It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AG Barr is a big fat liar

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Without question, it's obvious that Barr is simply a proxy for Donald Trump, acting as his personal attorney rather than serving in his official capacity. Barr should removed from office. It should not be up to him to resign or not. Trump has done the country a huge favor; never before has anyone so better illustrated how corrupt our legal system is. Justice is but an abstract concept, a talking point. The reality is far different. Our legal system can be exploited and is exploited every single day of our lives.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Did you think that a single, mostly unverified, document was the entire basis for appointing a Special Counsel and getting FISA Court search warrants? Ridiculous.

oh boy
you do know an agent planted the idea that russia had dirt on hillary to a low level trump campaign staffer and then another agent attempted to gain the same from said staffer?
that is the official "cover" for the beginning of this bs
it is all being released now that mueller is out of the way
you may want to research this a bit prior to haveing to wash egg off of your face again

Did you think that a single, mostly unverified, document was the entire basis for appointing a Special Counsel and getting FISA Court search warrants? Ridiculous.

that single completely unverified(as per steele himself in british court) document was added to prior denied fisa warrant applications to get approval

lol
the sun is getting low
all kinds of nastiness is about to be exposed

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: tabularosa

Without question, it's obvious that Barr is simply a proxy for Donald Trump, acting as his personal attorney rather than serving in his official capacity.

for trump or for the senate that confirmed him?

Barr should removed from office. It should not be up to him to resign or not.

Barr could be impeached, but that takes real crimes.
It is not up to him solely.

Trump has done the country a huge favor; never before has anyone so better illustrated how corrupt our legal system is.

I agree
the obama administration should not have weaponized our government against its political rivals

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Justoneman

Eventually you will totally believe what I am about to point out.

You will be singing "what kind of fool am I" to yourself for YEARS and YEARS. If you are lucky enough to live that long before something bad happens since you push the prog's plans. You do know they only will allow 500 Mil population on Earth I am sure.

Well, that escalated quickly.

No hostility here unless you're mad.

I am trying to let you down easy. Your wanting the hard fall it appears.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Presumption of innocence until proven guilty is not an absolute declaration of innocence.

I am dying to see the source of american jurisprudence that this gem came from?
You will provide such?

I will do a back flip with a busted leg and more pounds on my frame than the last time i tried to do that.......I might get hurt. Don't tell my wife I said this please. She might think I was as crazy as a lefty.
edit on 3-5-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Oh no, my bad. There was also the Yahoo "news" article about the Steele Dossier they used to help verify it.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa
Without question, it's obvious that Barr is simply a proxy for Donald Trump, acting as his personal attorney rather than serving in his official capacity. Barr should removed from office. It should not be up to him to resign or not. Trump has done the country a huge favor; never before has anyone so better illustrated how corrupt our legal system is. Justice is but an abstract concept, a talking point. The reality is far different. Our legal system can be exploited and is exploited every single day of our lives.

Without question, really? Then you can obviously tell me why you believe this. It is not obvious to me. He seems to be doing what an attorney general is supposed to do which is enforcing the laws of our country.

Even in his speech he made he included Mueller's sentence that this report does not confirm nor exonerate Trump. No lapdog attorney for Trump would have included that in his speech nor in the original 4 page letter. Barr did. He was being fair and just.

Or is it that he should have met Trump out on a Tarmac somewhere and had a discussion about grandchildren before he came to his conclusion?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

You saw what was provided?
A bunch of international garbage that was irrelevant, and one us link improperly interpreted.
It makes me laugh when foreigners attempt to educate us on our laws and rights.
Just because their govt gets away with bs does not mean ours does.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Its precedence lies in English Common Law (for the purposes of the US legal system), and would be considered part of the "due process" provisions of the 5th and 14th (as held up by judicial rule).

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Those posts border on Insanity being brandished as reality.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
a reply to: shooterbrody

Those posts border on Insanity being brandished as reality.

I suspect it is more troll than insane, but that is just my opinion.
Things are pretty quiet in bag end these days. Americans imo are more opinionated than others and that is used to advantage by those who enjoy winding people up online.
Their ignorance is usually easily exposed.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Attorney General William Barr launched a pro Trump media campaign both with the 4 page summery

It wasn't a summary of the report, it was a statement of the conclusions of the report, and Barr said as much. Big difference.

Barr's summary and press conference that exonerated Trump was done so over frustration from Mueller and his team,

Frustration over the bad press coverage, yes...

and without Barr even looking at the evidence.

As Barr stated, it isn't his job to 'look over the evidence', that would basically be saying that you expect him to redo the entire investigation.

All he does is take all of the evidence as presented, assumes it is factual, and makes hi charging/declination recommendations based on that.

Do you really expect Barr to look at all of the evidence accumulated over almost 2 years in a few days?

Barr said the evidence showed Trump didn't obstruct justice, this is a lie considering he didn't look over the evidence.

It isn't a lie, and he simply accepted the evidence as presented by the SC.

This isn't rocket science.

Barr claims Trump cooperated with the Mueller investigation, Trump refused to speak to Mueller, thus another lie.

Trump cooperated in every way except putting himself into a position of falling into a perjury trap. So he responded to written questions, in writing.

That is smart, but doesn't make him a liar.

Barr Claimed there was no concern from the special councils team how he was presenting the Mueller report, he lied because he knew from the Mueller letter there was concerns.

This is pure BS. The question Barr was asked was specifically about other members of Muellers Team, not Mueller himself.

Barr is a partisan hack and should resign as Attorney General.

You are suffering from severe major TDS, and should check yourself in immediately to the nearest clinic.
edit on 3-5-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Did the OP call Barr fat? I'm not sure that is allowed in the liberal political world... I think "a person of weight" would be better, what do you think?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

the AG got caught lying to Congress.

What lie?

Be specific.

I won't hold my breath.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
First Muellers aids contacted them ...

When?

then they sent a letter to the DOJ ...

When? Where is the letter?

then Mueller wrote to William Barr directly...

So far that is the only one you got right.

then he had to call him on the phone and still the man wont accurately portray what the report indicates.

Ummm, no... Barr called Mueller after receiving the letter from Mueller. That is when he got Mueller on the record that there was nothing inaccurate in his letter of the 24th.

Barr said he didn't look at the evidence... but it seems he also didn't read the report.

Wrong again - he said he didn't look at the underlying evidence, he simply accepted the evidence as presented by Mueller in the report - which he would have to have ready the report to do.

Silly, so silly, silly silly silly.

Then he just up and says he's not going to answer any more questions. ( which I understand why... yesterday was rough for him). He's afraid of answering questions from lawyers it seems is his issue. Even though it's standard for house hearings to have lawyers present to ask questions.

Ummm, no... it isn't, it is extremely uncommon, if not unheard of.
I can only imagine if this was a democrat... the scaffolding would be under construction as I am typing.
Imagine Hillary had refused to go talk to the FBI about the server
She did refuse to testify, she would only agree to an informal questioning where she was not under oath, and c ould have some close friends to consult with and for immoral support.

Or when called before congress to testify about Benghazi she just refused to go answer them...

She actually couldn't refuse that... it was a legitimate oversight hearing about a very real event that had deadly consequences where an American Ambassador was murdered.

This is a congressional crisis folks.

It is, but don't worry, the hammer will be coming down soon, putting things right.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

"Gravitationally Challenged"

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

"Gravitationally Challenged"

I don't know...colored challenged... see what I mean?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The lie was not about the content of the Mueller report.

Barr gave an untruthful answer to a simple and direct question.

Here is the question: "Did Bob Mueller support your conclusion"

Here is the answer: "I don't know whether Bob Mueller supported my conclusion"

The truth is that he knew that Mueller had written to him, saying: "The summary letter the Department sent to Congress and released to the public late in the afternoon of March 24 did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance of this Office’s work and conclusions."

He knew that Mueller did not support his conclusion, but said he didn't know.

You need to take some english lessons.

Mueller saying that the letter 'did not fully capture', is not the same thing as saying he disagreed with Barrs conclusion.

Also, Mueller himself came to the conclusion there was no 'collusion', but he blatantly shirked his duty to come to a conclusion with respect to obstruction - Barr said he was very surprised that he wasn't going to come to a conclusion, because that is what prosecutors do - you know, the entire reason for the SC. So, that meant that Barr himself had to handle that decision, which he and RR did with ease - no obstruction.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I was referring to the way the Republicans and particularly Trump and his supporters, firstly proclaimed the innocence of Cohen, Flynn, Gates, Papadopoulos, van der Zwaan, Patten and Mannafort and now vilifies them.

The only two I've seen 'vilified' if you can call it that, are Cohen and Manafort.

I am also not an American and therefore have no duty to support the US constitution, but I'm sure that if my actions were examined in light of the US Constitution, I would diverge from it less than the current US administration (you do know that several financial and spying activities carried out by the US government are clearly unconstitutional in intent and effect.

You mean the spying that has been going on since the early 1990's? That is Trumps fault too?

Not to mention things like removing birthright citizenship.

There is no birthright citizenship in the Constitution. Note: the citizenship mentioned in the 14th doesn't support anchor babies.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

Mueller (well, weissman) was complaining about barr, kind of. He was complaining that barr put out a summary of findings instead of a summary of investigation. The reason he was upset about this was that it didn't allow the media to twist the narrative. It allowed trump to get out in front of the dirt in the mueller report. Trump had two solid weeks where the media couldn't point to anything about the mueller report other than "no collusion, no obstruction." So everyone heard it.

The release of the mueller report was not supposed to go this way, in their view. Yes they were not going to charge, but they were trying to set congress up with a decent shot at impeachment, based solely on media narrative. Barr nerfed it for them. They were livid. See, rosenstein was supposed to be the one releasing it and he (in the interest of quick public disclosure) would have released what weissman wanted released. Which was the executive summary. Which was written to be semi-salacious. Instead barr treated it like a prosecutor should, and released a summary of findings, which are binary. No collusion charges. No obstruction charges.

There was nothing to spin and they (the angry dems) couldn't stand that.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join