It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barr testimony before Senate Judiciary Committee

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dubiousatworst
a reply to: InTheLight

Except they actually do act as such in the case of an impeachment, as after a person is impeached by the House, the Senate tries the defendant. In the case of the President the Chief Justice presides in the trial in the Senate.

At that point, they would have all the documents (unredacted) to allow them to try the defendant fairly.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

In providing the "unredacted" report would barr not be breaking the law?
From what I read and watched the report less grand jury info is available to congress in a scif, tho it appears none of the dems have taken the opportunity to review it.
So no answer about the committee rules allowing for others than senators or representatives?
The word unprecedented has been used for such. Why the need for unprecedented measures when mueller did not recommend any charges against the president or his campaign staff?

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Let's wait to hear from Mueller as to why he had a problem with Barr's summary.

lol
ok now i get it
mueller did not have a problem with barrs summary, mueller had a problem with the media coverage of such.
you are simply confused
whatever msm you subscribe to has lied to you

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: shooterbrody
but 50% of them are lawyers?
was barr to be submitted to practicing lawyers?
I was under the impression he was to testify before the senate judiciary committee?
Do the committees rules allow for people to be questioned by others than the senators?

Again, he should be questioned by seasoned lawyers who know how to play the gobbeldygook game, that is, after reading the unredacted report.

What crime has Barr supposed to have committed? Hearings done by congress are expressly to determine whether to indict someone. Then there will be an actual trial where the accused may be question by a prosecutor and attorneys. While at the same time, the accused may have their own attorneys present to respond.

Poor Mueller, it seems so obvious he was hoping to stay off the Dem radar and left Barr to face the shameful slandering. Now, it is all thrown back on him. The Dems will be crucifying his credentials when he doesn't say what they want him to say?

But hey, Senator Graham is writing to Mueller and requesting him to clarify that too in writing. I imagine it will still not make the Dems happy, especially in the House.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

what trial and what defendants are you referencing?
do you understand that mueller made no recommendation for charges in his report?
do you also understand the AG and deputy AG also made no recommendation for charges?

so what trial are you referencing?

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

In providing the "unredacted" report would barr not be breaking the law?
From what I read and watched the report less grand jury info is available to congress in a scif, tho it appears none of the dems have taken the opportunity to review it.
So no answer about the committee rules allowing for others than senators or representatives?
The word unprecedented has been used for such. Why the need for unprecedented measures when mueller did not recommend any charges against the president or his campaign staff?

How can congress conduct a true and complete investigation of any wrongdoing without the unredacted report?

Wasn't it the Office of Legal Council's recommendations that Mueller followed? That being, that a sitting president cannot stand trial?

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

lol
ok now i get it
mueller did not have a problem with barrs summary, mueller had a problem with the media coverage of such.
you are simply confused
whatever msm you subscribe to has lied to you

I subscribe to not using superficial thinking and knee jerk emotional whining.

The summary was put out to the media in such a way as to confuse.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

How can congress conduct a true and complete investigation of any wrongdoing without the unredacted report?

The report less grand jury info has been provided.
Are you suggesting the grand jury info should be provided to congress? Secret grand jury info?

Wasn't it the Office of Legal Council's recommendations that Mueller followed? That being, that a sitting president cannot stand trial?

Did that tell mueller to not make a recommendation?
Could you reference that specific point in the OLC recommendations for me, I missed that?

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

How do you not understand that the Mueller report is the results of an investigation?

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

The report less grand jury info has been provided.
Are you suggesting the grand jury info should be provided to congress? Secret grand jury info?

Did that tell mueller to not make a recommendation?
Could you reference that specific point in the OLC recommendations for me, I missed that?

If a sitting president can not stand trial, what would be the point of charging him with suspected obstruction of justice? For the s***ts and giggles?

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

The summary was put out to the media in such a way as to confuse.

That is simply your opinion.
No recommendations to charge were made.
The rest is spin.
You don't like the spin, I can understand and sympathize with that.
There is no confusion in the fact that no recommendations to charge were made by mueller, and none made by the AG and Deputy AG.

Or are you questioning the AG's authority to do such?

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

How do you not understand that the Mueller report is the results of an investigation?

Well, if congress feels the need to further hearings then let's hear a longer unconfusing summary from the horses mouth.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

If a sitting president can not stand trial, what would be the point of charging him with suspected obstruction of justice? For the s***ts and giggles?

Who said such?
Point me to the SCOTUS decision of such please?

Mueller could have recommended charges, and the President could stand criminal trial for them after his term.
Or the congress can impeach him.

Mueller seems to have failed you.
Too bad it seems Barr is being held accountable for what mueller did not do.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Squirrel!!

Happy flooded basement Thursday

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Who said such?

Mueller could have recommended charges, and the President could stand criminal trial for them after his term.

From what I can ascertain from the Barr hearing, is that his summary basically lied to the American people as to the true state of affairs here. Enter Mueller to clarify or not, we shall see.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Who said such?

From what I can ascertain from the Barr hearing, is that his summary basically lied to the American people as to the true state of affairs here. Enter Mueller to clarify or not, we shall see.

Barr did not lie. He summarized Mueller's 19page summary down to 4 pages. Using Mueller's own words in attempt to appease Congress and America why conclusions were made. Then he released the full 448 page report that included those same 19page summaries.

The only ones lying to America right now are the Democrats in Congress and the liberal media. It is shameful.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Who said such?

Where was the lie? I will wait

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Patriot89

Who said such?

Is misleading someone akin to lying to them?

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Who said such?

Nice deflection, what exactly was misleading? I will wait for you to go check CNN for an answer lol

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Who said such?

Nice deflection, what exactly was misleading? I will wait for you to go check CNN for an answer lol

I am waiting for Mueller's explanation.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join