It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Redux from 2018: DJ Moby claimed that the CIA asked him to spread rumors about Trump and Russia.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Moby claims CIA asked him to post about Trump and Russia.

Singer Moby claimed his friends in the CIA asked him to spread the word that President Trump has ties to Russia because he has a larger social media following than the government agency.

Moby, whose birth name is Richard Melville Hall, told Kentucky radio station WFPK in an interview this week that he has friends in the CIA who asked him for his help.

The subject came up after the host, Kyle Meredith, asked the electronic singer about his cryptic Facebook post he wrote in 2017.

The post stated that after he spent time with friends who “work in D.C.” he could “accurately post” that the Fusion GPS Dossier was “100% real. He’s being blackmailed by the Russian government.”

The post also claimed Trump has colluded “with the Russian government, and has been since day one,” wants to go to war and there are “right-wing plans to get rid of Trump.”

I didnt see it posted and thought it was interesting.

My first thought was, why and how does he have "friends" in the CIA?

Is it a throw back to Operation Mockingbird?

Obviously, DJ Moby is not part of the media but theres no longer a monopoly on information in the sense that it used to be limited to television, the radio and print media.

We all know that government agencies actively try to influence public opinion.

But instead of journalists, maybe theyre recruiting high profile "celebrities"?

In that sense, I would say that Moby could very well be telling the truth especially when he says that its due in part to his 2.5 million facebook followers.

I wonder who else the CIA has approached for help in changing public opinion.

edit on 1-5-2019 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This is a tough one.
On the one hand I wouldn't put it past Clapper and Brennan to do something like that.
And on the other hand, Moby is such a dips**t that he would probably say anything to try and stay relevant.

I'll call it a toss up either way.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Maybe someone he knows works for the CIA, that one person could be corrupted and be telling him to do that. I highly doubt if the CIA itself would get involved with that, especially when they have to deal with an acting president who could fire anyyone at the top like Obama did with the Military because they did not agree with his idiotic perspective dealing with Iraq.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Haha ah ahahahahhaaassahhhhahahah
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hooboy!!

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Moby might be lower scum than Michael Avanetti. Gross! I wonder if Trump will hear about this.

from the linked article

He wrote that when he and his friends who had been drinking noticed Trump "standing a few yards away" from them, one pal suggested Moby "knob-touch" Trump which he explains is "when you take your penis out of your pants at a party and brush it up against someone."

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
This is a tough one.
On the one hand I wouldn't put it past Clapper and Brennan to do something like that.
And on the other hand, Moby is such a dips**t that he would probably say anything to try and stay relevant.

I'll call it a toss up either way.

Amarshall Mathers said it best "Moby, you can get stomped by Obie. You thirty six year old bald headed fag, blow me. You don't know me, you're too old, let it go its over. Nobody listens to Techno"

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

There should be a video of it somewhere. I would like to hear him say it.

Starts at 8:30.

Lol. He actually said it.

And he should be subpoenaed to actually see who leaked this information.

lol. And. And. His excuse for doing it is priceless. He said they told him that he should do it because he had more followers on social media! WOW! Like the CIA guys would leak it on their own social media.
He must be one dumb individual.
edit on 1-5-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I wonder how many Hollywood stars have been blackmailed into spouting anti Trump rhetoric?

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Moby, you're too old let go. It's over, nobody listens to techno!

Not sure about you guys but if I was actually approached by the CIA to do something like this I definitely would not be making it public knowledge.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
If the goal is to influence public opinion why use a has been techno producer that no one listens to? Unless of course, the CIA wanted Moby to say this and wanted people to think they are working against Trump...

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

First....Who the F is Moby?

Second....

Moby said his dream candidate would be former first lady Michelle Obama.

The second answers my first question.....he is a freaking retard of the highest degree.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Thousands of ageing hipsters in Louisville, KY. may have been influenced.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
If the goal is to influence public opinion why use a has been techno producer that no one listens to? Unless of course, the CIA wanted Moby to say this and wanted people to think they are working against Trump...

So your thinking that they didn't tell him to do it and he is suffering from a reeeelaps from remembering the Trump train that rolled over the Democrats?

Or are you saying that the CIA used the TDS factor and convinced him he should do it?
edit on 1-5-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

DJ Moby lol. Thanks for the post, dad

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   
In worse news, the CIA has been reduced to social media clout-chasers.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'm sick of this myth that Moby produces techno.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Moby, you're too old let go. It's over, nobody listens to techno!

Not sure about you guys but if I was actually approached by the CIA to do something like this I definitely would not be making it public knowledge.

Moby Facebook account:

en-gb.facebook.com...

"2,770,703 people like this

2,520,425 people follow this"

What are your statistics, mate? That's if you even have a Facebook account.

Techno is huge music world wide. Have you seen how many radio stations there are online playing electronic music? Hip Hop is techno too. How huge is Hip Hop?

These are booming businesses. The hardware and software market is making a lotta $£$£$£$£!

You told a silly lie there and that is why I have bothered to correct you because you are misleading people with your own disinfo. You are as bad as the worst CIA or CNN has to offer if you do that. Don't you get it? A lie is a lie and you prove yourself as slither tongued as any when you do this.

Moby is Jewish and liberal. It is nothing more than political self interest at work, liberal networking to deal with a political competitor. I would like to know exactly what Moby did say in that interview.

The CIA would not be plotting against Trump as an organization. I have seen nothing that tells me he is doing anything against their interests. In fact, the CIA is looking healthier than ever since Trump took offfice. It was being smashed to bits by hackers before - Julian, Snowden, Chelsea, Wikileaks and all under the Obama administration.

Moby admits he is a chaotic person who has taken a lot of drugs. He should stick to music and not go round creating rumours that only harm his own self interests as a U.S.A citizen and the intelligence community that protects him and you all.

I think he is just trying to feed on the conspiracy bandwagon to recruit more fans. Personally, I believe 99% of the conspiracy genre is a pile of smelly stuff. Hiding among that will be a little diamond stone of truth and intrigue though.

I have the utmost respect for the intelligence communities. Long ago I worked out that sometimes you have to play dirty to counteract your very dirty foe. The intelligence organizations are our first line of defense against enemies.

No true covert operator would disclose their activities just at the time their activities were most required. Moby is really admitting to the nature of liberal networking, which does exist, nothing more than that.

There are definitely some CIA operatives in Hollywood and other media though, be sure of that. It is necessary too.

edit on 2-5-2019 by Malak777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
So, he just outted himself as a liar, and a CIA whore.

Why would any sane person, with so many "followers", admit that publically?

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

originally posted by: underwerks

So your thinking that they didn't tell him to do it and he is suffering from a reeeelaps from remembering the Trump train that rolled over the Democrats?

Or are you saying that the CIA used the TDS factor and convinced him he should do it?

I'm thinking that with the CIA the story is never the apparent story. Does anyone believe the people in the CIA are stupid enough to be outed by Moby?

It's more likely they fed him this story knowing he'd tell it. And what would be the purpose of that?

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Sounds similar to how the gov't recruited that Blink 182 band member Tom DeLonge to head their UFO disclosure agenda. Thats their MO now I guess to recruit popular musicians..

top topics

join