It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Becoming a poll watcher or exit poll taker for the 2020 election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I was watching some of the Project Veritas video's and it got me thinking about the election process. I think one of the best ways to get involved might to become a poll watcher so I looked into it and found that each state has their own laws, requirements and allowances for poll watchers. Depending upon the state there can be quite a number of watchers at each polling place where others are very limited and have strict requirements.

I'm curious as to what the people are who sit outside, either outside the building or in the "entry way" of the building, with a table of candidate information. These people are obviously politically affiliated which I thought was not allowed, i didn't see this at the last election but did in 2008, 2012 and I think 2016. Maybe they weren't there b/c it was midterm elections.

I think it might also be interesting and helpful to work taking an exit poll but I haven't found as much information about that as far as who is allowed and what the requirements are. When reading about these I found that they also have "entrance polls" (often at the same location as exit polls) where they later compare the votes to see if people are changing their mind at the ballot. I see the potential for abuse in the exit polls especially if a political party is willing to commit voter fraud. It would be too easy to see that the race is close (say 50-100 votes) with 1-2 hours left so they call in for the people to be bused to the location and get in line before the cut off time or send people to fill out provisional ballots with dead people's names.

I'm wondering if there is any communication between county corner, hospitals and funeral homes with the county voter registration & elections commission/committee so that the dead are removed from the voter roles, also the prison system or DA should be in contact with this commission as well for people convicted of a felony that disqualifies them from voting.

Anyway if you might be interested in becoming a poll watcher you might want to become affiliated with a party if you are not already or get in contact with a specific campaign (varies by state) as they are often considered seperate from their party. Then it might be possible to do it if you volunteer for/with a PAC.

If anyone knows anything about exit polls, I'd be interested to hear about that.

Laws for poll watchers by state

www.ncsl.org...

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

My son became a poll watcher in the last Presidential election.

He volunteered and said it was a great experience.

I remember we were all hearing the Fake News saying Hillary would win in a historic landslide...and my son came home that evening and said "Trump's got this"!

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I have been a poll worker...it is fun, but a long day

new topics

join