It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Am I Supposed To Believe??? What Is The TRUTH?!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'm going to place this in the Mud-Pit because ultimately, I suspect that before the first page of the post, it'll end up there anyways.

Is anyone else as confused as I am with all of this Barr-Muller-FISA-DiGenova-Brennan-Russia-Democrat-Republican fiasco that's on? It seems like every single headline, one after the other, continually contradicts itself.

Dems: The Muller Report will show that Trump....Guilty/Impeachment!

Reps: The Muller Report will show that Trump....Innocent/Exonerated!

Next Day

Dems: The Russian Evidence will show that Trump....Guilty/Impeachment!

Reps: The Russian Evidence will show that Trump....Innocent/Exonerated!

Next Day

Dems: The Brennan bla bla bla will show that Trump....Guilty/Impeachment!

Reps: The Brennan bla bla bla will show that Trump....Innocent/Exonerated!

Depending on the sources, the evidence changes and the verdict changes.

Even on sources like Drudge, the reader is pointed in so many different directions so they are just as confused as the day before.

I feel like I'm on a merry-go-round and I have no idea where I'm supposed to get off. Is he guilty or not? Does the evidence show collusion or not? SO I ask, ATS... Can anyone present any hard factual evidence for or against this Trump issue? Can't anyone set me straight as to what's really going on? I'm SO confused! I don't know what to believe anymore. I don't know who's right and who's wrong. Everything contradicts the other. I beg!!!! Help me understand where we stand!

WTH is going on round here!?

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

You never get the truth with politicians.

It's pointless trying to find it.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

What this shows is that what TPTB are doing is working as planned. Keep everyone against one another and so confused they don't know what to do.

A governments biggest fear is a united people.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

HRC was supposed to win in 2016.

She didn't and the Democrats can't subpoena God.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Commendable that you can recognize your own confusion with the vast barage of information mixed with dis-information that is flung at us on a daily basis instead of just going ahead and cherry picking the stuff that you think fits with how you believe.
You ask the question how am I supposed to believe. Two things here. Maybe we are not ''supposed'' to believe anything. There are things we ''can'' believe or might believe but thinking about what we are ''supposed'' to believe suggests to me anyway a tendency to follow what others already believe and we might know by now just how that has taken so many away from really thinking for themselves.

Me, I even question the whole idea of believing at all. I look at most of the crazies and they all believe things. The religions that are at war with one another and what do they have in common? They believe. The two opposing political sides in the US, what do they have in common? They both believe. So as an experiment for myself, I try to ''not'' believe but rather simply ''think'' about these issues. It seems to me that belief needs more belief and that means supporting beliefs with more beliefs of the same nature. I will even go so far as to suppose that belief may be our own way of brainwashing ourselves.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalterTilley

What this shows is that what TPTB are doing is working as planned. Keep everyone against one another and so confused they don't know what to do.

These ' TPTB''. Do we suppose that they only work through government or might it be that that supposed group is much broader than the petty example they allow us to see in the form of government. Yes, I think that TPTB work to keep us all one against the other and confused. But as well I do not confine those thoughts to government control. Rather I see that the entire corporate structure of the world is controlling governments and using them as scapgoats for the reall power that controls society.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Can't anyone set me straight as to what's really going on? I'm SO confused! I don't know what to believe anymore. I don't know who's right and who's wrong. Everything contradicts the other. I beg!!!! Help me understand where we stand!

Realize, that the Earth is both day and night, at the same time.

Realize that the gas that makes the propane torche's tip hot is causing
the bottle to get frosty cool, at the same time.

Enjoy your time here..... or hate it.............. Oh, just do both!

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

That the entire thing is a scripted "reality" TV show, designed to distract you and befuddle your mental capacities not unlike following sports stats or the like.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Would you consider the possibility that none of it is: 'The Truth'?

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalterTilley

The word "Gaslighting" that the media loves to use so much... I think that's what all of this is.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Pretty sure that what you are supposed to believe and what is the truth are two completely different things.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Has he been impeached? Charged with a crime? That tells you which side was fake news.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

You are correct! This is exactly what I’ve been trying to say. Thank you for being so clear about it. We live in parallel worlds with different facts and “truths.”

It is in purpose. It is 1984 baby.
We are doomed unless we can get off the Merry go Round.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

playing devils advocate

would that mean has Hilary been charged - fake news?

would that mean Obamma non US birth certificate - fake news?

a lack of conviction can also mean corruption rather than just innocent, politics in 2019 is all about propoganda as it always has been, no party does anything for the society they wish to govern, they do it to further their own interests

My own take is that they all lying and probably a lot more than we can even imagine

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Has he been impeached? Charged with a crime? That tells you which side was fake news.

So if he were to be impeached, and he was (eventually) charged with a crime, would that tell you which side was fake news?

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I really want to help and my best advice is this.

Who to believe? No One on the MSM
Who to trust? No one at all, much less the MSM and the politicians.

Want to be FAR LESS confused and irritated?

STOP WATCHING ANY AND ALL CABLE/SATELLITE TV NEWS OUTLETS!
That's right...........stop looking!

See, here's the deal........none of it matters one bit, not at all, its all a huge stupid scam to draw in eyeballs; its click bait. Nothing will ever come of it. Nothing!

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

The media has been co opted into a propaganda campaign.

Read Muellers actual statement and he says Barr did not misconstrue
or misrepresent his report.

Drudge is in on it too.

The "media" is Deep State ran....

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Sadly the Democrats just don't get it, and
the media plays with those who are desperately
trying to find anything....
edit on 1-5-2019 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I feel the same way. The problem is in trust.

We don't trust our politicians because they lie all the time. We don't trust the media because they bend the truth, distort the facts, and spin the news to meet a certain agenda. We can't trust social media because of Russian bots and this ridiculous "meme" era we live in. (Seriously...people get their news from meme's...it's pathetic).

We can't come to open forum sites like Reddit or even ATS because the tribe mentality that develops within them. A perfect example is the comments section here vs the comments section on Reddit. They are two COMPLETELY different perspectives. They couldn't be any further from each other in terms of ideological placement. Reddit is heavy on the left and if you're centrist or conservative...you'll be attacked from all angles in the comments. ATS is heavy on the right and if your centrist or liberal, you'll get tag-teamed into submission. So...you can't trust open forums either.

We've been raised to not discuss politics at work, at the dinner table, or family gatherings because they always turn ugly. That lack of discussion leads people to hold their truth to preserve the peace and when they do that, quality conversation is bypassed because people can't control their emotions.

Perhaps the biggest culprit is the media, even though we all know we can't trust them. People blindly tune into Fox and CNN or whatever their preferred platform is and they refuse to challenge what they're being told. They take the twisted information and turn it into reality. Then, in conversations with others in person and online, they regurgitate exactly what they hear through their media outlets. And with that, they void themselves of any trust from any critically thinking, independently minded person.

And the Mueller/Barr/Trump situation becomes impossible to translate for yourself because you and I and anyone else who's trying to form their own rational opinion on it are left relatively clueless because there isn't a single shred of information that can be trusted...anywhere...at anytime.

So for me...I try my best to just ignore it all. It'll all pass by at some point. Sometimes I find myself participating in the conversation but it doesn't take long for me to realize that a reasonable outcome is highly unlikely to come of it.

edit on 1-5-2019 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I am just so tired of the circus performances from both sides. We have spent close to 3 years with dancing bears and elephants in the center ring with nothing to show for it.

We have so many issues that must be fixed and CONGRESS has failed to do so. The Treasury Department says this could be the last year we can borrow money, a mounting debt over 20 trillion dollars, an immigration system broken in so many ways, Social Security will be insolvent soon, healthcare, infrastructure, a tax system so confusing that experts have to go back to school every year.

Too many problems to list. No money to fix our problems yet our circus candidates can raise 6 million a day and spend over half a billion between them on one election and nothing ever gets done.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join