It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN poll suggests narrative is failing

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 1 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   
link

CNN conducted a random sampling of adults, and hidden in the dats a couple items stand out. The poll is not rosy for Trump, but not doom and gloom either. Among other things to consider when looking at the investigation/obstruction polling points, consider 15% of people polled when asked of their impression of Mueller answered that they had never heard of him! But only ~4% were willing to say they had no real opinion when asked about impeachment, obstruction, etc

Overall, 37% say Trump should be impeached and removed from office, 59% say they do not feel that way. And while most who do back impeachment feel that way strongly (34% of adults strongly support impeachment, just 3% back it but not strongly), the share who strongly oppose it is larger (45% say they feel strongly that the President should not be impeached)..

The American public increasingly feels that Democrats in Congress are going too far in investigating the President -- 44% say Democrats are doing too much on that score, up from 38% saying so in March. That shift stems largely from independents, 46% of whom now say congressional Democrats are going too far.

From the raw data:

44% think the Democrats are going overboard in their investigating. 25% believe they are doing too little.

Trump's approval rating continues to climb since the shutdown.

Buried in the trends, they also have this nugget from July 2014:
Barrack Obama should/should not be impeached --
33% vs. 65%
Trump should/should not be impeached (APR 2019) --
37% vs 59%

So despite nearly three years of 24/7 cable news and talking heads/analysts shrieking about Russian Collusion (and now Obstruction), despite the absolute smear campaign by cable news that began in 2015, the share of people in favour of Trump's impeachment is only 4% stronger than the number of adults they polled in 2014 suggesting Obama should be impeached.

That's not very good news if you're a propagandist or impeach-zealot.

+1 more 
posted on May, 2 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Really?!

Of course, these are the same people who did a poll and said that Hillary was going to win.

I did my own poll. It suggests that CNN is failing. Sorry, I just have a hard time taking anything from CNN seriously.
edit on 2019 5 02 by incoserv because: I could.

+3 more 
posted on May, 2 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Well, to impeach a President, that particular President has to have, well, actually done something that rises to the level of impeachable offenses...

High crimes and misdemeanors, I believe they're called...

Orange man bad just doesn't reach that level. Nor does made up evidence that even two years of "investigation" couldn't substantiate...

Oops.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 02:50 AM
link   
CNN, the kings of fake news, or was that MSNBC? Both are a complete joke, propaganda comedy shows!!

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

I think that this particular stat is interesting.
34% of adults strongly support impeachment, just 3% back it but not strongly

Kinda shows that the people who hate him really hate him.
So keep in mind, 34% of people polled will not be persuaded, no matter what.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

Again, given that it's a CNN poll, it's just really hard to take any of those numbers seriously. Grain of salt, hell; give me a train car load to start with.

I just can't even do as far as seriously considering any number that the Clown Nonsense Network throws out. Might as well be gibberish.

Ha! It's CNN; it is gibberish.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

The difference between the two is that MSNBC is completely honest about what it is. CNN pretends it's 100% objective while falling into the MSNBC category increasingly.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Well... I'll just leave this here...

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

Right. And the "scandle-free" previous administration the media ran cover for had rather similar numbers. That's honestly astounding to me.

Also, keep in mind that this was a random sample of adults. Not just likely voters. That number probably comes down with likely voters.

15% of people said they've never heard of Mueller, but still had opinions. I'm curious how the "low-info" crowd leaned, but that isn't broken down in the data.

It's not all good news for Trump (48% of people thjnkrhe obstructed, 44% say he did not, for example), but I think it is sort of interesting that the nonstop media barrage has been largely ineffective.

In the end, it's just a slice of ~1000 people, but its still interesting.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Well, to impeach a President, that particular President has to have, well, actually done something that rises to the level of impeachable offenses...

Orange man bad just doesn't reach that level. Nor does made up evidence that even two years of "investigation" couldn't substantiate...

Oops.

Without reading Mueller's report (unredacted) or having a good look at Trump's tax returns, there really was and still is no in-depth investigation done.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Democrats refuse to read the Un-Redacted Mueller Report.

www.foxnews.com...

It's been available to them for over 10 days. Pitiful.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

www.foxnews.com...

No it hasn't, they asked for it at the hearing.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

It's a pole, synonymous with a joke. Anyway, their ridiculous pole us about "feewings, nuttin moe dan feewings" so who really cares? It's not like it's about evidence and law which half the population wouldn't understand, so what's the point other than pushing the feewings narrative.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

MSNBC seems to be more of a creative writing class like Salon

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This sums up America's trust in Fake News....

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
CNN polls. I thought CNN polls were awesome when I was 16. That was 1989.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

www.foxnews.com...

What's Ted holding here?

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

www.foxnews.com...

What's Ted holding here?

A redacted version. They want the unredacted version.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Oops.

Without reading Mueller's report (unredacted) or having a good look at Trump's tax returns, there really was and still is no in-depth investigation done.

Maybe the IRS is being easy on President Trump?
If there was anything close to even a slight error, the IRS would be all up in his stuff, and you know it.

I don't hate anybody. And if I did, it wouldn't be cause to harass daily that individual. Now that is criminal behavior. That is precisely what I am seeing from the left. CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR.

President Trump needs to file lawsuits, and hit he harassers in the pocket book. They need to be sent out to the old woodshed for a good old fashion spanking

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

www.foxnews.com...

What's Ted holding here?

A redacted version. They want the unredacted version.

Some of the report is redacted for legal reasons. They know this but have to pretend they don't so they can continue to make you believe something is nefarious. Otherwise, why wouldn't they take advantage of viewing the report when offered?

Can you name one example of a judge upholding the release of Grand Jury information? It is not legal. The rest of the report was made available for viewing. Odd choice to refuse to view it. Unless it's just part of the game, of course...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join