It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump sues Deutsche Bank, Capital One to block House subpoenas

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   
are there no more sane government officials left in our government?

what, at this point, difference does Trump's finances make?

the 'dems' are indeed a bunch of mentalists. (so are the reds..)

whom would this information benefit and why?
where's our yellow vest movement? this farce has gone long enough.
people don't realize that there are no winners in all of this. Trump, pelosi, AOC, Barr, Trump's kids; all of them will be swimming in piles of cash with the best medical care at their disposal, and 0 worries of some nut job unloading a few rounds at their favorite place of worship, they have security coming out the ying yang.

President Donald Trump and his family are suing Deutsche Bank and Capital One to block subpoenas issued by House Democrats seeking Trump’s financial records.
In the federal lawsuit filed Monday in New York, Trump’s lawyers argued that the subpoenas serve “no legitimate or lawful purpose.”
"The subpoenas were issued to harass President Donald J. Trump, to rummage through every aspect of his personal finances, his businesses, and the private information of the President and his family, and to ferret about for any material that might be used to cause him political damage,” the lawsuit contends. "No grounds exist to establish any purpose other than a political one.”

how can the "Dems" subpoena for financial records based solely on political motives?

why exactly? to reveal what? what dont people already know? Trump had shady dealings as a failed billionaire- fine.

how does this revelation helps America?
instead of collaboration on healthcare, border security, a solution to some new found romantic ideology for Mass murders using guns (we're still #1), social security, insatiable lust for hard drugs (stop blaming Mexico; it's just supply and demand)
things to help Americans, they instead pit us against each other with non-stop nonsensical tripe of no value to our crumbling society.

link

edit on 29-4-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Suing the bank to block a subpoena from Congress?
What?

how can the "Dems" subpoena for financial records based solely on political motives?
Since Cohen testified before Congress that false documents had been submitted to the bank, they can obtain those records for verification.

edit on 4/29/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Suing the bank to block a subpoena from Congress?
What?

yea... it's a made for Netflix TV drama...only this is real life

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   

how does this revelation helps America?

instead put us against each other with non stop nonsensical tripe of no value to our crumbling society.

Because thats the objective, destroy and lay waste to everything standing, no solutions means absolute breakdown. Because they know if the constitution and operation of that Republic stand, they CANNOT see their goals to fruition.

Scorched earth and destruction of the very foundation is the goal.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

That's nothing. This one has drugs, sex and more! Best movie ever.

Kealoha

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   

The orange madman sues anything. I'd bet he sues his own butt!
edit on 29-4-2019 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The information that has been subpeonaed is none of the congressional committees business. that is a foreign bank, unless Trump broke a law on one of our federal banks, it is not illegal here in America. Our banks are regulated by our governments, other countries regulate what their banks do. If I wanted to borrow money from a foreign bank, I would follow the rules of their country and their bank, I would not have to follow American banks rules if I borrowed from them.

So, anything that congressional committee finds would be irrelevant anyway. I think they just want to dig up dirt on trump even though no American law was broken. They are just trying to discredit Trump, but this is bad, lots of billionaires do business with foreign banks and if they all pull out of the USA because our government is going Hulu, what is going to happen to America after all the money leaves? They supply a lot of jobs here, they may decide to just abandon this country if we start changing laws midstream and go retroactive with charges. This is going to set some very bad precedence in our country.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Do you think foreign banks which operate in the US are exempt from US law?

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

The orange madman sues anything. I'd bet he sues his own butt!

I heard he lost that case..

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Sue the Sons of Bitches !!!!! 😃

Schmutzige Bastarde 😆

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Do you think foreign banks which operate in the US are exempt from US law?

Are they governed under the Federal Reserve? That is the question that we need to know to evaluate this. Do they have the same regulations as American banks is another. If I remember right, the bank was overseas that they are talking about, I think it was an overseas project Trump was involved in.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Colluding with Russians wasn't enough for the Left. Now they're colluding with Foreign corporations to bring down our President.

This is not a laughing matter.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Trump has to defend against everything thrown at him.

If he doesn't start defending now, it will make it harder to defend later.

This is the best legal method to prepare for the illegal "search till we find a crime" agenda of the House.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Are they governed under the Federal Reserve?
Yes.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The Fed?

Or the IMF?

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Both, probably. But there is this (2017):

The Federal Reserve Board on Tuesday announced a $41 million penalty and consent cease and desist order against the U.S. operations of Deutsche Bank AG for anti-money laundering deficiencies.

www.federalreserve.gov...

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Trump has to defend against everything thrown at him.

If he doesn't start defending now, it will make it harder to defend later.

This is the best legal method to prepare for the illegal "search till we find a crime" agenda of the House.

Thats another part of the plan

They want to be able to run against a man the can claim will have non stop issues during his administration and never get anything done.

The problem is, despite all thats happening , hes still done a lot more than previous administrations before him.

But they are hoping they can tire the American people out.

Trumps said some stupid crap, and done some stupid crap, I havent always supported him and im always critical, but one thing I do know is true, is that he loves the country, whether its because it benefits him or not, doesnt matter to me.

What matters is he understands the direction the left want to go with it, will destroy everything, and he keeps fighting.

History has shown that even the most flawed of men can do great things in regards to this Republic.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Would you be ok with him being indicted when he's out of office?

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Would you be ok with him being indicted when he's out of office?

I would be fine if he was indicted IN office if there was any actual wrong doing found against the interests of the American people and how our republic functions.
edit on 29-4-2019 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I would be fine if he was indicted IN office if there was any actual wrong doing against the interests of the American people and how our republic functions.

Against DOJ policy, so probably not going to happen. But you're OK with crimes which may have been committed in or out of office?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join