, you honestly think that if there was something there, it wouldn't have, oh so accidentally, leaked out? Really?

As for the Mueller report? Two years, umpteen million dollars, and what's been found...? Mueller himself has implied nothing of substance, certainly nothing that rises to the level of high crimes, was found. But, yeah, the next one will be the one that gets that mean ol' Trump...

Why not, instead, get a really good candidate to run against him and defeat him? Of course, given who has, so far, tossed their various hats into the Presidential ring that may be easier said than actually done.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The Hunt for Red November is now in September 😎

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   

They're having a hard time accepting that more and more of the public is unplugged from them. And even those that are plugged in are getting leaks from elsewhere that destroy the narrative (social media, hence the purge).

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

This week it was reported that CNN lost 26 percent of its audience, down 237,000 viewers since April 2018, and down nearly 40 percent from its 2016 peak. To put those numbers in their proper perspective:

- According to Wikipedia, the population of prostitutes in the U.S. (approximately one million) is larger than the population of CNN viewers.
- Across all cable networks, CNN now ranks 15th, behind Home and Garden TV (4th), the Hallmark Channel (9th) and the Food Network (14th).
- The 237,000 viewers CNN has shed over just the last year is more than the populations of Richmond, Virginia (227,032), Baton Rouge, Louisiana (225,374) or Des Moines, Iowa (217,521).
- Their remaining 767,000 viewers could all comfortably fit in Jefferson County, Kentucky (current population 771,158).
- Their current ratings are lower than those for failed TV shows such as TBS’s Wrecked (846,000), cancelled after three seasons. The bottom-rated show on broadcast TV this week, CW’s The 100, had 901,000 viewers, which was 134,000 more than CNN.
- More people tuned in for the 2018 Little League Baseball World Series (an average of 1.02 million per game; more than 3 million for the championship) than watch CNN these days.
- There are more real-estate agents in the United States (1.3 million) than there are CNN viewers. And many more people work at Walmart (1.5 million) than watch CNN.
- One survey suggests there could be twice as many witches and pagans in the United States (1 to 1.5 million) than there are CNN viewers.
- Americans are more likely to ride a bicycle to work than to watch CNN. According to a new report from the Census Bureau, 836,569 Americans over the age of 16 say they ride a bike to work.
- More households keep chickens and other poultry birds as pets (1,020,000) than tune in to CNN’s primetime shows, according to a survey from the American Veterinary Medical Association.

Real-estate agents and prostitutes really have a lot of downtime in their professions... CNN could exploit some of that unused downtime in their particular demographics and have Anderson Cooper team up with a Home and Garden TV segment a few times a week. In each episode CNN could feature a different LGBTQ real-estate agent lovingly walk Anderson through a prospective house in say Seattle, San Francisco or even Denver and talk up its selling points such as the freshly cleaned poop-free & needle-free sidewalks by 8 AM ish (well except on weekends and holidays) and voila! CNN could at least double their viewership! But where CNN could really pull in the big numbers and even save on travel time for the cast and camera crews is to just follow Anderson's entourage from city to city and after each episode send Don Lemon to go and troll the nearest street corner where he could offer a brand new Schwinn to any of the women working that particular corner. He could then pontificate to whoever would listen about how much easier, more comfortable and somehow less racist their commute to work each day is going be especially with the extra-wide gel comfort seat feature with its shiny nevertrump stickers! To cut costs Wolf Blitzer could just stand around the corner off camera and barter to buy back the Schwinn for $50! I'm sure they could get Chris Cuomo to then quickly spray paint the bike some random pastel color in the back of the camera truck on the way to the next street corner even! Hey at least it would beat having to completely rely for all of their ratings by continually subjecting all the airline pilots, TSA employees and air traffic controllers to the 24 hour a day mindless droning...right?

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 01:03 AM
link   

JAKE TAPPER may not think CNN "made any mistakes" in its broadcasting model, but the public says they've made plenty. So many in fact, that viewership is down ANOTHER 26% so far this year.

Today, CNN's parent company AT&T, terminated/bought-out 100 "seasoned" employees at the failing TV News Network.

SOURCE #1: twitter.com...

SOURCE #2: deadline.com...

This what happens to a News Network that openly projects "hate" of the country where it is domiciled, and the President who is making that country an even better place to live and work.

Hopefully it's only the beginning. As Source #2 states, CNN's President (Jeff Zucker) was put in charge of the entire Warner Media conglomerate this year. He now has to trim expenses where appropriate, to keep shareholders happy.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The Legacy of CNN 😃

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Really?!

Of course, these are the same people who did a poll and said that Hillary was going to win.

Precisely. You know CNN will do everything they can to manipulate these results.

Seeing as this is the best they can get, you know the real numbers are much much better for Trump.

I can't wait for Trumps Tax Cuts 2.0 - although, within the next couple of months I expect to implement a tax savings strategy that will reduce my tax rate from about 40% to 5%, so that won't help me any.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Again, given that it's a CNN poll, it's just really hard to take any of those numbers seriously. Grain of salt, hell; give me a train car load to start with.

Again, exactly.

Read it this way...

Of the people polled that CNN strongly felt would hate Trump and respond in the affirmative to impeachment, only 34% actually responded that way.

So, the real numbers are very different - my WAG is maybe 3-10% of the people in the country really feel that way.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=24374406]tanstaaf
although, within the next couple of months I expect to implement a tax savings strategy that will reduce my tax rate from about 40% to 5%, so that won't help me any.

Suicide is never the answer my friend even if it will get your tax rate down to 5%.
edit on 16-5-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Suicide is never the answer my friend even if it will get your tax rate down to 5%.

I wouldn't get that drastic unless i knew I could get it down to no more than 1%...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join