It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pets that have been very special but have passed on.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
I'm sorry to hear about your cats!
But as you have deer in your garden, you may adopt an orphan bambi.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy
Sorry to hear that you feel guilty regarding your pet.
My dog may have lasted a little longer if i had the money, but not much longer as her kidneys were not working!

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Can any tell me what breed or combination of breeds the dog below is?
I don't want one as it is huge and looks so fierce, i am just curious.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astronomer62
a reply to: rickymouse
I'm sorry to hear about your cats!
But as you have deer in your garden, you may adopt an orphan bambi.

There was an orphan fawn that tagged along with another deer and it's fawn that was coming here last fall. The mother of the orphan got hit by a car, and the fawn was tagging along with the other family. The doe would not leave the other fawn eat our food, so we had to distract the mother and fawn and toss carrots and potatoes to the other fawn without the mother seeing what we were doing because she would go chase it away and eat the food. Kind of cruel, but actually, the orphan was eating way more of the natural food, it would probably survive better on it's own. The two fawns were born around the same time, but the doe that died was huge, and the fawn looked almost the size of a full size deer already in November of last year, the other one was way smaller. That doe that died was bigger than most bucks. Good breeding stock.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astronomer62
a reply to: Night Star
Is he louder than cat on youtube below?
www.youtube.com...

Hahaha! Mine sounds like that, but has a different pitch to his voice. It's so peaceful when he is quiet. LOL

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Perhaps if you sing to him, he will shut up, (Tongue in cheek?)
May i suggest "The Siamese Cat Song?"
disney.fandom.com...

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Astronomer62

Bahaha!

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Bahaha!

Hi Night Star,
As you love Cats, i would recommend a U.K. film for you to watch, it does deal with adult themes regarding drug abuse, however it is a "Feel Good" film and is true, it is called "A Street Cat Called Bob".
You may need your hankies,Ha Ha!
www.youtube.com...

edit on 1-5-2019 by Astronomer62 because: Link fault

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Oh that looks like a wonderful movie! Thank you!

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Found the whole movie and started watching it. This is wonderful! Thank you so much for thinking of me and sharing the trailer!

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Unfortunately, we lost this guy in October.

Hubby still tears up when we talk about him. He was Dozer, and he lived up to his name!
We have lost so many dogs. It never gets any easier. But they are so easy to love.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
My Old Man had a Jack Russell that nailed the grand old age of 17... Sparky was his name...

Honestly, a real terror of a hound... but a damned lovable one at that...

He got his name, first night at home. We were staying on a farm here in South Africa, and the little (as yet unnamed) snot slept next the bed on my dad's side. Around midnight, I hear the whelp screaming blue murder from the other side of the house. Everything is in chaos... Everyone thinking that a snake's made its way into the house and bitten the pupper... My dad, still half-asleep, flicks the switch on his bedside lamp, and nothing...

Turns out the little guy nibbled on the cable for the lamp and it was the electricity that bit him, and not a snake...

From that moment, his name was Sparky.

And man, could he swim. You jump in the pool, not 5 seconds behind you was sparky. And he would steam up and down for a half-hour easy, like a destroyer hunting U-boats in the Atlantic Theatre (luckily he never dropped any depth-charges!). One time he decided my eyebrow piercing wasn't too good looking and kindly removed it from my face on one of his "ASW patrols"...

Also hated any sweeping movement on the floor... Swish your feet? a back and a bite. Brooms and mops were his mortal enemies 'til the last...

And a gut that you could time an atomic clock to. 10h00 every morning, was "tea-time"... 11h45, then he's call my dad to make sandwiches for us. 15h55, he'd start complaining like the grumpy old man he was for his 16h00 dinner. Every single day, without fail...

What a dog... my dad's best friend... they were inseparable...

I will never forget that call I received from Dad, asking me to take old Sparks for his "last visit to the vet"...

For all the departed four-legged friends in memoriam here, may we all meet one day on the other side of the rainbow bridge. I'll have a stick ready for each one of you to fetch...
edit on 2-5-2019 by Havoc40k because: More content and fixing of failings...

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Here's a pic of our first "child" Astro playing with our niece (who's now 38). He was a pound pup, he got loose when he was about 6mos old and got hit and dragged by a car for a block. He lost a chunk of his face and the vet gave him a 50/50 chance of surviving. He was up the next day walking and eating, even with half the food falling out of the hole in his cheek. Best and smartest dog we've ever had.

A more recent loss was our cat Frick. He was a feral cat that hung around my shop with his brother Frack. When Frack went missing I brought Frick home. He spent most of his time outside lounging on the patio. We had him for about 3 years before coyotes moved in to our area. We tried keeping him inside but he wouldn't have it - we think they got him.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Found the whole movie and started watching it. This is wonderful! Thank you so much for thinking of me and sharing the trailer!

Hi Night Star,
Sorry for gap, i had to go into hospital for a couple of days but i am okay now!
I thought i would show the real cat and owner on links below:-
www.youtube.com...
Bob in Winter Wonderland below:-
www.youtube.com...
Enjoy.....
edit on 3-5-2019 by Astronomer62 because: Link fault

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I'm a little bit ZZZZzzz by small operation, so will reply to other interesting thread sections tomorrow, "I'm Sleepy".

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Awww, loved the vids of course!
Thanks!

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom
Dozer looked cute, was he a bull dog or a boxer, i can't tell from photo?

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Havoc40k
I loved hearing about your your funny stories about your Jack Russel "Sparky", they do have strong personalities, and yes i used to have one, named Suki who died in the 1980's.
As you lived in South Africa, it brought back a memory of probably the most strange pet ever, that actually lived in a house, her name was Jessica, link below:-
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61
I am sorry to hear about the loss of your pets, Astro is my avatar shortened name, so feel empathy regarding your dog!
I have a feral cat that is a good girl, so sorry to hear about your beautiful cat "Frick", however my cat "Pud Pud" hates the Vets, who has an office at 1 Cat Hill, LOL!
She then turns into a Tasmanian Devil, Ha Ha!
www.youtube.com...

edit on 4-5-2019 by Astronomer62 because: Link fault

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Thanks Astro. Yes cats can turn crazy when forced to do something they don't want to! Frick was born in a dirty industrial area and when I brought him home it took three baths to get all the grime off. Even with "help" from the kids I still got scratched up pretty good!

Our "Astro" lived a good long 15 years and we still miss him. He was named after our favorite cartoon dog from The Jetsons.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join