It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump threatens to embargo Cuba .

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

" not sure what Cuba has to embargo "

Ah , Communism ? Duh ?

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Venezooela is going to be a tough problem to solve.

There's already 20,000 Cuban troops there 😧

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Wardaddy454

You mean escape to Cuba?
That makes this a bit more interesting if so.

Heard it on Bret Baier's show a few minutes ago.

So if true, you may want to reconsider your Trump voter attacks, and discuss this potential development for the embargo.

Ya, I try to be fair, maybe a bit over the top sometimes. You have to admit, some supporters here will give anything said no thought. I do recognise that some do give it plenty of thought, and disagree with a policy.
As for embargo's..not thinking they are very effective, especially with Cuba..they are used to it.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

The US is the fifth largest exporter to Cuba. There’s been a embargo in place for decades but it was limited and didn’t include most agricultural products .

In 2015 we exported a total of $180 million to Cuba which was down from 2014 . $150 million of that was agricultural products .

In 2016 Obama eased restrictions for trading with Cuba . Exports rose to $247 million in 2016, $270 million in 2017 and about the same in 2018 .

The embargo won’t be a slamdunk on food supplies the amounts we export doesn’t even sound like much . Unless you consider it’s a nation of only 11 million people . It might not hurt a lot but it will hurt some.

The increase in trade was helping was Cuba get back on its feet.

A new full embargo could delay that or even kneecap the potential growth .

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

The VZ sanctions are highly targeted:

www.state.gov...

I highly recommend you read through those.

Secondly, you need to learn to read a chart. The monthly import of VZ oil dropped 59% between January and February of 2019.

The VAST majority of VZ targeted sanctions occurred in 2019.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

The VZ sanctions are highly targeted:

www.state.gov...

I highly recommend you read through those.

Secondly, you need to learn to read a chart. The monthly import of VZ oil dropped 59% between January and February of 2019.

The VAST majority of VZ targeted sanctions occurred in 2019.

Looks great on paper.

I'll be back in a month to teach you how to read a chart.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

That's pretty obvious being the US/NWO is trying to force Venezuela to submit,to dash their dreams of being self reliant and free thinking,can't get rich that way,Russia has been an allie for years,I'd be real nervous living in Florida about now,could use an old catapult to launch a nuke this is real,US has attempted several coups all have failed,time to bring to big toys out,doesn't bode well,plus China Pakistan,Iran and a host of other world powers,lines have been drawn and we are headed towards emminant disaster with polar reversal loss of magnetosphere,be worried people looks like the future isn't so bright and the powers to be know this,just like in 1800's

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Well when it comes to Trump He is has been effective .
a embargo on Cuba ? Russians ?? forget 1984 think 1962
Problem is its 2019 and the nuks have gotten much much bigger .

Lord seams we cant learn from the past .
So world state Venezuela - Oil - coop Cuba - Russians - embargo
Iran - Strait of Hormuz
Looks like someone wants oil prices to rise and is willing to risk ww 3 to do it . Now who could have that motivation .

Trump is being used as a pawn as well . Thous in power love the guy no president has been better at distracting the masses then him . So if this does blwo up in there face just who takes the fall >

Mean wile tune in at 11 on more TRUMP and the wall .

Dam to bad I really hoped the guys rudeness I am a bad ass attitude would work .
There is a storm coming and it is not named Trump .

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

In the opening part of your post. You spoke of Geo politics and left out what the people of Venezuela want .

Do you know what the differences between the US vs China, Russia, Germany, France, UK and the low lands are ?

It’s called Monroe Doctorine, that’s why since 1823. We’ve never fought a war in North America.

I’d like to keep it that way .

wouldn’t you ?

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Bone75

Cuba was the United States' 127th largest goods export market in 2015.

U.S. goods exports to Cuba in 2015 were $180 million, down 40% ($119 million) from 2014 and down 51% from 2005.

The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2015 were: meat ($78 million), food waste, animal feed ($44 million), miscellaneous grain, seeds, fruit ($22 million), miscellaneous chemical products ($13 million), and inorganic chemicals ($9 million).

U.S. exports of agricultural products to Cuba totaled $150 million in 2015. Leading categories include: poultry ($78 million), soybean meal ($55 million), soybeans ($10 million), corn ($5 million), and dairy products ($412 thousand).

So we're going to starve them into compliance... awesome.

What happened to making America great again?

They can still trade with other nations, as always...

Just like Venezuela?

Yup.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

That's pretty obvious being the US/NWO is trying to force Venezuela to submit,to dash their dreams of being self reliant and free thinking,can't get rich that way,Russia has been an allie for years,I'd be real nervous living in Florida about now,could use an old catapult to launch a nuke this is real,US has attempted several coups all have failed,time to bring to big toys out,doesn't bode well,plus China Pakistan,Iran and a host of other world powers,lines have been drawn and we are headed towards emminant disaster with polar reversal loss of magnetosphere,be worried people looks like the future isn't so bright and the powers to be know this,just like in 1800's

What? People have been starving down there, and its reached critical mass. They held an election, the other guy won, and Maduro wants to hang on to power like the little despot he is.

You need to take a chill pill.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

BS.

What happens when March shows another drop?

It went from 19.5 million barrels to 8 million barrels between January and February of 2019.

If you apply your source's statistical analysis tool you can even see a graphical representation of the drop.

The blue line will illustrate this in case pictures are more your thing.

See that 59% drop in oil imports? That's not 15 million barrels. That's 8 million barrels. The previous month had 19.5 million barrels.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join