It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The EU Mafia Are Hating Every Minute of Brexit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

They're EU politicians they're putting EU interests first. It's more a problem in meeting product standards, to claim it's some childish "let's be mean to Africa" policy is outrageous.
Ultimately I pay for it and I want quality. And I'm sure millions of other Europeans agree.

They're EU politicians putting EU LANDOWNERS interests first . Also to your own detriment . The CAP is a modern abberation .
You pay well over the global market value for food , your country is forced to take part in mutual exclusion of non members from supplying internal eu foodmarkets eg wheat . African wheat is known to be of the higher quality than European wheat because of suitable growing conditions there and ofcourse if it was allowed to be supplied it could be grown to agreed standards . But there's no possibility of even a basic trade deal with african nations let alone that . It's mutual exclusion / economic protectionism on behalf of existing eu landowners against africans , it's reducing your choices and increasing the tariff you pay to eat . So between you me and the african nations WE'RE PAYING eu landowners to keep on owning and using and abusing the means of production , artificially raising both the price of food and the price of land to do so . Inflating the value to those who already own the very resource on which we depend . Agriculture is by default a t the basis of all economies . It's a delusion to think you'd have anything better with the eu than without it . Quite the opposite is the case . Owning and contract farming eu land is so lucrative that arab sheiks buy huge portions , just to take advantage of the subsidies . They pay out for set-aside land too ; paying landowners to do * nothing * . Who do you imagine owns by heritage the vast acreages of Europe ? Chicken farmers ? Tractor drivers ? Farmhouse inhabitants ? No , none of these . The owners and controllers of the means of production , the basis of human viability in effect , the land itself, these days - since the 90s are landlords only , EU landlords .
So arguing for the CAP or any perceived agricultural or utilitarian or green benefit of eu farming policy is arguing for simply increasing future inequity , leading to imbalance, under the false perception of the presence free market economics . No , you're paying landowners to keep owning land , there's nothing free market about that whatsoever , nothing actually good about the eu

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
a reply to: gortex

Actually Isn't chlorinated chicken actually is a thing here already it was because of many food poisonings through general incompetence at hygenic cooking , and it was Public Health England or else Europe itself who made it so ?

I'm wondering if some of the sickness is coming from the chickens being cannibals as they often use dead chickens & chicken parts to make the feed. yeah, that is gross.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
a reply to: gortex

Actually Isn't chlorinated chicken actually is a thing here already it was because of many food poisonings through general incompetence at hygenic cooking , and it was Public Health England or else Europe itself who made it so ?

I'm wondering if some of the sickness is coming from the chickens being cannibals as they often use dead chickens & chicken parts to make the feed. yeah, that is gross.

Birds eat birds, fish eat fish, dogs eat dogs, we are probably only one of a few species who don’t eat themselves but have been forced to do that even in some cases, it’s probably only because we are spiritually more aware than other species rather than the bs. Argument it will mess with our genes.

I swim in a chlorinated pool, when I get out I wash it off, keeps germs from spreading, the body doesn’t absorb it even when you take a mouthful by accident. The Chicken bs was just a convenient excuse not to buy American chicken to protect Europe Chicken.

UK has always been a net importer of food, outside of the EU we can buy African Wheat and ask our farmers to rotate the crops or grow something else.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Salute's...............................

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

What you misunderstand is "the free market" is meant to be Inside the EU. And the landowners you're talking about are also employers. It's not the EU's responsibility to buy all the crap from everywhere for some nobel ideal if they're not up to standard.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Did.. did someone here just mentioned 2x the Telegraph, once Zerohedge and one time an Hungary state-owned media speaking AGAINST the EU?

Colou(!)r me shocked.

With such a fine sample of biased sources, this discussion has reached a new low. Everyone should D(iscussion)exit this.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Where do you think you'll get your chicken from after Brexit?

Chicken farms. Was it a trick question?

Beyond the narrow view, the UK has laws against chlorinated chicken. For the UK to start importing foodstuffs of certain types it will have to change domestic law. Furthermore, the UK's high standards of animal welfare - higher then the EU standards - means that domestic law could be changed to provide a more level playing field for UK grown goods.

In other words, I would be happy to import pork from the US in preference to German pork if it met UK welfare standards. We know the German and Danish (to name but two countries) have lower animal welfare standards then the UK.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope
Not sure who/what you're referring to but you should attack the message not the source.

edit on 83042bAmerica/ChicagoSun, 28 Apr 2019 04:42:10 -05003019 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Did.. did someone here just mentioned 2x the Telegraph, once Zerohedge and one time an Hungary state-owned media speaking AGAINST the EU?
With such a fine sample of biased sources, this discussion has reached a new low.

Bias is when a statement reflects a partiality, preference, or prejudice for or against an idea. Much of what you read and hear expresses a bias.

Therefor an opinion?? If it is fact where does bias come into it?

It becomes down to you to prove/call out the facts if they are not true?

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Since when was chlorinated chicken an issue about Brexit? What's wrong with it anyway? I happily swim in chlorinated swimming pools rather than in green slime and would rather not get salmonella again (don't ask).

As for the Brexit party, it seems that T May and chums are going to find out that there are going to be consequences for failing to deliver on Brexit. Good.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join