It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not SR-71 Blackbird

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
- So is this a mock-up of a next gen Blackbird to help sell the Honda Bike? If its a mock-up I would still like some more pictures of it??? But I cant find any.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I would like to see some more pictures if anybody knows where to look. That looks pretty cool. Things like this make me wonder, why don't we make them? I see so many cool concepts on this site and others that might or might not exist, but if they don't they should. The only problem is the money, not enough to make everything unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by para
The airplane itself almost appears to be an MD-21 (would explain the strange shape behind the cockpit), however the landing gear does not appear to be from an SR-71 or A-12. Perhaps there were prototypes built to test the D-21 that had modified gear configurations?

I have great doubt that unless the MD-21 was seriously modified to give the appearance of the initial picture or the clarified one by member Murcielago, that picture does not represent the MD-21 or D-21, for that matter.

Link:
Museum of Flight

Link:
Lockheed D-21

ATS past topic thread on these:
SR-71 Blackbird #17968

The picture as posted by Murcielago:

BTW: the aircraft in question is resting on one wheel per rear landing gear(s), not two or three....one wheel per (looks to have two on the front landing gear).

seekerof

[edit on 3-3-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I was wondering why nobody was posting pics of the drone...

Honda ad, that's cute, hehe...and seemingly on the money...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Yeah, I missed the Honda link before I posted, interesting advertising campaign.

Seekerof - I was taking shots in the dark, that was the first thing that came to my mind. Also of note is the fact that the center v-stab on the Honda airplane sits higher than the one on the D-21. It seemed possible to me that it could be a low-angle shot of and MD-21 since the D-21 sits at an angle on top of the airplane, the dark area behind the cockpit could be the underside of the drone.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Para,
I wasn't indicating that you were stating that the picture was the MD-21 or D-21. I merely quoted the portion I did to emphasis that indeed the photo was not either.

As to the angle of the shot and the underside of the drone, I also highly doubt that being that the drone sits up higher than the angle of the shot. Look at how high the drone sits up on the above two pictures I posted.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
As to the angle of the shot and the underside of the drone, I also highly doubt that being that the drone sits up higher than the angle of the shot. Look at how high the drone sits up on the above two pictures I posted.

seekerof

Good point.

I wonder if thing actually flies? It looks pretty cheezy from the shots taken with the mototrcycle, and I doubt if flies under it's own power (that would be a pretty expensive marketing campaign!), but it would be interesting to tow it behind something and see if it is capable of gliding at all.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Have you alos noticed that one of the engines points slighty downward? The Blackbirds topmounted housings were altered, poorly.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
THe landing gear come from the Boeing bird of prey..... Just thought I would add my piece. I am reasonably sure that is where they came from anyway, if not whatever they came from is strikingly similar.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRanchMan
Have you alos noticed that one of the engines points slighty downward? The Blackbirds topmounted housings were altered, poorly.

Your saying its a photoshopped Blackbird...WHY? If you were to read both pages you would see that the mystery has being cracked...Its only to help boost Honda sales.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sugarlump
THe landing gear come from the Boeing bird of prey..... Just thought I would add my piece. I am reasonably sure that is where they came from anyway, if not whatever they came from is strikingly similar.

again, READ. its allready being busted.

and for the record, the Bird of Prey has one wheel on the front landing gear...this "prop" jet has two.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
It would be a cool evolution of the sr-71 with the linear aerospike engine. Too bad it's an advertising campaign.

Here are some more pictures

[edit on 9-3-2005 by noyhcat]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Ago, gosh calm down. We know that it is a Honda thingy. We Just wanted to get our two cents in.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The gear doors and general shape of this "morph" look suspiciously like the global hawk uav was one of the pictures used in the recipe to me. As an aside I am in total agreement with the position that ultra advanced secret unacknowledged aircraft are part of the US arsenal. As I recall the SR-71 family began testing in the early '60s. I find it difficult to believe that aerospace progress has stood still since. Since when did Americans ever say " yep.....that's fast enough....no need to make something faster?"

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by youre1st
The gear doors and general shape of this "morph" look suspiciously like the global hawk uav was one of the pictures used in the recipe to me. As an aside I am in total agreement with the position that ultra advanced secret unacknowledged aircraft are part of the US arsenal. As I recall the SR-71 family began testing in the early '60s. I find it difficult to believe that aerospace progress has stood still since. Since when did Americans ever say " yep.....that's fast enough....no need to make something faster?"

I think when we found out that at a certain speed, people die without certain protection.

Anyways, yea, awsome Super Blackbird! Looks Honda flew over the competition on this one.

I had no idea there was an MD-21, anymore information?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I think when we found out that at a certain speed, people die without certain protection.

Actually I'm pretty sure that with the right pressure suit and protection a pilot can withstand flying an aircraft into the hypersonic realm. I'm guessing any secret spy plane the U.S. would have would be hypersonic probably around Mach 5-7, again with the proper protection and gear I think a pilot can withstand those speeds.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CmptrN3rd5
Maybe its a mini-blackbird? Meant for fighting and light bombing?

i problem with that. the sr71 is a recon plane. it has no bombing capabilities. i believe it a mergence of the blackbird and another aircraft. the engine pods on the wings come down too far, so i believe that they could be MOABs or some other bomb on a fighter aircraft and the artist has been unable to delete it. but thats just my opinion

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Actually I'm pretty sure that with the right pressure suit and protection a pilot can withstand flying an aircraft into the hypersonic realm. I'm guessing any secret spy plane the U.S. would have would be hypersonic probably around Mach 5-7, again with the proper protection and gear I think a pilot can withstand those speeds.

Did I not state "without certain protection"? Yea, all that you said, falls under that category, don't worry, I'm trying to account for all possibilities.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
There WAS an MD-21, which was the Blackbird with the drone attached, however there was never a successful launch of the drone. There were, I believe, three attempts, one resulting in the loss of both aircraft, and two resulting in the loss of the drone, and the near loss of the SR71.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Defenetly not...
Good thinking BTW...
It's not a blackbird because it nly has got one "backtail"... please tell me if you find other interesting pictures...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join