It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A reminder about who helped the US economy grow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

A few months ago, when the stock market was fluttering, I did a thread asking when does Trump get to claim the economy? Of course I was schooled by the left as to how things take time, and Obama's policies were the driving force behind the strong economic growth. But an interesting thing was decided by the instructors there. A 2 year time frame was established. After 2 years, the policies of the predecessor should be phased out and whatever is left, would be a result of the incumbent.

So here we are, with a fresh 3.2GDP, some good numbers for economy as a whole, and Trump has passed his 2 years of "riding Obama's coat tails" for such a great economy. The myth that all this is Obama's work coming to fruition can now be laughed at for the joke it was and is. The big question at this point with the election approaching, is do American's want the economy to change? Are things not going in a good direction? What policies will the left champion to thwart Trump's obvious gains in this department?

A congratulations to Trump for making the economy stronger is in order, even if you don't like him. It's good news that he isn't owned by Russia, even if you don't like him. He is the elected president of the United States, even if you don't like him. The left had better come up with some really good message, and by good, I mean better than "orange man bad", or it's possible that the roaring economy will propel Trump into another 4 years.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Imagine how much better it would be without all the BS illegal investigations that are seemingly always going on against Trump. Imagine how much better off we'd be if they'd just get out of his @#^%!& way.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Don't forget, Trump's economy is doing this while the Fed raises rates. Obama couldn't even do it with a flat .25% fed tax rate along with trillions pumped into the stock market.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Imagine how much better it would be if wages kept up with CEO income.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

A congratulations to Trump for making the economy stronger is in order, even if you don't like him.

I would have thought congratulations to the American public for spending actual money to reinvigorate the economy, but if Trump needs more praise go for it, most people have a favorite and continue to heap praise on them, so why not.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Is that a government issue or a business issue?

What does that have to do with Trump? The US should not regulate that. At most, only the State should have that ability, not the federal government. This is an act of greedy businesses that need WE THE PEOPLE to survive. Looks like that's a job for 'WE THE PEOPLE', not the government. We're feeding that beast.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Everyone should blame Hilary for the 2016 election.

You had a choice between :
1. Bernie who got rigged out of his election.
2. Hilary who is crazy and will start WW3 against NK.
3. Trump rich con man who is more neutral than anyone in the republican party
4. Cruz who has no idea what he is doing and under corporate influence.

edit on 30-4-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

originally posted by: network dude

A congratulations to Trump for making the economy stronger is in order, even if you don't like him.

I would have thought congratulations to the American public for spending actual money to reinvigorate the economy, but if Trump needs more praise go for it, most people have a favorite and continue to heap praise on them, so why not.

we the people were here during Obama's 8 years, but it took a change in leadership to see the changes we have.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

100% government.

Just look at what happened to wages when Reagan enacted his economic policies. And again when Bush II enacted the same economic policies. And we're seeing the same trend now since Trump enacted the same economic policies.

But hey! If you want to throw some more regulations at private businesses, that probably works as well.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

100% government.

Just look at what happened to wages when Reagan enacted his economic policies. And again when Bush II enacted the same economic policies. And we're seeing the same trend now since Trump enacted the same economic policies.

But hey! If you want to throw some more regulations at private businesses, that probably works as well.

YOu have made zero sense here.

If you think the government is responsible, then you are (by virtue) saying that we need to throw more regulations at businesses. StallionDuck is saying the opposite.

So yoru little jab at the end of your post missed, and you ended up socking yourself in the nose.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I dont think any president controls the economy by themselves but I do think their leadership directly effects the investors that do control the economy.

Obama made investors nervous
Trump makes them confident

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I dont think any president controls the economy by themselves but I do think their leadership directly effects the investors that do control the economy.

Obama made investors nervous
Trump makes them confident

+1.

There is only so much control a President has over the economy. However, the President sets the tone for the economy. There is nothing that businesses hate more than UNCERTAINTY. Obama had a lackluster recovery because all the regulations pushed by his bureaucracy (particularly Dodd-Frank and ACA) created a lot of uncertainty.

Trump has largely been trying to roll back regulations and creating a positive atmosphere for business whether it is tax policy or pushing for capital investment here in the US. As a result, business feel more confident in making large investments and expanding. Of course, this trickles down to the workers as they look to hire people.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Anyone, good or bad, can do great works.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Wages have risen at a greater rate since the Great Recession under Trump.

www.cnbc.com...
edit on 4/30/2019 by DJMSN because: Corrections

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The economy is doing well now.

But I'm a bit worried about the incurred debt that Trump has added.

I hope that in Trumps second term that he actively tries to pay down that debt.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
A boring dystopia.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Compare the economy GWB left for Obama to the economy Obama left to Trump. That's where the interesting analysis lies.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

So many people forget bush warning against the housing bubble but barnie Frank insisted Fannie and freddie were sound.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Compare the economy GWB left for Obama to the economy Obama left to Trump. That's where the interesting analysis lies.

Serious question... what exactly did Bush do (or his actual policies) that resulted in the housing market imploding?

Most tend to go back to Graham-Leachy act that broke down Glass-Stegall resulting in investment banks, consumer banks, and insurance companies merging to become the massive behemoths that we have now as the beginning of the risk taking. Bill Clinton signed this into law tens years prior....

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reminder the one good Trump did. all bad things not his fault. i.e. the now irreparable debt, hate crimes, extremists , drug flood, deregulation, "the coal" industry's collapse, car, motorcycle manufacturer going abroad because of a trade war

where are all the Japanese billionaires and Chinese billionaires bringing manufacturing jobs to America?
edit on 30-4-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join