It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why conservatives win some battles, but usually lose the war

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Conservatives do not understand why the left has pushed so hard for the legalization of marijuana. A medicated society is a pacified society. 

Doesn't keeping pot illegal interfer with your point about doing something other than focusing on a wall. You said to stop hiring illegal (totally agree). But illegal drugs are why cartels continue to bring their chaos here.

People are going to get weed from a drug dealer (who's dealers's dealer's dealer probably gets from the cartels) if they cannot get it legally. This also increases unnecessary and expensive incarceration rates.

Prohibition didn't work for alcohol and does work for drugs.

I think man th conservatives are understanding this, Especially the new generations who didn't grow up in th he nancy regan era of anti-drug propaganda.

Entertainment industry and social media... i agree on don't give your money/time to something you avidly disagree with.. However, the country should find a way to work toether. What's it going to help if conservatives split apart into break-away social media and entertainment...

There's alreadg a massive trend of the left and right sticking inside their bias-confuirming groups.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Silly me, except for FDR, at the very least I thought conservatives won the war every four to eight years.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Republicans are selfish, they only think about making themselves rich.

Democrats think of others, they want to make EVERYBODY poor.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: oklalittledixie

I think I can sum up your op pretty easily.... Conservatives are rational critical thinkers that give people the benefit of the doubt. Liberals are emotionally driven but cunning crazies that take advantage of other people's good nature.

Cheers - Dave

Personally I think both like pushing their will on the rest of us and get authoritative boners in the process.

I would agree to some extent, but if a conservative doesn't want something, they just don't buy it. If a liberal doesn't want something, they force everybody to not have it. Also, it seems most mass shootings and large catastrophes are caused by two type of people, liberal/progressives and religious/ideological fanatics. They both seem to suffer from the same kind of dysfunctional crazy.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
Silly me, except for FDR, at the very least I thought conservatives won the war every four to eight years.

Except we've had exactly 2 conservative presidents and 3 liberal presidents in the last 100 years... the rest have all been Progressive.

Don't look at the "R" or "D" behind their names.

Look at what they do.

Both Bush Presidents were pretty Progressive.

The last actual conservative President we've had was Reagan, the last actual liberal JFK.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88
a reply to: DBCowboy

everything has an end but the turd has two.

(that is a saying here just a bit different)
it has cultural value, it is not offtopic @ mods

Trying to deal rationally with a liberal/progressive/sjw is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean end. If they want to think they are winning wars, you just have to let them believe their own BS. The only people winning are the politicians, their handlers and the lawyers. Everyone else is getting screwed.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/26.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Because what the left says is essentially you do you whatever that is, no matter what, and whenever there is a problem in your life, it's someone or something else's fault, not a natural consequence of you doing you, ever, and if you doing you creates an incompatibility with being productive in society ... well, society should create a place where you are supported in your quest to be you doing you, no matter what, forever, and if society hasn't created that space, then it's someone else's fault and not your responsibility to create that space for yourself, ever. The right says you can do you, but you have to be responsible for whatever comes of you doing you and it's no one else's responsibility to take care of you doing you.

i think you are so wrong, but just my opinion...

i am going to say (maybe incorrectly) that trump is far right... Nothing has been his fault, always somebody else

The right would poison our water in the name of profits...poison our environment...

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Not to mention that history is pushing us toward more and more population. Social norms that were developed during earlier periods that conservatives like to rally around are no long viable in the ever increasing world population.

Likewise, the increasing population does not remain static. That is the smaller pockets of people like in the old tribes or the older civilizations that could and did in many cases remain isolated from one another, holding their own belief and faith systems in common did not have the fracturing that we see going on today. The more people become aware of other cultures causes it's members, largely the younger members to not hold to the old mores and social constructs of the past but rather incorporate things they are learning from other cultures.

As the various cultures from the past develop, grow and move towards an ever increasing interdependence upon one another it is only the more liberal among us who recognize that this is an inevitable out come of human development.

Even as wrong as many liberal policies are, as ineffective they are at solving all the problems that are facing our species, at least some of them recognize what is happening to us while conservatives seem merely to want to reinforce those older methods of social cohesion, and that is doomed to failure. Why?

Because much of what is happening today is brought on by the failed social beliefs of the past. The notion of dominion ism, of never ending resources to be used at our whim is false, even though it has been instrumental in bringing us to where wer are today.

Why is media so liberal? Simply because our capitalist system has pushed us into a culture of finding the new. This often appears as libertine and licentious. What is new is interesting to people, more so than what already is. This is the capitalist system at work, the conservative drive for profit above all else means simply that , above all else, whether it is good for society or not.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
There’s a lack of Truth

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Conservatives don’t have the ‘by any means necessary’ mentality so for them it gets to a point that they don’t want the battle to escalate to the next level. Progressives don’t care how far they have to take something because the ends justify the means.

I also have boundaries I wouldn’t be willing to cross unless I was directly threatened so I guess I have the same problem as other Conservatives. At some point you have to have values that mean more than winning.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Do a little digging and you'll see that the legacies of communist and similar countries are far worse on the environment than anything the US has ever done. Check out the plight of the Aral Sea, the nuclear contamination from the Polygon in Central Asia, everyone knows about the devastation of China's lack of pollution control, or you can look into the environmental destruction wrought by Venezuela's oil industry during the Chavez nationalization.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   
here's a thought; maybe it has to do with the fact that the left tend to embrace change, whereas the right tend to want things to be like they used to be. they dig their heels in and get obstinate and won't accept the new.... and the problem with this is that the very nature of the world is change.
you can fight any individual political or ideological opponent but you can't fight the way that the world will inevitably roll on towards a different future.
that's your problem.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   
The problem is the conservatives are flat out chasing a giant leftist boogeyman that doesn't exist in reality. Same goes for the liberals chasing a nonexistant conservative nazi monster, both are created by their respective media outlets to get the clicks.
The propagandists, left and right, are the real evil.
See through the charade and you'll live longer.
edit on 27-4-2019 by BlackIbanez because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It is why I do not label myself conservative. Name anything that conservatives have conserved over the last 40 years.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackIbanez
The problem is the conservatives are flat out chasing a giant leftist boogeyman that doesn't exist in reality. Same goes for the liberals chasing a nonexistant conservative nazi monster, both are created by their respective media outlets to get the clicks.
The propagandists, left and right, are the real evil.
See through the charade and you'll live longer.

Although there is no boogeyman, there is definite left wing tint to all things mainstream and this is by collective planning. It is a religion and it has powerful adherents that are slowly making just about everyone just a little less rich and alot more insane.

It comes from the faith known as communism and its various priestly class.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join