It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is 5G safe? Verizon Announces 20 More U.S. Cities to Get 5G

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Many phones are just bellow radiation standards. Plus you have local wifi's, other cell phone users, smart meters, various EMF devices, and then on top that 5G....

The fact that they don't make radiation saftey levels for accumulated EMF's is why i don't trust 5G adding a significant increase and the assumption of officials claiming it's safe.

Radiation damage takes years and we are still very very new to this technology. Round-Up was warned about for years only to see enough scientific evidence to do something about it.

I fear cell phones will be the same way if caution is not used.
edit on 30-4-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   

global village idiot, a voice and an audience.

Haha. Well said.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Just wait until 6g release... some already talk about 6g

edit on 30-4-2019 by whiteblack because: ..

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Thing is, with ionizing radiation it's easy to come up with a mechanism and evidence for damage. RF stuff, not so much unless the power density and frequency is quite high.

Though court cases for RoundUp damages have been won they were decided by juries, not science. A jury awarded damages to a woman who spilled hot coffee in her lap. A jury awarded damages for a farmer who did who knows what with RoundUp. Don't misunderstand, I'm not claiming RoundUp is perfectly safe. But then, neither does the label.
edit on 4/30/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

global village idiot, a voice and an audience.

Haha. Well said.

Glad you seem to have gotten the reference. It's dated.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I watched this video a while ago and im really concerned

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   

This Ted talk at the university of Berkeley starts out by asking who has read the fine print of the cell phone which says you should not have your cell phone closer than one inch from the body.

I live in a third world country so far out in the sticks that a cell phone only works on a good day...so... I do not have a dog in this fight at all. I do find it amazing at all the information saying we are going in the wrong direction with 5G.

I doubt many will take the time to listen to the video but it might be worth your time. youtu.be...

5g will permit driverless cars and drone deliveries saving business big bucks having to pay drivers and delivery people among many other new tech abilities.

healthimpactnews.com...

Public attention about 5G has been focused on the plans of telecom companies to install millions of small cell towers on electric utility poles, on public buildings and schools, on bus stop shelters, in public parks, and anywhere they want in national parks and on federally owned land.
In local urban communities there would be a cell tower approximately every 500 feet along every street.
As bad as these small cell towers might seem from the standpoint of constant exposure to radio frequency (RF) radiation in close proximity to the source, perhaps an even more alarming prospect will be the beaming of millimeter length microwaves at the earth from thousands of new communication satellites.
The FCC gave approval to SpaceX on March 29, 2018, to launch 4,425 satellites into low orbit around the Earth. [1]
The total number of satellites that is expected to be put into low and high orbit by several companies will be 20,000 satellites. [1]

economictimes.indiatimes.com...

WASHINGTON D.C. : Mobile phone radiation may affect memory performance in adolescents, according to a new study.
-Media usage and brain exposure in young adults
The study found that cumulative RF-EMF brain exposure from mobile phone use over one year may have a negative effect on the development of figural memory performance in adolescents, confirming prior results published in 2015. Figural memory is mainly located in the right brain hemisphere and association with RF-EMF was more pronounced in adolescents using the mobile phone on the right side of the head.

edit on 727thk19 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

I don't suppose you have links to the studies he's talking about?

I have no horse in this race, I have a flip phone for crying out loud. But I'm interested in the actual science. What I've seen is that high power densities of UHF radiation have been shown to cause what can be described as anomalies in mice. Those power densities are far beyond what the population would be exposed to from cell towers.

I hear a lot of similarity with the 5G fears as with GM crops. Both based far more on fear than science.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Well, i was thinking about the studies of glyphosate, the active ingediant in round up. Im sure the increased scientific evidence of negative effects is playing a role in a jury's decision. I get your point though. Jury's are still not proof.

My point still stands. Evidence grew against round up and in the case if RF dangers, i predict it will too. Maybe im wrong, but better safe than sorry!

What are we missing with 5g? Not able to play heavy-bandwith online games and livestream perfectly? Yea.. that's worth it...

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Your source is nonsense.

Phased array antennas consist of clusters of hundreds of tiny antennas that work together to shoot a ray of energy at a target just like a bullet.
False. A phased array does not produce a ray of energy. That's the same sort of crap that is said about HAARP. A phased array limits side lobe radiation but it does not create a "ray."

The rays of microwaves they produce will be strong enough to pass through walls and human bodies.
Big deal. Ever listen to AM or FM radio indoors?

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Interesting thing, it's actually the adjucts to glyphosate which are of more concern than the active ingredient itself. Or perhaps the combination.

There are more dangerous herbicides than RoundUp but being careless with any of them is a problem.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Both pushed on the public without signicant unbiased studies. Both allowed into the public sector with little concern fir publuc consent. GM crops also presented clear problems beyond claims of health risks. Copywriting and monopolizing GM plants. Seeds spreading into farmers lands and biotech companies taking action against them. Lots of unethical practices.

At least you can not support biotech companies by choosing non-gmo products. 5g is forced upon citizens and there is no opt-out. Much like fluoride, it's unethical "we know best" gov. Attitude is an invasion of individual choice. At least, IMO.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Hmm.. yea, i didn't know that..

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   

GM crops also presented clear problems beyond claims of health risks. Copywriting and monopolizing GM plants.
Nothing to do with GM. Conventional hybrids were copywrited before GM plants existed.

Seeds spreading into farmers lands and biotech companies taking action against them.
In a single case. A case in which a farmer knowingly replanted GM seeds and sold the product.

But, I'm sorry I went off topic.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I hear a lot of similarity with the 5G fears as with GM crops. Both based far more on fear than science.

There are many studies and reviews that elaborate on the dangers of 0.8-2GHz frequencies (the frequencies used before 5G):

source.

To think increasing the frequencies x100 is going to have no effect is naive.

"Preliminary observations showed that (5G frequencies) increase skin temperature, alter gene expression, promote cellular proliferation and synthesis of proteins linked with oxidative stress, inflammatory and metabolic processes, could generate ocular damages, affect neuro-muscular dynamics. "
source 2

More research needs to be done, but profits cannot wait.
edit on 30-4-2019 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

To think increasing the frequencies 100x going to have no effect is naive.

As far as I know, 5G cell service doesn't go to 200GHz, or 80GHz.
www.cablefree.net...
Hardell's study, referred to in your link, seems to be questionable.

Conclusions Raised risks of glioma with mobile phone use, as reported by one (Swedish) study forming the basis of the IARC’s re-evaluation of mobile phone exposure, are not consistent with observed incidence trends in US population data, although the US data could be consistent with the modest excess risks in the Interphone study.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
And, of course, correlation does not imply causation.

Do you have a link to the full text of your second source? It doesn't seem to be an actual study. More of an essay.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
But is it safe?

Remember when GPRS was going to fry our brains, then 3G would be a killer, but we all lived. 4G was another brain-frier that never happened. 5G will not kill us either. If people fear 5G then best invest in a company selling tin foil hats, or EMF blockers, as they will stoke the fear bubble with pseudo-science to generate business.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 05:35 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
I’ve been using 5g wifi for a while now.

In case this wasn't just a joke... totally different from the 5G being discussed...

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
I’ve been using 5g wifi for a while now.
My nuts are still fine

So you have a 5G capable WiFi router. Which one? Let's look at the specs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join