It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.G. William Barr is Determining if SPYING on TRUMP was LEGITIMATE -OR- CRIMINAL.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Barr can't even catch his breath when defending Trump, let alone pesky Dems; whom for being 'dumb' as claimed by the right ,seem to out manoeuvre Trump in every context

Barr threatens not to testify before House committee

accept reality.

Trump's presidency is the same as his prior military tenure

edit on 28-4-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
What has William Barr done to make everyone here trust him so implicitly?

Serious question.

This morning, the Attorney General is telling Gerry Nadler that he won't show up for testimony on Thursday, if Nadler is going to be his normal self...an azzhole.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

Barr is still testifying on WEDNESDAY (May 1st) before Lindsey Graham's Senate Judiciary committee, however.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
First they were saying it didnt happen, and we were all conspiracy theorists for insinuating it did. Now that it is pretty much confirmed, they only did it to protect us........that defense isnt going to work. Time is drawing near to pay the piper.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

This one is easy. It will be found legal, but based on bogus info. The Podesta group, which no longer exists, will be found solely liable. Everyone else was just trying to be good citizens. Lmao

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24346132]odzeandennz[/post

Tunnel vision much?

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

As far a I know, the only authority eligible to override his findings is the Supreme Court. The S.C. with a conservative majority.

You want anyone that spied for political reasons to get charged.
But you also hope the sc sides with republicans because they are republican themselves. For political reasons.

If this wasn't true the sc conservative majority wouldn't mater to you.
You would still be worried that they would all vote the other way.

Unfortunately your right. The sc votes on political lines NOT constitutional ones. All of them.

I think it's sad that adults are happy about that. Especially those calling themselves patriots.
It's happening on both sides and should be a red flag to anyone that actually loves this country.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

One would think that any administration could determine these things easily. Since that is not the case I take all this with a grain of salt.
All this is just talking heads saying stuff and nothing happens.

good. smart. this is all a tactic they've been using for the last 2 years.

a quick search will reveal hundreds of threads clinging to a "gotcha...maybe" 'mindset' because of sheer denial or disbelief that the great white hope was a plunker the FBI knew to spy on because of his sleaz and carelessness.

but hey, let them hold their breaths for healthcare for all Americans and a 'wall' along the border and the manufacturing jobs coming back to the US (aka closed down plants or migrated plants to Mexico of all places)

keep the hope alive 😉

I see this too.
But you and I are not smart enough to know how to really fix things.

No one seems to be.

And that is a scary truth.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
A.G. William Barr is Determining if SPYING on TRUMP was LEGITIMATE -OR- CRIMINAL.

So all Nixon had to do was claim it was for national security reasons spying on his political opponents.

That's a good observation but I think the difference is that today the potus has been given a lot more power then the potus had during nixons time.

We can thank the bushes the clintons , obama and now (because he has done nothing to lessen that given power) trump for that.

Maybe trump will do the right thing and take those spying powers away from the potus? Take the powers of the presidency back down to constitutional levels?

Do you think trump will do that?

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: underwerks
What has William Barr done to make everyone here trust him so implicitly?

Serious question.

This morning, the Attorney General is telling Gerry Nadler that he won't show up for testimony on Thursday, if Nadler is going to be his normal self...an azzhole.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

Barr is still testifying on WEDNESDAY (May 1st) before Lindsey Graham's Senate Judiciary committee, however.

That's called playing politics. Barr does it well.

Do you like it when politicians play politics?

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Oh, I absolutely disagree with this analysis. Which is surprising for me and sundance. Their motives are clear by just making one point:
Why did the FBI, CIA, et al, NEVER, not once, approach the candidate and warn him? Now, they can claim they needed to try to insert spies into the campaign to see how involved the campaign was. However, by late summer their attempts had utterly failed. At that point, the ONLY reason to keep their concerns away from candidate trump was because they weren't actually concerned about russian collusion or national/election security (as Obama said a few weeks before the election). They were concerned with spying on trump.

But if that's not enough, then there is the unmasking and the leaking. See, minimization is in place for precisely these scenario's. Where they aren't sure so they listen in to find out. In absence of any real wrongdoing, the americans being surveilled should never be unmasked. But they were. Why? Because it wasn't about national security, it was about politics. Furthemore, why the leaks? Again, not national security, but politics.

To me this article sounds like some back pedaling to cover for the swamp. Now, I don't think sundance would mean it that way, but that's how it reads to me. Given what I know (publicly available) I'm confident that if it's true (as in, I could get the recordings/tran.etc) I could convince a jury of 12 that there need to be some serious prison time for these people.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

We can thank the bushes the clintons , obama and now (because he has done nothing to lessen that given power) trump for that.

That is untrue. The congress (even the republican one before this) finally had the guts to stand up to a president. When it was obama they just rolled over like a well-trained dog.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

So all Nixon had to do was claim it was for national security reasons spying on his political opponents.

That's a good observation but I think the difference is that today the potus has been given a lot more power then the potus had during nixons time.

Maybe trump will do the right thing and take those spying powers away from the potus? Take the powers of the presidency back down to constitutional levels?

Care has asked the leftist repeatedly how would they like it if Trump turned the tables on the D's? Largely there was the sound of Crickets in an echo chamber.
edit on 28-4-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

But Trump wasn't "spied on," at least not in the sense you're suggesting.

If there was a valid suspicion that he or persons in his campaign or White House are/were compromised, or simply useful stupid idiots to a hostile entity, the duty of the US government is to investigate that for the sake of the country and its citizens (me). It's their job; it's not "spying on Trump."

Period.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Care has asked the leftist repeatedly how would they like it if Trump turned the tables on the D's? Largely there was the sound of Crickets in an echo chamber.

I'd like to ask the question what if Obama or Hillary had done half as much as Trump, would you and others be so supportive of the President, think is was unwarranted spying, a possible, coup, etc?

Oh, wait, I think I can answer for you.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Justoneman

I'd like to ask the question what if Obama or Hillary had done half as much as Trump, would you and others be so supportive of the President, think is was unwarranted spying, a possible, coup, etc?

Oh, wait, I think I can answer for you.

Half as much to make this Country the most prosperous in it's history, maybe I could give them a break. They are actual criminals that should get a grand jury review of their crimes. Trump was running for POTUS not already in power. Does that make more sense to you now?

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

You waste your time when you argue with certain ATS members. Anyway, it doesn't matter what "they" think, because Trump/Republicans/Conservatives CONTROL all the parts of government that matter right now.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

All this helps me with any deniers of truth in my circle. I have formed more precise opinions, opining here. My discussions with Phage often on opposite positions, in the areas of Science I can discuss logically, have helped me also with my peers in discussions. Thanks to the challenges these people represent. I have seen a growth in how precise several regular ATS members have evolved to and I enjoy that.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Somewhat thread related:

Today, Jerry Nadler is showing how low his I.Q. is, and how little bravery he has.

Nadler thinks that William Barr will show up in front of his committee this Thursday, and be subjected to questioning (more like grilling) by known anti-Trump Congressional "assistants", instead of the Democrat Congressmen themselves.

After that circus, Nadler expects Barr to accompany him to a secure location and display the Mueller report, totally un-redacted. Even the Grand Jury material, which is illegal to show Congress.

Nutjob Nadler vs the A.G.: hotair.com...

Nadler is certainly doing his part to destroy the Democratic party.

Good job Jerrold!

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
There was no spying on Trump. There was an investigation into why there was contact with Russians, however. Note that an investigation is not typically referred to as spying as that carries a different connotation.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tabularosa
All stemming from questionable evidence and proceedings. Which is why it is now being referred to as spying.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join