It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.G. William Barr is Determining if SPYING on TRUMP was LEGITIMATE -OR- CRIMINAL.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 01:25 AM
link   
April 28, 2019

Top DOJ and FBI officials involved with spying on the Trump campaign, transition team, and President Trump's administration, are preparing their defense, now that Attorney General Barr is earnestly investigating why the spying occurred.

Top FBI & DOJ officials in hot water over #SpyGate are preparing to use this defense: That national security interests justified bending investigative and surveillance laws & rules. In targeting Trump, they acted out of patriotic duty, and not any bias to undercut him politically.
Source: twitter.com...

The only way to legally combat this defense, is to PROVE that spying/surveillance of Trump's campaign was initiated for POLITICAL reasons, instead of NATIONAL SECURITY reasons, as Obama Admin officials will claim it was.

This article explains what (honest) DOJ investigators are looking at, to arrive at a definitive conclusion.
theconservativetreehouse.com...

If there were legitimate National Security reasons for investigating Donald Trump and those in his orbit....Game Over. Almost every action taken by Obama Administration personnel will be deemed as legal counter-intelligence activities, by Attorney General Barr.

If there were not legitimate National Security reasons, then a lot of top people from the Obama Administration are eligible for a myriad variety of criminal charges.

THIS is why President Trump, William Barr, and Republicans in Congress keep saying, "We have to get to the origins of WHY the Trump campaign was spied upon." And, "If the surveillance turns out to be politically motivated, Mueller's investigation of the President was illegitimate."

We all have our opinions. But one person knows for sure if the Spying/Surveillance of Trump was done for legitimate reasons. That is the PERSON who ordered it to commence in early 2016..or maybe sooner.

-CareWeMust

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

But but but...I thought there was no spying or wiretapping going on at all. I mean factcheck.org still refutes that claim. They even have an expert on the subject weigh in:

With respect to the president’s tweets about alleged wiretapping directed at him by the prior administration, I have no information that supports those tweets and we have looked carefully inside the FBI,” Comey said. “The Department of Justice has asked me to share with you that the answer is the same for the Department of Justice and all its components. The department has no information that supports those tweets.”

www.factcheck.org...

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Rabid political hacks from both sides to include MSN needs a day of reckoning and exposed for the low life losers they really are.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Golly, i wonder what he will find.....

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

If the Attorney General of the Department of Justice determines that there was spying occurring, it's a done deal. His job is to then ascertain if it was LEGAL or ILLEGAL spying.

As far a I know, the only authority eligible to override his findings is the Supreme Court. The S.C. with a conservative majority.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Rabid political hacks from both sides to include MSN needs a day of reckoning and exposed for the low life losers they really are.

If that is the case..you're exactly right.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   

According to Ben Rhodes, looking into the origins of the Russian Collusion Investigation is completely pointless. And he said it with fist slamming enthusiasm 😂

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

You can bet that Democrats and Republicans will grill Barr on this, when he testifies before Senator Graham's judiciary committee on Wednesday May 1st. (4 days from today)

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Ben Rhodes should WELCOME the opportunity for possible exoneration of Obama's administration.

His body language and voice indicates that he wants to keep something hidden, however.

Thanks for the video clip!

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

According to Ben Rhodes, looking into the origins of the Russian Collusion Investigation is completely pointless. And he said it with fist slamming enthusiasm 😂

twitter.com...

Ben Rhodes is very very nervous in that video. He's clearly lying through his teeth and projecting behaviour.
I suspect a lot of the Obama administration are sweating right now.

We now know, as President Trump said (and was ridiculed for) that his campaign WAS spied on. It now just requires details and whether the effort was legal. I think one of Obama's final EO's to allow unmasking and sharing across the agencies was an ass covering exercise. They knew they had broken the law. An EO after the events is not going to help them, though. It wil make it worse, because that would be a CLEAR case of obstruction of justice.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

One would think that any administration could determine these things easily. Since that is not the case I take all this with a grain of salt.
All this is just talking heads saying stuff and nothing happens.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

One would think that any administration could determine these things easily. Since that is not the case I take all this with a grain of salt.

good. smart. this is all a tactic they've been using for the last 2 years.

a quick search will reveal hundreds of threads clinging to a "gotcha...maybe" 'mindset' because of sheer denial or disbelief that the great white hope was a plunker the FBI knew to spy on because of his sleaz and carelessness.

but hey, let them hold their breaths for healthcare for all Americans and a 'wall' along the border and the manufacturing jobs coming back to the US (aka closed down plants or migrated plants to Mexico of all places)

keep the hope alive 😉

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Maybe it was for political reasons and Not a national security reason for the spying;
that would explain why Trump doesn't want certain people to testify, or that explains all the arrests from Trump's trusted circle, or why he doesn't want the unredacted report released anymore... and why 'the Trumps' decided to distance themselves from 'the Trump' for the past 2 years.

we all see the extent and intend for the spying, yet no Republicans are steady behind Trump and going after the spies , nor can Trump do anything because he knows if he barks too loudly his dirt will get exposed.

kinda like the way he used to bark at Lil Kim, as lil Kim made him stfu after a few trips to Moscow...dum dum dummmmm.
then Kim was a 'great leader' 😂.
edit on 28-4-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
What has William Barr done to make everyone here trust him so implicitly?

Serious question.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
What has William Barr done to make everyone here trust him so implicitly?

Serious question.

Ohhh I know.....

Nothing

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
A.G. William Barr is Determining if SPYING on TRUMP was LEGITIMATE -OR- CRIMINAL.

So all Nixon had to do was claim it was for national security reasons spying on his political opponents.

edit on 28-4-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

good. smart. this is all a tactic they've been using for the last 2 years.

a quick search will reveal hundreds of threads clinging to a "gotcha...maybe" 'mindset' because of sheer denial or disbelief that the great white hope was a plunker the FBI knew to spy on because of his sleaz and carelessness.

but hey, let them hold their breaths for healthcare for all Americans and a 'wall' along the border and the manufacturing jobs coming back to the US (aka closed down plants or migrated plants to Mexico of all places)

keep the hope alive 😉

Except that the wall is being built a section at a time, and companies are investing in America, which both translate to jobs.

Why are you in denial/disbelief about this?

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

So all Nixon had to do was claim it was for national security reasons spying on his political opponents.

Trying to catch DNC/Soviet collusion if you believe some sources.

Barr may catch em this time.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Good, we spent 2.5 years and millions to figure out it was based on a lie.

Next step should be an investigation into what we call fraud, waste and abuse in the USAF.

And the hammer should fall on any rep or dem that actively participated to try and prevent it ever happening again... Pipe dream I know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join