It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump sues Deutsche Bank, Capital One to block House subpoenas

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: SailorJerry

I would be fine if he was indicted IN office if there was any actual wrong doing against the interests of the American people and how our republic functions.

Against DOJ policy, so probably not going to happen. But you're OK with crimes which may have been committed in or out of office?

Thats not what I said was it? In fact, I even stated if he was guilty of anything that undermined the interests of the US, or the republic, thats not hard to grasp.

Im quite aware of your game, and trying to goalpost move isnt going to work with me, im in my 60s im not stupid, try fishing with someone else

edit on 30-4-2019 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Thats not what I said was it?
I didn't say it was. I was asking for clarification.
Will you provide it?

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Thats not what I said was it?
I didn't say it was. I was asking for clarification.
Will you provide it?

What more clarification do you need, it was a direct answer to a direct question. No what you want to do is try to spin a "what if" narrative, move on its not going to work with me.

Youre using the wrong bait for this old catfish

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

Are they governed under the Federal Reserve?
Yes.

A German bank in Germany is governed under the Federal Reserve? I mean, the head of Germany doesn't exactly like Trump, he would probably say go right ahead and give the info to the Democrats.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   

You specified

wrong doing found against the interests of the American people and how our republic functions

That's a bit ambiguous. I don't really consider bank fraud, for example, to be "against the interests of the American people and how our republic functions" but it is certainly a crime.

If you had just said, "committed a crime" it would have been more clear.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   

A German bank in Germany is governed under the Federal Reserve?
Is that the bank to which he provided documents?

In any case, I'm pretty sure Capital One is USA, all the way.

Suing the banks to block the subpoenas? Sounds like a desperate move. If the banks refuse the subpoenas, then what? Subject themselves to Contempt of Congress? Get fined 10 times what Trump is claiming? Jail?

edit on 4/30/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

If this is the same instance I read about a month or so ago, it was an overseas bank. I am not sure whether this is in regards to the same thing I was reading about back then.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Politically-motivated grasping for straws.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   

That's a bit ambiguous. I don't really consider bank fraud, for example, to be "against the interests of the American people and how our republic functions" but it is certainly a crime.

That wasnt what you asked, what you asked was

Would you be ok with him being indicted when he's out of office?

To which my reply was

I would be fine if he was indicted IN office if there was any actual wrong doing found against the interests of the American people and how our republic functions.

Again youre trying to move goal posts and conflate, knowing full well the whole objective of the left is to try and find ANYTHING they can, true or not to impeach or besmirch Trump.

As I said, youre using the wrong bait, the circular BS doesnt work w me

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Big businessmen do shady deals often, banks seem to want their business so just want paperwork to show things are ok to give the loan. It is not like either of us going to a bank for a loan, if the person has a good credit history, they may do a little overextending if they feel it will be paid. It is who you know and your net worth that is the main thing. Is this committee actually overstepping it's boundaries because there does not seem to be adequate proven evidence to justify the subpoena? This would come under the same laws that governs all citizens, this happened before he was president. That committee is not a court, they would have to go through the Justice department to get the subpena, because I do not think that they do not have the authority in this case.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Don't you know you're supposed to take the bobber all the way down ?

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Again youre trying to move goal posts and conflate, knowing full well the whole objective of the left is to try and find ANYTHING they can, true or not to impeach or besmirch Trump.
Again youre trying to move goal posts and conflate

No. My question had nothing to do with any of that, nor did I mention impeachment. I asked about indictment after he left office. An indictment requires evidence of a crime. It seems that you have clarified your position though, I guess.

As far as besmirching Trump, he doesn't need any help with that.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Big businessmen do shady deals often, banks seem to want their business so just want paperwork to show things are ok to give the loan.

Bank fraud is a crime.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Again youre trying to move goal posts and conflate

No. My question had nothing to do with any of that, nor did I mention impeachment. I asked about indictment after he left office. An indictment requires evidence of a crime.

As far as besmirching Trump, he doesn't need any help with that.

you asked me direct questions, i gave you direct answers.

The problem is you werent able to bait me like you do to so many others.

As far as the besmirching, that , again wasnt in question was it? because thats not what you asked me.

Your hubris is your weakest link.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   

The problem is you werent able to bait me like you do to so many others into some circular bs.
Just exactly do you think I was baiting you to do or say?

As far as the besmirching, that , again wasnt in question was it? because thats not what you asked me.
I know, you're the one who mentioned it.

Your hubris is your weakest link.
Ad hom. Cool.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Big businessmen do shady deals often, banks seem to want their business so just want paperwork to show things are ok to give the loan.

Bank fraud is a crime.

Feel free to prove Bank fraud if you have something no one else does as far as information.

I find it interesting that with all your intelligence you have fallen into the same trap of "by any means" just because you dont like someone, even if its not true.

Much like how a serial killer gets caught because they think they are so smart.

Maybe you need a break.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Feel free to prove Bank fraud if you have something no one else does as far as information.

Sure, I'll just issue my own subpoenas to the banks.

I find it interesting that with all your intelligence you have fallen into the same trap of "by any means" just because you dont like someone, even if its not true.
Tell me, where did I say anything about trapping anyone by any means? I pointed out the absurdity of Trump's suit and the legal theory behind the House subpoenas.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Just exactly do you think I was baiting you to do or say?

You tell me, you seem to be accusing me of not answering a question you apparently didnt ask.

I know, you're the one who mentioned it.

Another fairy-tale that didnt happen, but it gives more insight into how your method works

Ad hom. Cool.

Or a long term observation , whichever makes it digestible

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Another fairy-tale that didnt happen,

Um...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You first mentioned impeachment. You first mentioned besmirchment.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Sure, I'll just issue my own subpoenas to the banks.

Ahh so another "situation" just made up, again like i said.

Tell me, where did I say anything about trapping anyone by any means? I pointed out the absurdity of Trump's suit and the legal theory behind the House subpoenas.

You dont really read your own responses in full with context do you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join