It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These are the Most Alarming Measles Outbreaks Worldwide

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Like many of my generation I got the measles when I was a kid and survived. Evidently according to the article there were an estimated 110,000 last year who did not survive. World wide that is nothing compared to the 7 billion + people on earth, however, as the article states those deaths were avoidable..

I wonder whose fault one can point their finger to for the mistrust of big farma...is it big farma itself due to the many and varied reports of healthy people getting a vaccination and all of a sudden being paralyzed or some other bad reaction or is it the stories of kids coming down with a severe case of autism after their childhood shots ? I dunno but I do know once trust is lost it does not reappear over night.

The other thing that bothers me are the schools or parents who say no unvaccinated kids on these premises allowed ... If the kids are vaccinated against a certain disease out break then those who are vaccinated should have nothing to fear....

Some of these outbreaks really are terrible for the pain and suffering that accompanies when you catch a bug..

I always trusted and thought a Flu shot or a vaccination was the way to go until the very early 80s. One of my friends got a Flu shot and within a couple of weeks was wheel chair bound (for over a year with Guillain-Barre syndrome).. I never got a flu shot again... and neither did she as far as I know.

I am glad all my kids are grown with children of their own.. There decisions and their lives on how they want to conduct themselves.. One daughter with two kids swears one of her kids was normal and perfect until she got group of shots at the two year old mark.. The poor child developed a severe case of Autism... incredibly smart in somethings and a basket case in normal social interactions..

Measles is one the most contagious diseases on the planet.

It spreads easily through the air and attacks respiratory tracts. The virus can be contracted by someone up to two hours after an infected person has left a room, says UNICEF. Measles is deadly, too. The World Health Organization reported approximately 110, 000 people died from measles in 2017, the last year for which this data is available. The vast majority of these deaths were children under the age of five years old.

These deaths and new outbreaks come despite a vaccine that is safe. This vaccine is also nearly universally available in countries that are experiencing sharp increases in measles outbreaks.

It spreads through air and infects the respiratory tract, potentially killing malnourished children or babies too young to be vaccinated. Once infected, there is no specific treatment for measles, so vaccination is a life-saving tool for children.

www.undispatch.com...
edit on 727thk19 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   
What I had as a kid was called German Measles, or rubella. A nurse at the doctors who was planning on getting pregnant asked me to sip water to contract it from the now infected glass, so she wasn't at risk during pregnancy..

I think this is more about actual measles, rubeola, which is far more serious.

Now chicken pox... that makes you want to kill yourself

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Thank you for your thread. I am a retired RN. I consider myself as a conservative when it comes to vaccinations. My child is vaccinated for the basics; my MD even agrees it is a smart plan. I will not share it because I believe that people should do their own research and do what is comfortable for them.

The current CDC recommended vaccination schedule for infants and children is excessive and is of to the benefit of pharmaceutical companies.

I also know parents that have children that developed autism just after the MMR vaccine. A perfectly normal interactive child that was happy and playing with others; then immediately after vaccine sitting in a corner wanting nothing to do with anyone and agitated. Never the same child again.

I hate the whole push of the rhetoric that you are wrong or evil for questioning the vaccine schedule.

My Mom told me as a young child: If everyone was jumping off a bridge would you?

edit on 28-4-2019 by Onlyyouknow because: Add thoughts

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

I also know parents that have children that developed autism just after the MMR vaccine. A perfectly normal interactive child that was happy and playing with others; then immediately after vaccine sitting in a corner wanting nothing to do with anyone and agitated. Never the same child again.

Thank you for the reply:
There are to many stories like that (and other stories) to think "There is nothing to see here"!

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I just wanted to add, that that one of my patients who received vaccinations for international travel developed Guillain-Barré syndrome from them. It is horrible, trapped in a paralyzed body while the mind is fully aware. Her and Doctor husband had a mentally challenged child. The Doctor husband decided one day it was too much and shot the child dead and proceeded to the hospital and shot his wife with Guillain-Barré syndrome dead. It was horrible.

This is short mention in the news disguised as a gun control issue:

www.dailypress.com...

"
In San Angelo, Texas, a retired doctor used a gun to kill himself and his wife at his wife's hospital bedside. After the shootings, police went to the doctor's home and found the couple's son and the family cat also shot to death by the doctor."

edit on 28-4-2019 by Onlyyouknow because: Add supporting documentation

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Everyone used to get the measles when I was a kid. I had the measles and the mumps not to mention chicken pox. I survived them all and the only one I don't recommend getting is the mumps. That sucked big time.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

That was kinda the point of my post, we didn't get measles.. we had the lesser one, which is not related.

idk, I could be wrong.. no one I knew ever had 'measles'... we had german measles.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The worrying thing is that measles is recurring in the developed world in high numbers (relatively), due to ignorance and apathy around vaccinations.

Ignorance is often based on the myths and pseudo-science peddled by charlatans and quacks. Apathy is often based around poor parenting behaviours and hiding behind herd immunity.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

I agree I didn't even know there was "another" measles...everyone I knew had german measles and wondered for a long time why people were apparently dying! We used to have measles parties

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
The worrying thing is that measles is recurring in the developed world in high numbers (relatively), due to ignorance and apathy around vaccinations.

Ignorance is often based on the myths and pseudo-science peddled by charlatans and quacks. Apathy is often based around poor parenting behaviours and hiding behind herd immunity.

That is because of all the unfettered immigration from 3rd world hell holes and not due to lack of vaccinations. If they actually reported the truth it would go against their preferred narratives.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow

yeah i dont believe you

just saying

just like you apparently know some kid that got the tism like right away...

every person i have ever known that has been vaccinated is fine.
ever parent that chose to have their kids vaccinated made the right choice. their kids are fine

i cant believe it is even an argument or a discussion anymore about getting kids vaccinated.

so friggin lame

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: paraphi

That is because of all the unfettered immigration from 3rd world hell holes and not due to lack of vaccinations. If they actually reported the truth it would go against their preferred narratives.

sort of

i wouldnt say all 3rd world hell holes

and if people in this country were vaccinated it wouldnt be a problem.

but some people know better.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Perhaps there is an explanation right in the article you quoted

potentially killing malnourished children or babies too young to be vaccinated.

Wouldn’t malnourished children have a weakened immune system? Very young baby’s also wouldn’t have a strong immune system but if they are to young to be vaccinated what can you do?

Perhaps some children/people react to something in the vaccines that others don’t, kind of like how some people have nut allergies but most don’t. Going by all the cases reported there could well be a link and further studies need to be done.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

yeah i dont believe you

Why would a retired RN come on here and lie about the cases they know of?

Are they a quack or snake oil salesmen with a book to sell? Or is it possible they have genuine concerns regarding the safety for some vaccines on some people?

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

yeah i dont believe you

Why would a retired RN come on here and lie about the cases they know of?

Are they a quack or snake oil salesmen with a book to sell? Or is it possible they have genuine concerns regarding the safety for some vaccines on some people?

lots of reasons i suppose

i dont have to take anything on here as the gospel truth

how do i know this person is a retired RN?
how do i know this person saw what they said they did?

the answers to the above is i dont

if you want to take everything you read on here as the gospel truth then good for you.
i dont do that

and i stand by what i said

i dont believe them

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Thanks for the biased political link, I’ll spare you my self defense link where thousands of good people protected their family’s from the dregs of society. Gun control is killing the bad guy!a reply to: Onlyyouknow

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Wouldn’t malnourished children have a weakened immune system? Very young baby’s also wouldn’t have a strong immune system but if they are to young to be vaccinated what can you do?

This is absolutely crucial to understanding measles, potential adverse outcomes, and treating it effectively. The vast majority of complications and deaths from measles are in children under five who are malnourished, and especially those deficient in Vitamin A, which is compounded by the measles as it's known to further deplete Vitamin A levels. Vitamin A is so crucial that the WHO recommends two mega doses of 200,000 IUs for children (100,000 IUs for infants) with measles in developing countries where malnutrition is rampant.

Vitamin A cannot prevent one from catching measles. Nor does it protect against all complications and adverse outcomes, but it is effective for treating the eye/vision related complications of measles, as well as pneumonia and other respiratory infections.

Obviously, such deficiencies are much much less common here, so Vitamin A's benefits are greater where malnutrition is a problem.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I hardly take anything on here as gospel truth, hell I don’t even take the gospel as truth. I can usually tell when someone is being sincere or not though, regardless if they are wrong or right about something.

Im just curious what would motivate someone to make up a bunch of lies over such a sensitive issue. Especially when I’ve heard many similar accounts from others, so we can rule out isolated nut job at least.

Like I said previously further studies need to be done as it appears nobody actually knows what is the exact cause of the issues yet.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Its big Pharma.... as in Pharmacy, pharmaceuticals, ...

Nobody ever got autism from a vaccine.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: gallop

I agree I didn't even know there was "another" measles...everyone I knew had german measles and wondered for a long time why people were apparently dying! We used to have measles parties

I always knew German measles as rubella... the "R" in the MMR vaccine. I was an adult before I knew it was called "German measles" too.

I wonder how much confusion there is in the public debate in terms of those talking about simple measles vs German measles.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join