It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Thing Imaginable.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Imagination.

I-magi-nation.

Words are placed in a certain order to attempt communication.

How those words are placed is left up to the Imagination.

I Imagine that some will understand, but most may not.

Some will boycott, the thought of a thought of a thought.

I believe that Imagination leads to the Realization.

This is all just a Creation.

Creating things that seem mundane and incomplete,

but steeped with possibility, nothing you can't think.

It's up to you and you and you and you, you get it?

Wisdom is free, advice is Cash, not Credit.

What is the greatest thing you can Imagine?
Is there a Limit to Imagination?

edit on 26-4-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Based upon the title, I was expecting sharks playing badminton.

Your idea is pretty good, though...
edit on 26-4-2019 by madmac5150 because: Wouldn't you?

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Ummm...so your saying that we must emulate dyslexic dissociative identity disorder sufferers...

Cool...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   

"Imagination"

All. Everything, so then reduction to nothingness, maybe?

Could imagine a never-ending cascade of different scenarios, involving badminton, involving sharks, and another multitude of possibilities involving both, or not, or anything else, in any kind of combination.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   
The Crown of Creation.... The Throne of God, literally.
edit on 27-4-2019 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   

RE: What is the greatest thing you can Imagine?
RE: Is there a Limit to Imagination?

Yes, there is a limit. The greatest thing I can imagine is based on ideas from American physicist Hugh Everett III, who proposed the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics in his doctoral thesis at Princeton University in 1957. I am a proud Everettian! Here is a good article critiquing Everettian thought, however, with the same data points I have an opposite subjective judgment to the author that is pro-Everettian. The author's arguments make me support Everettian thought even more:

www.quantamagazine.org...

"This picture gets really extravagant when you appreciate what a measurement is. In one view, any interaction between one quantum entity and another — a photon of light bouncing off an atom — can produce alternative outcomes, and so demands parallel universes. As DeWitt put it, “Every quantum transition taking place on every star, in every galaxy, in every remote corner of the universe is splitting our local world on earth into myriads of copies.” In this “multiverse,” says the physicist and many-worlds proponent Max Tegmark, “all possible states exist at every instant” — meaning, at least in the popular view, that everything that is physically possible is (or will be) realized in one of the parallel universes."

So then combine Everettian thought with the multiverse hypothesis and idea black hole create white holes:

phys.org...

The idea our Big Bang was the result of a star collapsing to a black hole in a previously existing space-time dimension creates a slightly bigger idea of what Time is in the multiverse. In the multiverse combined with the many-worlds interpretation reality and time is vastly or astronomically much bigger than anything we could possible imagine.

God is the only word big enough to represent such a huge idea for time and space. So with these two idea, the multiverse
and Everettian thought, what does the word God represent? The word God then represents the realization of every possibility that can happen will happen over the entire many-worlds multiverse. Anywhere there is probability, every possibility of a probability is realized. In one alternate Universe you marry Susan. And in another alternate Universe you marry Kim. On one space-time dimension you are a mass murderer and in another you are a version of Mother Teresa. So our Universe of space-time represents one possible set of choices realized in order for God to realized God's omnipotence.

God then becomes this idea of wholeness and completeness of every possibility realized. God is neither good nor evil because God represents both qualities in equal proportions. And the same is true for each of us. There are an equal number of space-time dimensions where we are both just a good and just as evil as anyone can be.

This then is the limit of imagination. Having a way to realize every possible possibility over the many-worlds multiverse is the limit of every possible thought and experience consciousness can possibly have in existence.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The forum chosen and topic seem at odds. ?

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

we must emulate dyslexic dissociative identity disorder sufferers...

Must is too coercive.

We may
Live action role play.

Wait! dyslexic? ummm,
"Hey, is one of us a choreographer by any chance?"

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

If I remember correctly,
In the second part of the book,
which never made it to film that I know of,
Bastion ends up in a special asylum