It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Demand End of Trump Tax Cuts — or Else No Infrastructure Funding

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Democrat "Leaders" Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi are meeting with Trump Tuesday to discuss an infrastructure package !!

But wait.

Schumer wants a roll-back on the tax cuts and then will support a higher gas tax !! 😆😆

Both want all kinds of goodies and Trump is wondering about a new gas tax !!

Mitch McConnell says nobody has made any proposals about how to pay for an infrastructure bill 😆

Tuesday's meeting will not go well I suspect 😆

Democrats Demand End of Trump Tax Cuts — or Else No Infrastructure Funding

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) said Monday he would not support a national gas tax increase unless President Donald Trump is willing to repeal some of his administration’s tax cuts.
Ahead of a meeting with Trump on Tuesday on a potential infrastructure deal, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Schumer wrote a letter to Trump, saying that an infrastructure deal must be “comprehensive and include clean energy and resiliency priorities.”

Schumer and Pelosi said that the deal must “go beyond transportation and into broadband, water, energy, schools, housing and other initiatives. We must also invest in resiliency and risk mitigation of our current infrastructure to deal with climate change.”

The Speaker's site -- the letter

"More Smoke and Mirrors Coming"

edit on Apr-29-2019 by xuenchen because: 🐔🐔🐓🐔

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

We refuse to take money from people unless you let us take a lot!

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
ahem.........

dear Democrats (Nancy and Chuckie), kindly go **** yourselves.

that is all

edit on pm44201919America/Chicago29p08pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If the tax cuts really weren't, what does it matter if they get rolled back or not?

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
What in the actual f does rebuilding roads and bridges have to do with climate change?

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I predict that the Democrats will come out of the meeting claiming Trump called the US a "$hithole" country and walk away from all and any Infrastructure deal.

They will then blame Trump for blowing up the deal and the rest of us will be left with crumbling infrastructure.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

So they're asking the guy who got us out of the Paris Accords because he thought climate change was a scam...

To make Americans pay more money for climate change initiatives by taxing them at a higher rate, thus lowering the GDP.

I don't see anything much coming from this meeting but Dem talking points like "Trump hates water!!" or something equally stupid.

Be nice if the Dems take some time to fix our immigration laws.

You know... something that actually needs done.

No wonder that party is fading.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Climate change is a scam.

They used to call it "global warming" but when that fell apart they changed the name to "climate change".

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If the tax cuts really weren't, what does it matter if they get rolled back or not?

My God don't ask Nancy and Chuck to explain THAT !!! 😆😆😆

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: Lumenari

Climate change is a scam.

They used to call it "global warming" but when that fell apart they changed the name to "climate change".

Oh, I'm quite aware of that.

I just thought it ironic that Dems would ask for something they know they won't get in return for Trump doing something he won't do.

It's political posturing and at a really bad time for them....

Barr is talking to the Senate Thursday.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

The tax cuts for the common man will expire if Trump doesn't get elected and renew them.

They want to make sure Trump doesn't get those votes.

Of course the Dems won't go after the tax cuts for the elite, they and their own ilk are benefiting too much from them.
edit on 29-4-2019 by abe froman because: ,

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

The tax cuts for the common man will expire if Trump doesn't get elected and renew them.

They want to make sure Trump doesn't get those votes.

Of course the Dems won't go after the tax cuts for the elite they and their own ilk are benefiting too much from them.

Reminds me of when Bernie was on Fox, and was asked why he didnt pay a higher rate in taxes (he payed only 26% or close to it). The reporter rightly asked, if you want to tax everyone else at 70%, why arent you paying it now? Bernie weakly responded, "why dont you?".......weakest response I have ever heard from a major candidate.

the left is very generous with other people's money, but not their own. the song remains the same.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Of course the Dems won't go after the tax cuts for the elite, they and their own ilk are benefiting too much from them.

Taxing the elite is “as serious as a heart attack” according to top Democratic leaders like Cuomo he's worried they might leave him.

link

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Of course, Chuckie and Pelosi want the infrastructure deal, because it will probably cater to mostly "blue" states. Aren't their candidates, for the 2020 presidential nomination, promoting the giving away of "all kinds of goodies" for free and advocating raising the taxes on wealthy Americans who earn more than a million dollars a year?

“We are definitely going to be coming out with a lot on taxes,” said Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.). “Right now, I’m not going to say anything until I have my own plan to speak about.”

thehill.com...
edit on 4/29/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I don’t see that position as being helpful with the voters or people that drive cars which is basically everybody . Lol

Mitch is full of crap again. Trump unveiled his infrastructure plan in March 2019. The proposals were pretty much the same as the one he submitted in 2018 except the price was $”1/2 a trillion less .

The plan calls for starting the infrastructure with $200 billion which will probably come from deficit spending. Then he wants private investors and corporations to help foot the rest of the bill through bonds and tolls on interstate . There’s more incentive for private industries to help finance it but that’s all I could remember .
edit on 29-4-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

We already know the Dem's ultimate tax plan.

They want everything.

And then anything that is left.

In return for our obedience, they will take care of us.

Forever.

~shudder~

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

So they don't want us to even have our "crumbs".

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Every time I see Nancy P, I think of the end of Dr Strangelove, the mad doctor standing up from his wheelchair at the end..

his had had a mind of it's own.......Nancy has the same hand infront of her alot, I wonder what it sounds like talking to her inside her head.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Why are they meeting to discuss anything?

Congress: propose legislation, vote on it, send it to the White House.

President: sign or veto.

That's the way it works. If you need to meet or discuss proposed legislation, you do it with your constituency and the other branch should do the same.

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
We already know what will happen.

The meeting will take place, but be called off early.

Pelosi and Schumer will hold a press conference outside where they will tell everyone how unreasonable Trump was.

Trump will then come out and claim that the DNC refused to negotiate.

What we won't see is the actual conversation:
    Schumer: Mr. President, we will pass a watered-down infrastructure bill only if you raise taxes back high enough to destroy the economy.

Trump: Why would I do that? The economy is strong with the taxes and the GDP is growing at a faster rate than you thought was possible two years ago.

Pelosi: Why are there colored lights blinking on the ceiling?

Schumer: You'll do it because I said so.

Trump: That's not much of a negotiation tactic, Chuck.

Pelosi: I like ice cream.

Schumer: He said no, Nancy.

Pelosi: I told you he wouldn't listen! Let's go say bad things about him... who are we talking about again?

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join