It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC caught using edited baby picture to push measles vaccination agenda.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: gladtobehere

So what? Reporters should go into infected areas to get real pictures? I think the image of an infected baby, whether photoshopped or not, is a powerful image and should compel people to get their children vaccinated.

So, lying to people to push a position you agree with is OK with you?

Typical....d-bag thought processes, SMH.

That escalated quickly.

*starts chanting*

"BRING BACK POLIO, WE WANT POLIO!!!!! MAKE AMERICA CRIPPLED AGAIN!!!!"

Talk about fake...really? Please show me WHERE in my post I advocated any of that which you speak? Please, I challenge you to do that.

I said the acceptance of fake imagery to [push a narrative you support is wrong, REGARDLESS of the narrative.

But then, that is a higher level of understanding I guess.

As I said, D-bag thought processes.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Tartuffe

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. We all know the purpose of the OP was to somehow say that using an altered stock photo as an illustration, somehow adds to proof that Vaccines are a conspiracy. Nonsense.

To say that instead, they should have gone out and found a sick baby to take a picture of is a bit adolescent. This is just another anti-vaccination thread.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I was joking.

That said, you're saying people are thinking like d-bags and asking people to have civil discussion with you. 🤔

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

We all know the purpose of the OP was to somehow say that using an altered stock photo as an illustration, somehow adds to proof that Vaccines are a conspiracy.

Yeup. Right there in the the thread title.

And Trump is pushing the agenda too!

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

So what? Reporters should go into infected areas to get real pictures? I think the image of an infected baby, whether photoshopped or not, is a powerful image and should compel people to get their children vaccinated.

What lying? It's a photo illustration of the effects of measles. Like I asked before, do you think reporters should go into infected areas to take pictures of sick babies in order for the story to be valid?

edit on 26-4-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I was joking.

That said, you're saying people are thinking like d-bags and asking people to have civil discussion with you. 🤔

Yes, thinking that lying to push a narrative is just AOK, is exactly thinking like a D-bag. It is up to each person to ask themselves, is that how I think? If so, perhaps I am thinking like a D-bag?

Sometimes, a d-bag is just a d-bag.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

What lying? It's a photo illustration of the effects of measles. Like I asked before, do you think reporters should go into infected areas to take pictures of sick babies in order for the story to be valid?

I think the news media should represent the truth in a story. Using fake imagery adds a layer of doubt the the underlying story, and therefore jeopardizes the message integrity. If there is no stock photo of an actual baby with measles, DO NOT MAKE ONE. Simply present the story accurately with another actual photo (perhaps the after affects of measles as an adult (pock mark scars, etc...).

That would at least be representing reality. Making fake images is far from that, especially for a news organization.

edit on 4/26/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

lol just cant stop pushin Trump

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Yes, thinking that lying to push a narrative is just AOK, is exactly thinking like a D-bag.

Screw those douchebags trying to keep kids from getting sick. The nerve.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I agree with the anti-vaccers, dead kids can't annoy me when I'm out for dinner.

link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Hmm maybe just fake powerful pictures of wars to justify them or the refugees that come after,

Food for thou,,,,,,,,,,, No give it to me youmyoumyoum

link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Can't help it.
It's the first thing he's said that makes sense in a long while.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It seems there’s a disconnect as to whether or not stock photos are ok.

I guess that could just go either way.

I recall seeing stories about kids bringing BB guns to school and they used a stock photo of a pistol and stuff like that too.

My only point is the news agencies don’t put in a whole lot of effort anymore. I catch typos constantly, and sure; everyone makes them, most don’t care as long as it’s still understandable.

It’s just a really low standard for people who have such a large stake of influence in the world.

Edit ; and I personally just like to do my part to hold them to a higher standard. Remember hurricane guy who was getting blown away while kids strolled past behind him?

It’s just ridiculous. For an organization to be trusted I feel they must have something that sets them apart from the rest.

All these moms go viral on FB when they share photos of their sick babies to raise awareness; it’s for a reason- people crave authenticity- because it’s a lost art, a missing piece of our society.

just my opinion
edit on 26-4-2019 by SouthernGift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I agree with the anti-vaccers, dead kids can't annoy me when I'm out for dinner.

Well that's just messed up parenting that they let their kids act out in public. Just hand them a tablet or a phone with a game #KidHeroin

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Well that's just messed up parenting that they let their kids act out in public. Just hand them a tablet or a phone with a game #KidHeroin

Nah, just let that nitwit Jenny McCarthy raise them and my problems will be solved.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

My best guess is that the conspicuous absence of any reports of death from the current measles outbreak necessitated that something had to be done to reinforce the perception among the masses that measles is baaaaad. And a picture is worth a thousand words...

I wonder -- but there is no way to know -- if improved nutrition and medical technology has rendered the measles less dangerous than the vaccine (especially under the current vaccine schedule). Especially in the first world nations. Or, at the very least, about the same. The difference being that having the measles provides genuine lifelong immunity... the vaccination does not.

In which case the true benefit of the vaccine is only to the manufacturers' and healthcare providers' financial statements.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I guess it's OK to use fake pictures because it's for the "greater good". Like when CNN used a fake set during the gulf war. They only want what's best for us!

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Nah, just let that nitwit Jenny McCarthy raise them and my problems will be solved.

Had to google her.... Second link down

www.jennymccarthybodycount.com... Lol, the internet is savage.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
My best guess is that the conspicuous absence of any reports of death from the current measles outbreak necessitated that something had to be done to reinforce the perception among the masses that measles is baaaaad.

I don't need the media to tell me that I don't want to catch the measles, I knew that already since I have my head screwed on straight unlike the anti-vax crowd and that re-re Jenny.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
So no issue with the skin tone change.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join