It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Diaz-Balart says Russia Has Placed Nuclear Weapons in Venezuela.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 03:04 AM
link   
May 1, 2019

From the Tucker Carlson (FoxNews) show tonight:

Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart, R-Fla., appeared on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” Tuesday and made a case for backing opposition to disputed Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro, and stating that Russia has installed nuclear missiles in the South American nation.

“Imagine if this regime that now is receiving a lot of international pressure survives, is it or is it not potentially a green light, an open door for the Russians and for the Chinese and for others to increase their activity against our national security interest right here in our hemisphere, “Diaz-Balart told Carlson.

“The United States, the closest we ever came to nuclear war was because the Russians put missiles, right, nuclear missiles in Cuba,” Diaz-Balart said.

“Are you saying the Russians will put nuclear missiles in Venezuela?” Carlson asked.

“What I am suggesting is that they are already there,” Diaz-Balart said.

Russia famously landed a nuclear-capable bomber in the country late last year and recently confirmed that it has military personnel in the country.
More at: www.foxnews.com...

Also, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was interviewed by Brett Baier (FoxNews) this evening. Mr. Pompeo said Venezuela's illegitimate President, Nicolas Maduro, was recently preparing to give up power and move to Cuba. But Russia convinced him to stay where he is, as President.

When asked, "What promise or enticement did Russia give Maduro, to make him change his mind?

The usual calm and cool Pompeo sharply replied, "I will not go into that, Brett!" That was the first time I've seen Mike Pompeo get emotional like that.

"Something" big has disrupted the plan to replace Nicolas Maduro with who the people want, Juan Guaido.

What are the ramifications, if Russia has given Maduro some kind of tactical Nuclear Weapons? Or is storing Nuclear Weapons in Venezuela for their own (Russia's) potential use? Which would the United States view as more "destabilizing" and dangerous?

-CareWeMust

edit on 5/1/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on May, 1 2019 @ 03:09 AM
link   
After Iraq, Libya and Syria... I cannot see Russia coming to the conclusion that nuclear war with the USA is the next step.

Putin isn't some psychopathic leader - he's appeared to be the more level headed world leader this past decade.

Yes, he has his faults, like all leaders.. but nuclear war?... he certainly isn't that dumb.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

He might have given Maduro a couple of battlefield Nukes, to entice him to stay in Venezuela?

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Agit8dChop

He might have given Maduro a couple of battlefield Nukes, to entice him to stay in Venezuela?

Or someone is lying to you in the US, not the first or last time that same ridiculous lie is used, remember? If i know it happened you must remember in detail when it happened, you must do

Lies and war, such beautiful, much death.. Wow!

edit on 1-5-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Malisa

It wasn't an anonymous someone who said this. Feel free to READ the article. I'll paste it here for you again, so you don't have to scroll up and find it.

LINK TO ARTICLE: www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

aaaannnnnddddd is there any PROOF or EVIDENCE of this CLAIM we supposed to believe when they offier nothing more than a CLAIM just like we have been expected to believe the govt CLAIMS of 911, Las Vegas, Sandy Hook, Charlie Hebdo, the 711 bombings and others.

Lets say its true

What evidence is not a case of this. -

John Perkins's Confessions of an Economic Hit Man.

John Perkins describes his career convincing heads of state to adopt economic policies that impoverished their countries and undermined democratic institutions. These policies helped enrich tiny local elite group's while padding the pockets of US based translational corporations.

What evidence is there that this is NOT just the last event in the closing stages of an economic hit on Venezuela. I spose Iran will be next or will they continue their economic hit on other south American countries

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   

I'm glad the truth is finally out. I mean isn't it clear that Russia, and China, North Korea, South Korea, that cat lady who lives at the end of my street, the shop owner who keeps claiming to be sold out of my favourite fizzy drink all have Nukes in Venezuela. Just like Saddam had them, just like Russia hacked into the DNC and released them, just like the fact that Russia has been helping Trump since the early eighties (CNN the home of truth)...what? That's all BS? How dare you! How dare you say it isn't true what are you demanding proof? You don't need proof, you have to trust my sources, who I cannot name and the evidence these invisible sources uh I mean unnamed sources have shown me.

You think you're entitled to the evidence lol what d'you think this is some sort of democracy?

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart, R-Fla. is going to say whatever appeases his constituents or leads them to believe he is appeasing them. Id imagine he has a large population of voters interested in how this mess turns out. Thus this representative might not be the best judge on happenings there

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Their goes the media once again with their series of actors spewing bullcrap while making someone out as a criminal if they don't want to submit to the NWO,leave them the F*** alone

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   

First of all Maduro didn't leave and never intended to, Guaido's big coup were 20 soldiers. That hardly scares the most paranoid nut.
And secondly in Iraq we had Bush and Rumsfeld lying about WMD, fool me once... also look at how the statement was made, this is just not believable at all.
Plus of course Pompeo reacted that way, what else could he say? "Despite all our efforts Guaido blew this one big time."
And on top of that G. is not the choice of the people, he never was elected just declared interimspresident to oversee elections, something he never accomplished to do.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I’m glad I checked for your thread first Care. I read that article and poked around a little bit. Russian nuclear weapons in Venezuela are a near certainty .

This is a article from December 2018. The Russians deployed two TU 160 nuclear capable bombers to Venezuela . Most of the media just mentioned the landing. As far as I’ve heard no one covered them leaving. They can carry six kh 101/102 nuclear cruise missiles or 12 kh 15’s nuclear cruise missiles which are near hypersonic .

After reading this article I’m pretty damn sure it’s not a maybe. I would be willing to bet there are Russian nuclear cruise missiles in Venezuela.

It’s setting up eerily like the Cuban missile crisis. Putin might’ve been able to pull it off under Obama. But I don’t think Trump is going to blink.

As a tell I’m gonna watch for Mattis showing up at the White House or department of defense .

militarywatchmagazine.com... ombers-in-caracas
edit on 1-5-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Malisa

It wasn't an anonymous someone who said this. Feel free to READ the article. I'll paste it here for you again, so you don't have to scroll up and find it.

LINK TO ARTICLE: www.foxnews.com...

And they don't have to be some anonymous tinfoil nutter to still blow smoke up asses, either.

Venezuela doesn't have nukes parked there. Every other country on the continent we have our fingers in would bumrush over their way if they DID.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

They left in December.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Didn’t see that thank you for the update.

Is there a possibility they left something behind ?

Edit

Apparently more came back in January .

January of this year, at a distance of less than 2,800 miles from the United States, several Tupolev TU-160—Russian strategic bombers capable of carrying nuclear weapons—remained in Venezuela to perform joint military exercises with the armed forces of that country. Nicolas Maduro’s regime, with its strong political ties to Russia, China, Turkey, Syria, Cuba and Iran, has become a focus of political instability in Latin America. Additionally, the world’s largest reserves of crude oil (as certified by OPEC), and important reserves of gold, bauxite, iron, coal, diamonds and rare minerals such as coltan (appreciated in the electronics industry) have made Venezuela an important new geopolitical objective, for both allies and enemies.

areomagazine.com...
edit on 1-5-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Sure it's possible the commonly accepted story was they picked something up.

Besides even if they'd have left behind nukes what would Venezuela do with them? Throw them? At whom?
edit on 1-5-2019 by Peeple because: add

About that article you linked that was written in March and could be wrong. "Several" TU-160 would have gathered attention and that's the only time it was mentioned and without source.
edit on 1-5-2019 by Peeple because: Another add

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Actually I looked around some more. I can get the basics but I’m sure zap or someone else could fill in the details .

The TU 160 isn’t the only platform that can launch cruise missiles . The KH 102 can be launch from a SU 34 fighter bomber. ( maybe other types of aircraft ) I don’t know if there’s any Su 34s in Venezuela. But I suspect there are some in Cuba. Russia announced re-opening a military base there in December 2018.

I don’t know if there is a launch capable platform in Venezuela . But for me there are to many dots starting to lineup. To be dismissive .

Especially when a congressman says something that frightening .

Hopefully it’s all just push back for what NATO has done in Eastern Europe .

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

It seems like the only way some people can deal with anything is to make it a big joke. That seems to be the theme around here, jokes are us.

I'd like to see the looks on any one of your faces if OP was correct. The situation in Venezuela is changing all of the time. There is clearly Russian involvement there, the question is to what extent..I'd watch closely what cards get played next.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   
From the mouth of a Congressman. Gotta be 100% knowledgeable, ethical and honest. No sensationalism on his part.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Russian nuclear weapons in Venezuela are a near certainty .

Because some nuclear capable bombers flew there? That's quite the leap.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Maduro is illegitimate? Wasnt he elected?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join