It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing wood carvings!!!

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   
This is some of the most incredible artwork I've ever seen. She has an amazing talent for carving, doesn't look to be very old either. The Milky Way candy bar commercial kept popping into mind "Not going anywhere for awhile". Stumbled upon her vid tonight and though I'd share with all ya's.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

The sheer volume of work alone is astounding. One of the larger pieces looks like a lifetime of work.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Here's some more of her work, just incredible. Some of these are just insane, as in at loss for words.

www.instagram.com...
www.instagram.com...
www.instagram.com...
www.instagram.com...
www.instagram.com...
www.instagram.com...

Here's her page, also a few other artist on there.
www.instagram.com...

Im not sure how to post the actual instagram vids,if anyone wants to post them, please do.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Such natural talent. Bet it runs in the family also.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Passion is the only word I can come up with.

All that time and effort just to turn a piece of wood into art, that's passion. As a former professional athlete I can appreciate how people bust their asses for something they love to do.

As I said, passion.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

oh, MY!

breathtaking.....I cannot fathom the talent needed for this!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Not bad looking either. She probably needs a shoulder rub every night though.

That is an insane amount of work and detail, I wonder if she has “people” doing some of the basic shaping in the beginning phases. Anyone know how much they are priced (range)?

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Wow! That takes a lot of talent, patience and time! Amazing!

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I found this one done by another artist. Took him 4yrs to complete and it's 40 feet long. This is in the Guinness Book of World Records for longest carving. The detail is pretty mind blowing. Enjoy!

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Xian's work is so far beyond any descriptive words I can come up with, that I am truly and absolutely gobsmacked. Genius rears and paws the air every few centuries. We are truly in the presence of wonder and greatness when we see her work. I am in awe. WOW X 17^52!

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Facebook actually linked this vid to me earlier today. She got some carving skills that's for sure, doing the detail work on that giant log carving must have taken a long long time, more then months most likely if she did only 4 hours per day, I make knifes sometimes and more then once was thinking of doing a carved handle with designs, but dam aint nobody got time for that, even if you got the skill, which I dont, it takes a while.

And that one of the monkey king or the demon warrior one with the girl, or carving a tree out of a tree, the detail on all of them is pretty dam good.

But that log one, the thing must be heavy, and looks like she stained the wood, I would probably just cover it in lacquer or dip it in resin, and it would last a whole lot longer as wood does tend to go over time. But ya! way cool stuff.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: argentus
Xian's work is so far beyond any descriptive words I can come up with, that I am truly and absolutely gobsmacked. Genius rears and paws the air every few centuries. We are truly in the presence of wonder and greatness when we see her work. I am in awe. WOW X 17^52!

Her talent really is beyond words. There's a certain amount of what she does that could be taught and then there's the natural talent she has that can't be taught or bought no matter, you're either born with it or your not. The girls got it going on for sure.

I carved a small Santa out of driftwood once, felt like it took forever. LOL

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Amazing talent! Her works are very detailed.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I hear you. I'm 61 and have been carving wood, coral and rock all of my life. What she has created -- time and time again -- is so far beyond my imagination, let alone my abilities.

It is as if she is carving dreams and visions. Wonderous. No. Miraculous.

top topics

join