It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Demand End of Trump Tax Cuts — or Else No Infrastructure Funding

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
If it is good for America you can be sure the Dims are against it. What a bunch of Globalist lap dogs.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So, this is how the Parties will work together for the good of the country???
Must have heard that wrong.....Dems have no intention......

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

So, this is how the Parties will work together for the good of the country???
Must have heard that wrong.....Dems have no intention......

Sad times, is it not?

I used to think that two differing opinions of how we as Americans could accomplish things and keep our country going strong was a good idea in politics.

A balance.

It seems my former party is now... unbalanced.

edit on 29-4-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
A well planned budget will have overhead costs like infrastructure covered. If a company is having problems paying for basic overhead costs, then it would naturally cut bloated expenses and eliminate useless redundancies to cover it.

But we don't hear too much of that kind of talk from politicians. If they do talk cuts, they will not be big ones in areas that really need it and end up doing squat to improve a budget with never enough for infrastructure.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
ahem.........
dear Democrats (Nancy and Chuckie), kindly go **** yourselves.

Show some empathy. Democrats need some "meat" on their 2020 campaign slogans. "Orange man bad!", has lost its effectiveness.

They want to be able to say, "Orange man lied! He raised your taxes!".

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Is this meeting going to be televised? If not, it should be.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
I don’t see that position as being helpful with the voters or people that drive cars which is basically everybody . Lol

Mitch is full of crap again. Trump unveiled his infrastructure plan in March 2019. The proposals were pretty much the same as the one he submitted in 2018 except the price was $”1/2 a trillion less .

The plan calls for starting the infrastructure with $200 billion which will probably come from deficit spending. Then he wants private investors and corporations to help foot the rest of the bill through bonds and tolls on interstate . There’s more incentive for private industries to help finance it but that’s all I could remember .

User fees instead of taxation sound reasonable.

User fees for things the citizens require such as roads make me squirm. But I do like the idea of a Paid road that saves time like they have in Atlanta and New Jersey Turnpike, I have traveled that one quite a bit.

Those tolls to cross a bridge like in NYC maybe ok, but they seem to have Highway robbery in their vernacular there.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So they don't want us to even have our "crumbs".

I am wondering if this is not a ploy to MAKE us ALL vote R. Why be so hateful to the citizens, IDK?

Then the R's will do like they always do and vote similar BS laws the D's WANT! That seems to be a pattern. The obvious party to vote for the last 40 years have lied and done things they said they wouldn't pretty much every time. DJT is paving a new path with "promises kept". He is the only bright spot in the R's in years.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

DJT is paving a new path with "promises kept". He is the only bright spot in the R's in years.

I'd say he is the only bright spot in politics, period... D's and R's, since Reagan. And even Reagan had his dim moments. Nobody's perfect.

2016 was the first time since Reagan that I actually voted for someone instead of against someone that I can remember. 2020 will be the second time. Feels good.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
What ever happened with the money for all of those "shovel ready " projects that Obama was talking about.
If they would show us that the money was going into infrastructure I might be more inclined to favor this.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
What in the actual f does rebuilding roads and bridges have to do with climate change?

Well better roads increases petrol or *cringes* gas mileage thereby reducing emissions so there is that

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I’d concede to roll back the tax cuts in order to shutter the IRS and employer tax collection. Let Congress members lay and collect taxes themselves on income like it says to do...or you can keep the IRS and make further taxes cuts than currently in place for the convenience of not preparing the tax bill of your voters.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Not in the US, or at least from what I see in the Midwest.

Taking low bid contracts only seems to keep the road crews in business.....shoddy new roads that rarely last, creating a vicious circle of bad roads and increased taxes.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
Every time I see Nancy P, I think of the end of Dr Strangelove, the mad doctor standing up from his wheelchair at the end..

his had had a mind of it's own.......Nancy has the same hand infront of her alot, I wonder what it sounds like talking to her inside her head.

Like an echo chamber,hellllllooooo,hellllllooooo,helllooooo....

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
What ever happened with the money for all of those "shovel ready " projects that Obama was talking about.
If they would show us that the money was going into infrastructure I might be more inclined to favor this.

The Shovel-Ready Jobs Swindle (Oct 2011)

😎

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Nancy just said they would meet later to figure out how to pay for infrastructure projects 😆

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

The tax cuts for the common man will expire if Trump doesn't get elected and renew them.

Wrong. They expire in 2025, the year Trump leaves office.

Unless of course he follows through on his promise of TaxCuts 2.0, focused more on individuals, families and small businesses...

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
President Trump should take the palm of his hand place it over Schmukmers face and shove him out the door the little wimp. It is amazing how brazen they have gotten since the globalist main stream media supports all their BS. The day the hammer drops on them it should be celebrated like the fourth of July. The down fall of the second wave of tyranny and the liberation from attempted Communism in this country.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Executive order and screw the two Dinosaur Democrats who lead the impotent and the blind.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: Fallingdown
I don’t see that position as being helpful with the voters or people that drive cars which is basically everybody . Lol

Mitch is full of crap again. Trump unveiled his infrastructure plan in March 2019. The proposals were pretty much the same as the one he submitted in 2018 except the price was $”1/2 a trillion less .

The plan calls for starting the infrastructure with $200 billion which will probably come from deficit spending. Then he wants private investors and corporations to help foot the rest of the bill through bonds and tolls on interstate . There’s more incentive for private industries to help finance it but that’s all I could remember .

User fees instead of taxation sound reasonable.

User fees for things the citizens require such as roads make me squirm. But I do like the idea of a Paid road that saves time like they have in Atlanta and New Jersey Turnpike, I have traveled that one quite a bit.

Those tolls to cross a bridge like in NYC maybe ok, but they seem to have Highway robbery in their vernacular there.

Isn't that why I'm paying a gas tax?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join