It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Am I Supposed To Believe??? What Is The TRUTH?!?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I think Alex Jones is about as close to "truth" as we'll ever get....

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Or Mother Jones, Naturalnews, Truthis.org are fine examples of non partisan fiction as well as the fat guy
edit on 5/1/2019 by DJMSN because: Corrections

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses all. A couple of point responses I'd like to make.

- Ignore it all because it's pointless.

The problem with this is, this is a serious issue depending on who's right. This isn't something you can just sweep under the rug. Sure, both sides could be playing us, but depending on which side comes out will depend on which side of the country wins and for many of us, that's a big red warning because not every side has the same mentality or able to accept the outcome civilly.

Moreover, if we're seeing crimes being committed on either side, we will want justice and rightfully so. If neither side is held accountable for crimes committed, I have a strong sense that the people will not accept this and riots could be one of the outcome. On the other hand, I also have a strong sense of people giving up when they find that no one will be held accountable. Maybe this is the point as well. The many possible outcomes will depend on what comes out of this fiasco of a fuster cluck.

As for the confusion, even Drudge has headlined "facts" on both sides as though they're flip-flopping every day from one side to another but in truth, it's as Drudge has always done - print the catchy headlines to make you read. It's not all right wing news.

- Someone SHOULD be held accountable - All involved notwithstanding.

If the media is biased, they should be held accountable.

If either Dems or Reps are responsible, they should be held accountable.

If this really is a wag the dog issue, then our government should be held accountable as should all agencies involved. If we've truly gotten to this point in our American and possibly world history, obviously the people no longer matter and we need another way. Revolutions start because of things like this, whether it's all BS or either side wins, no matter if innocent or guilty.

Our country is so nearly evenly divided that, yeah it sounds far fetched even to say it but common sense says it's not all that far fetched, we could very well end up in not only another civil war but a class war, a war of chaotic proportions, or the end to our supposed civilized way of life.

I don't want to come off as doom and gloom but the possibility does exist, even as a skeptic, I can't rule this out.

Someone needs to tell us what's really going on and they need to be truthful about it or I fear all hell is going to break loose.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

- Someone SHOULD be held accountable - All involved notwithstanding. If the media is biased, they should be held accountable. If either Dems or Reps are responsible, they should be held accountable.

Yes, we need a government sanctioned Minister of TRUTH. Corporate ownership of media companies must end! Now!!

Revolution you say...which side will you be on?

Don't pay any attention to those black GMCs with blacked out windows driving up and down your street...
edit on 1-5-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Do you believe calling BS on what the evidence shows amounted to a BS investigation is obstructing justice. If you do then I would assume you would have to be at an ideological stalemate with yourself which ignites a rage of doubt in an individual. Cut too,....

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight

HRC was supposed to win in 2016.

She didn't and the Democrats can't subpoena God.

Shhh.
If this gets out , the Dems will start impeachment hearings on God for obstruction and occlusion against Hillary.
Dont give them ideas as they need something now.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Never look for the truth.

Look for facts.

Truth is just someone's interpretation of facts.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

playing devils advocate

would that mean has Hilary been charged - fake news?

would that mean Obamma non US birth certificate - fake news?

What Hillary did is a matter of public record. Same as with Trump. The fake news is the spin put on it.

No evidence has come to light about Obama's birth certificate, but I am not aware of any investigations into it either.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Has he been impeached? Charged with a crime? That tells you which side was fake news.

So if he were to be impeached, and he was (eventually) charged with a crime, would that tell you which side was fake news?

If he is charged with collusion and impeached for it we would definitely know which side was fake news. If he is not, we will also know.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

There is no truth...only false trurhs, half truth and the real, one and only...real truth.

Problem with that? Even "truth", or "reality"...both too...are open to individual interpretation...*

* I still say dump the Obama and Clinton(s) nonsense...they should, but theyre gone-old news...won't ever be held accountable..we need to leave 'em be and concentrate forward, together.
edit on 1-5-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Someone needs to tell us what's really going on and they need to be truthful about it or I fear all hell is going to break loose.

This is one of the main problems.

People looking for others interpretations rather than taking the time to do their own reading and deductions.

The news' job is not to tell us what to think despite their delusional position that it is.

But, people have so much on their plate; bills that have to be paid, kids that need to be raised, all of the interpersonal encounters we experience on a daily basis, not to mention the distractions of sports fanaticism/celebrity gossip/rigt-left tribalism that those pulling the strings don't have to do a lot of work any more for the masses to be directed one way or another.

What you fear is the goal of those behind the scenes, then they can step in and pick up the pieces only to start the whole sordid ball rolling all over again.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

This is precisely the purpose of dis-information. When you get people to the point that they have no idea whom to believe you know you did it right.

Unfortunately, this obfuscation is forced upon us the most by the politicians claiming transparency. In the end, I just go with my gut and what makes the most sense.

Did it take the Russians using fb memes to beat hillary or did she lose because she just plain sucks as a human being?

All things being equal, I think Russia could have done a better job of it had they intended to intervene in a US election. As such, it falls to reason then that hillary just lost because she is a terrible person and would make a disastrous POTUS.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Would you consider the possibility that none of it is: 'The Truth'?

Bingo! The truth is much worse than anything you see on the news.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
hey Stallionduck,

My question to you is this...Why do you believe what you are told? Don't you hear something stated as fact, then go see if you can verify it yourself? I assume you are interested in coming to your own "truth". ALL politicians lie, obfuscate, deceive. Because all politicians have an agenda.

My advice to you is this. Start to verify as many facts as you can. Don't just believe a soundbite. See if you can find the whole video, and listen to the whole thing to get context. Always remember that every politician, msm, network, talking head, whomever, they all have a job, with an agenda, and goal. I believe that goal is to win your loyalty, stop you from questioning, just believe me/us.

Now, most people i know are unable to devote much time to this, but if you try to stick with one topic, you can find your own truth. Then go to something else, etc. etc.

That is why most of us are here on ATS. To find our own version of the truth, or a belief.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the long thread(s) elsewhere on ATS about a particular anon insider for one very specific reason: it is encouraging people to dig for facts and connections on their own. That is the best way to learn is to find it for yourself. Nobody believes what they are told, but experience is the best teacher.

Good Luck. I hope you begin to dig for your own truth. Dont just believe whatever someone else says. ESPECIALLY on the internet...

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow

originally posted by: Nothin

Would you consider the possibility that none of it is: 'The Truth'?

Bingo! The truth is much worse than anything you see on the news.

You know it!
You also know that folks around these parts don't like discussing these things.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Truth is simple.

Hillary and Democrats were in bed with Russians and their proxies. Best way to hide this is to blame the other side and attack.

Dems are in the pocket of Clintons and DNC protects them to the point. When ever agenda shifts towards nailing them, House and Senate start a magnificient circus and opera.

The faster we get HRC behind the bars, faster this joke ends.

And then just keep prosecuting her until her every single crime is accounted for.
edit on 2-5-2019 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2019 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Stallion. Just who told you that you are ''supposed'' to believe either side of this conundrum. For that matter why do you think you are ''supposed'' to believe anything?

Supposed suggests that there is a simple truth that someone else or some undeniable standard wants you to believe.

You beg for help. What little help I might offer is to suggest that you shun any political positions that tell you ''this is what you ''should'' believe.

I don't know what to believe anymore. I don't know who's right and who's wrong..

Likewise, here, we have the ''yes or no'' conundrum. The ''right or wrong''paradox. Somehow this ''either or'' type of thinking permeates western culture which rather than allowing for compromise ,evaluation of other points of view and growth , alienates us into opposing camps.

Edit. Crazy. I thought this thread sounded familiar. Somehow I thought I was pulling this off of the new topic page only to find that some how it came up on my screen and I took it as new. Sorry for the redundancy but I"m leaving it up cuz it sounds like a reasonable addition to the topic.
edit on 31America/ChicagoThu, 23 May 2019 14:32:05 -0500Thu, 23 May 2019 14:32:05 -050019052019-05-23T14:32:05-05:00200000032 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zona
hey Stallionduck,

My question to you is this...Why do you believe what you are told? Don't you hear something stated as fact, then go see if you can verify it yourself? I assume you are interested in coming to your own "truth". ALL politicians lie, obfuscate, deceive. Because all politicians have an agenda.

Honestly I believe very little so everything is a conspiracy

The reason people have to take these chump's word for it is because we can't be everywhere and cant see all the proof so we have to rely on what we're supposed to understand as truth.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

lol

All good. The questions in the OP are rhetorical, really. It's the concept of it all. If we want to know truth, it's not as easy as looking it up, always. The sources may be just as biased and the only way you know for sure is if you were there when it happened. See the impossibility and the issues with trust?

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Nancy pelosi once looked me in the eye and said we have to pass Obamacare in order to know what Obamacare is. At least that’s what is sounded like. She was sucking on her dentures pretty hard but I’m pretty sure what I heard. Why would anyone trust her after that?????

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join