It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authoritarians Still Need Free Speech Advocates

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe
No I'm not.

Is that so?

You pretended I was speaking about speech when I clearly said I was speaking about conduct.

Speech is conduct.

This was immediately after you revealed that you do not believe in the 1st amendment at all, even if you regularly use it when you lack any other argument.

I'm glad you, as a total foreigner, are outraged that I think there are limits on Constitutional free speech. I think dirty perverts shouldn't solicit children for sex, you don't as you proved in our other conversation.

edit on 29-4-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

We have allowed those in power more power.

That hits the nail on the head Lum. We have let ''our government'' to be taken away from us,yet, how else might we ever gain back our right to govern ourselves. By tossing out the only tool we might have, our government? But you are right, we have gotten lazy and ''allowed'' those in power, more power.

My only intent on that earlier post was to suggest that it is not just government regulation and authoritarianism that regulates free speech. The issue of free speech is not so easily defined as I found the OP suggesting.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 29-4-2019 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Speech is conduct.

Speech is speech.

I'm glad you, as a total foreigner, are outraged that I think there are limits on Constitutional free speech.

I’m not outraged. I just think it’s funny to profess the constitution yet you flout it every chance you get. I already know you don’t like free speech either.

I think dirty perverts shouldn't solicit children for sex, you don't as you proved in our other conversation.

I don’t think they should either, and never said otherwise.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Speech is speech.

One's conduct is ones actions and speech is an action.

I’m not outraged. I just think it’s funny to profess the constitution yet you flout it every chance you get. I already know you don’t like free speech either.

You seem to be, what do the French say, Les Miserable about it. Don't be. I, as a rational human being, know that absolute free speech is a utopian fantasy.

I don’t think they should either, and never said otherwise.

Really now? So you think it's okay to prevent the free speech of a pervert when they are trying to solicit a child for sex?

You can't butter your bread on both sides buckaroo, either there's unlimited free speech where kiddie pervs can ask your children for sexy time or there are limits. What is it?

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

We’re born with free speech, friend.

You used to think “dirty talk” was Illegal, that is until I showed you a judge saying any such law was unconstitutional. Now you’re using “solicitation”. Authority failed you in dictating your morals. You don’t know what to think, do you?

Not you, nor anyone else can say where the boundaries of speech should be. Hence the equivocation between speech and conduct, and the authoritarian impulse to have judges and laws dictate right and wrong.

Do you believe that Congress should make no law abridging the freedom of speech?

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Tartuffe

I noticed your resurrected and disingenuous self didn't answer the question I asked in another thread and again here:

Should a pervert be allowed to solicit children for sex in the name of unlimited free speech, yes or no?

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Tartuffe

I noticed your resurrected and disingenuous self didn't answer the question I asked in another thread and again here:

Should a pervert be allowed to solicit children for sex in the name of unlimited free speech, yes or no?

I’ve answered your questions already. As soon as I answer them they shift to something slightly different.

Do you believe that Congress should make no law abridging the freedom of speech?

Simple yes or no.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Sorry Les Mis, I'm not answering your question until you man the hell up and answer mine:

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Sorry Les Mis, I'm not answering your question until you man the hell up and answer mine:

I see some cracks in your composure. Name-calling?

I’ll answer it again: no.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

What name? Your old screen name? I guess if you feel that's an insult than that's your issue.

So if a pervert cannot solicit children for sex how can there be unlimited free speech? You just limited the pervert's.

I believe some laws are required because the notion of unlimited free speech has no basis in reality.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

What name? Your old screen name? I guess if you feel that's an insult than that's your issue.

So if a pervert cannot solicit children for sex how can there be unlimited free speech? You just limited the pervert's.

I believe some laws are required because the notion of unlimited free speech has no basis in reality.

You do not believe in the first amendment free speech clause of the constitution, nor do you believe in free speech. I hope you change your mind one day.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

You do not believe in the first amendment free speech clause of the constitution, nor do you believe in free speech. I hope you change your mind one day.

Neither do you then since you agreed that perverts shouldn't be able to solicit sex from children which is the stance I have taken several times. Unlimited free speech is just your lame grandstanding position until reality comes along and slaps you upside the head with a real world example of why it doesn't work.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Neither do you then since you agreed that perverts shouldn't be able to solicit sex from children which is the stance I have taken several times. Unlimited free speech is just your lame grandstanding position until reality comes along and slaps you upside the head with a real world example of why it doesn't work.

No, I completely agree with the free speech clause of the first amendment and believe in absolute free speech. You never mentioned anything about laws or restraining speech.

If you were a good parent you wouldn’t need anything to protect your children.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   
i was just watching this lifetime movie with dad , new girl comes to school joins basketball team they have party later she gets ride. bed is empty and she is not in school next day. her mom calls the cops. later it was shown in a video she was tied up forced alchol then taken to woods for hazing. the coach was a screwed up marine and mother of captain. a girl killed herself cause of hazing a few years ago. what are your views with freedom of speech in gang stalking?

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Good deed for the day
I was afraid of making a Mis identification.

As for the title, yes, Authoritarians and would be autocrats still need free speech advocates in order to justify lying, perjury, witness tampering, suborning juries, extortion, hate speech, fear mongering, scapegoating, and etc. etc.

And yes, speech is conduct.

edit on 29-4-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   

...and believe in absolute free speech.

No you don't since you believe limiting a pervert's free speech is just fine.

If you were a good parent you wouldn’t need anything to protect your children.

Maybe mommy and daddy helicopter-parented you and were around 24/7 but most normal parents don't do that.

See you next time mon ami.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
And yes, speech is conduct.

Tell him that when he returns.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

What's this, his 6th account? I am losing track. Canadian man obsessed with free speech and Americans/american politics, throwing out word salads with his Thesaurus on hand, yet can't even fathom the basic argument that absolute free speech doesn't exist and why.

He will be back.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: valiant
Canadian man obsessed with free speech and Americans/american politics, throwing out word salads with his Thesaurus on hand, yet can't even fathom the basic argument that absolute free speech doesn't exist and why.

I always question people who are so inflexibly literal in their viewpoints.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join